How could you stop the Dakota territories from splitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You invoke the wrath of the mods by doing this but to answer the question i heard GOP Or Democratics dis to gain more senate seats for there party so just have the opposite party in control

Deleted member 109224

You invoke the wrath of the mods by doing this but to answer the question i heard GOP Or Democratics dis to gain more senate seats for there party so just have the opposite party in control

It was the GOP. Western States full of Germans and Scandinavians tended to vote Republican.

Actually there was only one Dakota territory, not plural as the title suggests. The two states formed out of the one territory in 1889. There was never a North Dakota territory and South Dakota territory but one single Dakota territory that spawned the two states.

Two ideas I can see to have one Dakota

Have settlement more evenly distributed throughout the territory instead of having two population centers in the SE and NE of the Dakota territory. Or having settlement start exclusively in one portion of the state like the Big Sioux river valley in the SE and then spread up to the Red River valley and the Missouri and James rivers.

Having Manitoba as US possession might help as Dakota (North and South) and Manitoba could be the two states admitted.

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Closed.

Oh, you want to know why?

You mean like a conversation?

The exact thing the OP DID NOT DO?

That's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.