How to Save Your Skin in a Nazi Victory

Since I'm in the U.S., and all of my ancestors were here by then, I'm okay. Otherwise, well, "African American Jew" probably gets me at the top of the list.

Well, Roman Catholic back at least 4 generations, 1/2 German, 1/4 Sicilian, 1/8 Irish, 1/8 Polish, with a German last name so I'm probably OK racially if the Nazi's ever make it to Indiana. The problems will start when they realize I'm a materials engineer and try to make me design stuff for them, or when my Mom shoots her mouth off (or just plain shoots something) and gets the family (minus my adorable blonde haired blue eyed little brother) sent to the concentration camps.

Both parent s born in 1939, but one from the far, far north of Scotland, the other a true born Cockney (born within the sound of Bow Bells in London) so I suspect I've been butterflied away, especially as my paternal grandfather was an ARP warden (don't think the Nazi's liked Civil Defence organisations of territories they conquered) while maternal grandfather was in War Ministery (in Persia IIRC).
Ignoring the first butterfly but accepting the second, suspect I'm not doing too good :mad:
Incidentally, when my parents cleared my paternal grandfathers house they found what I believe to be a fob watch chain with a swastika on it. I know he was anti-nazi, but could he have got this from a crashed plane? Any ideas? I have had a jeweller look at it, but it's obviously a bit "contentious" given the symbolism involved. All he could say was that is was rose(?) gold and an 'odd' carat (18 I think).

Well im 100% German (and so is my family), so that won´t be a problem. But i don´t think that i could live under a nazi dictatorship, therefore i´d try to leave. Maybe i´d have the guts to help other people - i hope i do.

Taiwanese, family emigrated there several hundred years ago. I’d probably be one of the more privileged non-japanese in the Japanese Empire if it won, and in the upper class in Taiwan as well, since I know that my Grandfather went to japan to study during WW2. However, If the resulting Nazi-Japanese cold war went hot, I would have been toast, since Taiwan was a center for the IJN and would have been plastered and glassed.

Should the Nazis ever make it to the USA, my ancestors come from either:

1) Good proud German stock (pre-1900 arrival)

2) Good proud Prussian stock from Ostpruessen (1919 arrival, after being evicted by the Poles)

And considering the (awkward) fact that, at least until the US entered the war, my family had no real problems with Hitler, I think I might be good.

Without a Nazi defeat I wouldn't exist since my paternal grandparents met in post-war Germany, but if I was put into that situation I'm 43.75% Irish, 25% Czech, 6.25% Danish, and no idea for the other 25% (the 60s were a crazy time). Saying that I'd probably try to downplay the Czech (mom's side) and overplay the Irish and Danish (dad's side). I haven't heard much about how the Nazis viewed the Irish, but it'd probably be something like a lower class. I can't see Hitler hating the Irish the same as he hated the Slavs or Jews. My Slavic grandmother did get out of Czechoslovakia in the 30's because of the Nazis so that might cause some problems.

I could probably then either be on the European Continent or in the U.S. If I was in Europe, I might end up back in Ireland not matter what. Hitler might deport Irishmen on the mainland back to Ireland, as to not "contaminate Germany with their blood".

Ireland could potentially find itself under a British Nazi puppet though, in which case I'd probably be treated even shittier than under the Nazis ironically. An Ireland directly under the Nazis would probably be economically shitty, but at least wouldn't have the racial persecution that you'd see under a Nazi-British Empire. In a Nazi US I'd probably be seen socially just the same as I would in a directly Nazi controlled Ireland, but I'd most likely be in a better economic situation, as Hitler would care more about his American puppet than Irish puppet.

Given any of those options though I'd rather just go to some remote location in the Irish countryside/British Columbia and raise sheep or something for the remainder of my life. If I was the same person I am now and born in a Nazi controlled world however, I would have probably tried to lead a resistance when I was 14 or 15 and ended up in a work camp somewhere or dead, probably dead.

Blond, tall and blue-eyed with (as far as I know) pretty much German-only ancestry (I'm half Westphalian, one quarter Hesse and one quarter Saxon, though I know next to nothing about my ancestors prior to my grandparents), so in the end I'd be off rather well, almost being an Ayran poster boy.

Alright, I roughly am

1/2 Average Chilean (Studies have shown that the average Chilean has 60% European, mostly Spanish, and 40% Indigenous DNA)
1/4 Italian
1/8 French
1/8 German

So I don't know, but if it's true that the Nazis held the Native American peoples in high regard (do you have any sources on that?), that's good news for me and my ass is safe :D

Guessing my ethnicity wouldn't pose a problem, given that I'm a minimum of one-fourth German as it is (albeit Swabian/Bavarian, fwtw). The balance is Irish/Scots/English. Throw in the fact that I have a technical (engineering) education and I'd suppose I'd be tolerated as long as I minded my own business, showed up for work on time, and so on. My wife may, interestingly, pose less of a problem than I since she has a significant Danish component to her ancestry, on top of a German component equaling/exceeding my own.

Soundgarden

Banned
I'm from Sweden, yet my paternal grandfather who was Jewish escaped from Nazi Germany before the war. Sweden was a neutral country, so I wouldn't have to worry too much, however, if Nazi Germany were to annex it, I better make some friends with some high-ranking Nazis(even Hitler himself) to get an Honorary Aryan Blood Certificate. If Erhard Milch, who is 1/4 more Jewish than I am, can be Honorary Aryan, then theoretically, I should have less trouble.

If not, I'll have to find some means of escaping to another country. Maybe Japan, who despite being an Axis Power, was a safe haven for Jews.

I'm from Sweden, yet my paternal grandfather who was Jewish escaped from Nazi Germany before the war. Sweden was a neutral country, so I wouldn't have to worry too much, however, if Nazi Germany were to annex it, I better make some friends with some high-ranking Nazis(even Hitler himself) to get an Honorary Aryan Blood Certificate. If Erhard Milch, who is 1/4 more Jewish than I am, can be Honorary Aryan, then theoretically, I should have less trouble.

If not, I'll have to find some means of escaping to another country. Maybe Japan, who despite being an Axis Power, was a safe haven for Jews.
Keep in mind that they went with the somewhat common thing of having the mother claim that the Jewish man she married was not his father.

Probably a silly and useless question, but I'll ask: what was the Nazi racial policy regarding the South-East Asians?

Blond hair and blue eyes (hell, even white skin) are almost practically non-existent amongst my fellow countrymen (and women), so it looks like we're thoroughly screwed. :(

Well, time to join the Resistance, then...

Pretty sure you'd be under the dominion of the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere, so you wouldn't really need to worry about Nazi racial policies. The local Japanese garrison on the other hand...

Though on topic, everyone seems to be worrying about blond hair and blue eyes. It was idealized as an aspect of Aryan uniqueness, but it was hardly "not blue eyes and blonde hair? not Aryan! DIE!". Hell, most Germans didn't have those features.

100% German even if my dad said once we would be old pauperized polish nobility.
I would be propably studying in Prag, Breslau or Leipzig right now and working on my plans to overthrow the Nazis .... or I would lay dead on some battlefield

AlexG

Banned
I'm Cuban but have spanish maternal great-grandparents. On the other hand Paternally My Dad and his side of the family are mixed. I think I might Die :/