How does Brandenburg develop if they don't inherit Prussia and Cleve?

Well if Brandenburg never inherits Prussia and Cleve they would probably be the poorest german elector. I think they would follow a Habsburg friendly policy since that was even the Prussian policy until Frederick II.
Would they still be able to eventually press claims on Pomerania to get a coastline? And do y'all think that a poorer Brandenburg would try their luck with the crowns of Poland Denmark or Sweden? I mean a Elector that's craving for higher -royal - recognition would have to look for any free throne around him.

Result depends on POD. If Prussian branch of House of Hohenzollern survives then Brandenburg line would also not inherit Franconian margravites of Bayreuth, Ansbach and Kulmbach (Prussian line was closer related to Franconian line than Brandenburgian). Hohenzollerns still could get royal crown, even earlier than IOTL (if POD is healthy Albrecht Friedrich of Prussia then such healthy Albrecht is serious candiate to the Polish throne in 1573 as great-grandson of Casimir IV).

Result depends on POD. If Prussian branch of House of Hohenzollern survives then Brandenburg line would also not inherit Franconian margravites of Bayreuth, Ansbach and Kulmbach (Prussian line was closer related to Franconian line than Brandenburgian). Hohenzollerns still could get royal crown, even earlier than IOTL (if POD is healthy Albrecht Friedrich of Prussia then such healthy Albrecht is serious candiate to the Polish throne in 1573 as great-grandson of Casimir IV).
The other logical POD is who Prussia go back to Poland instead of being inherited by Brandenburg after the extinction of the line of their rulers..
In both cases we will have a polish Prussia but much different Hohenzollerns

The other logical POD is who Prussia go back to Poland instead of being inherited by Brandenburg after the extinction of the line of their rulers..
In both cases we will have a polish Prussia but much different Hohenzollerns
Well I was thinking about a survival of the prussian branch. Since that would block Brandenburg from two of their most vital territories I'm unsure what potential Brandenburg has without Cleves and Prussia. Brandenburg is probably the poorest electorate of the HRE. Is a return to Catholicism plausible for the Brandenburg branch? (In OTL even Sigismund of Poland thought he could reconvert Albrecht I of Prussia but I think the prussian branch would never convert considering the Teutonic Knights never dropped their claim to Prussia until they stopped being an independent state in Napoleonic times)

In OTL even Sigismund of Poland thought he could reconvert Albrecht I of Prussia but I think the prussian branch would never convert

Prussian branch could convert if they see chance to get Polish throne. There is no need for Albrecht's conversion for Catholic Prussian Hohenzollern line. According to Treaty of Cracow made between Albrecht of Prussia and his uncle Sigismund of Poland Duchy of Prussia would be inherited by Albrecht's brothers or their male line descendants if Albrecht had no sons. At the time treaty was made Albrecht's oldest brother Kasimir Hohenzollern, Habsburg supporter and staunch Catholic, was still alive. So if some nasty accident happens to Albrecht not long after Treaty of Cracow you could end with Catholic Prussia (like in that scenario:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/catholic-ducal-prussia.456797/. )
And Catholic Ducal Prussia would not be that likely to be united with Protestant Brandenburg.