Himmler dies in 1938

Does it ever have any front line troops?

Probably, yeah. The SS-Verfügungstruppe (Which was the precursor of the Waffen-SS) was already well established by then. If you want to abort the Waffen-SS then you'd probably have to somehow have the army's political standing upheld. (I.E, no Blomberg-Fritsch affair, etc.)

Probably, yeah. The SS-Verfügungstruppe (Which was the precursor of the Waffen-SS) was already well established by then. If you want to abort the Waffen-SS then you'd probably have to somehow have the army's political standing upheld. (I.E, no Blomberg-Fritsch affair, etc.)

Quite possibly but I think it would be weakened somewhat. The chicken farmer may have been a nut but he was an orginized nut.

Grey Wolf

Donor
It would probably focus on its secret police and einsatzgruppen duties under Heydrich. I would think the Waffen-SS would stay at one level an elite force, and at another level a second-rate force for guards

It might be something like the NKVD on steroids

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Less occult meetings at Wewelsburg and more efficient Heydrich taking over.

And in 1945 Himmler just couldn't overthrow Hitler (no matter how much Schellenberg campaigned for it), Heydrich most likely wouldn't hesitate to do that.

_

the world war is a much worse then it happen there is no myth of the french resitance with heydrich in charge of the SS the resistance is smashed all over europe.

Also the jews are not put into ghettoes but more rounded up into camps large ones taken out into fields and then gassed much more efficient then the camps.

Heydrich was all about effiency The Extermination programs would have been more organized and efficient and with heydrich in charge without himmlers delusions he might have been able to tell hitler the real truth and made the war last alot longer.

A frightening thought with an even more efficient SS with Eichmann
in charge of the concentration camps and Mueller in charge of he
Gestapo, Heydrich's power would be enough to consider ridding
themselves of Hitler if they felt the war in Russia would ultimately
lead to defeat. I could see Heydrich pushing really hard to build
a German atomic bomb if he felt the war could not be won without it.