Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

Plus, it was already stated that Rudman and Whitmire (as well as John Henson for Sweetums) would take over the roles of the Richard Hunt characters, with presumably Rudman performing Scooter and Janice, with Whitmire as Beaker and Statler.
I already acknowledged it in my post:
Of course, it was already stated that Rudman and Whitmire would split those roles, but still.
While I am fine with Rudman's Scooter and Janice (even if they sound quite a bit Baby Bear-ish), I just found it criminal that Boyd wasn't cast as the permanent Scooter performer, or at least wasn't invited to perform Scooter in other projects. I could dream though!
Unless the arrangement is that David Rudman only performs Janice/Scooter from 1992 to 1993, in which Tyler Bunch, who had joined the cast of Sesame Street in 1993 in OTL, maybe performed Janice for The Muppets Do Shakespeare and takes over, or Rickey Boyd also takes over as Scooter around that time.
I'm guessing Rudman could've worked as something of a transitionary performer until new performers were cast, similar to Peter Linz doing a one-off Elmo performance for a 2013 stage show before Ryan Dillon was cast IOTL.
Another character David Rudman could portray in compensation is actually the Swedish Chef (for he portrayed him in The Muppet Christmas Carol in OTL), with Steve Whitmire doing the hands.
Rudman could audition for that role, at least.
While Bill Barretta could portray Waldorf (I'm personally fine with Goelz still portraying that role), Kevin Clash could be another candidate (as he had portrayed him in two episodes of Muppets Tonight).
Clash was filling in for Dave Goelz (who probably had other commitments like Muppet Treasure Island) in those episodes; Bill Barretta also filled in as Bunsen in the series premiere. Clash's Waldorf sounds closer to Hunt's Statler than Waldorf IMO. I'm also fine with Goelz' Waldorf, as I stated. I just felt that Barretta would've also taken on Waldorf had he joined earlier.

Last edited:
103965218.jpg

Brian Blessed as Professor Challenger?

Alright, I'm considering writing a guest post about a more modern Muppet series airing on NBC in the 2010s. I'd need ideas on what it could be about though. (Certainly not overly adult like OTL's 2015 series!) I'd make TTL's Walter a prominent character along with his sister Wendy (my creation from the gallery thread, based on another idea from this thread). Of course, Statler and Waldorf would heckle the show, because why wouldn't they?

Alright, I'm considering writing a guest post about a more modern Muppet series airing on NBC in the 2010s. I'd need ideas on what it could be about though. (Certainly not overly adult like OTL's 2015 series!) I'd make TTL's Walter a prominent character along with his sister Wendy (my creation from the gallery thread, based on another idea from this thread). Of course, Statler and Waldorf would heckle the show, because why wouldn't they?
I think I've got a good idea that makes it unique from the others: Include Muppets from other Jim Henson projects as guest stars in addition to human guest stars.

Alright, well since Too Late with Miss Piggy was a variety-show disguised as a late-night talk show, I think the next step could be something like a variety show disguised as a game show or a panel show, with guest stars making their appearance alongside the Muppets.
Although I would suggest maybe TTL's Walter and his sister not be first introduced on TV until like say, a Muppet movie in 2015/2016 that could be called The Muppet Show: The Movie, in time for the 40th anniversary of the show, then TTL's Walter and his sister can start appearing in Muppet tv shows.

And also, I did have some ideas floating around in my head of an Electric Mayhem spin-off film (in which they are contacted by Bob Geldof to perform as part of a Live Aid-esque event, and there's cameos and appearances from all sorts of musicians and bands around the time the film is made), but I feel like maybe it'd be better suited to a TV show, so like maybe in universe, it goes in development as a film first before it becomes a TV series. I think that single premise would just be so cool, the Electric Mayhem at Live Aid!
I think I've got a good idea that makes it unique from the others: Include Muppets from other Jim Henson projects as guest stars in addition to human guest stars.
I think maybe Disney's World of Magic and The Wonderful World of Disney already would have episodes that would have done that.
But yeah, it would be cool having Muppets and Waggles as well as characters from Benny Bunny interacting with one another.