Chicxulub

Banned
Also, I wonder what the hell [B]Chicxulub[/B] saw in your post to Like, exactly, since it makes no sense if he can't see my post that you're responding to. :p

The perils of Ignore, [B]Chicxulub[/B]!
Really @Stolengood? I liked his post because I found it funny, even though I didn't know the exact context. Also, this really isn't the place for bringing up a petty grudge. Acting like this is only going to make me less likely to unignore you.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Also, I wonder what the hell [B]Chicxulub[/B] saw in your post to Like, exactly, since it makes no sense if he can't see my post that you're responding to. :p

The perils of Ignore, [B]Chicxulub[/B]!
You are completely out of Warnings. Arguably you are out of kicks as well. but I really don't want to Ban someone just for being this damned petty.

You lucked into another chance. DO NOT push your luck.

I love the ketchup and cottage cheese part, it was funny having known that fact before. Great work!

I learned about it from Frost/Nixon

"What are you eating?"

"Cottage cheese and ketchup. I'm not sure why you're surprised - I always - I always liked it. Want some?"

"But, sir... Dick... There's so much of it."

Uhhhh....

Is this some weird loyalty test on the part of Nixon, or has he truly lost his marbles?

If he kicks Kissinger out the door, the cabinet better think about firing him.

Imagine if Nixon in this state ended up in on the national debate? It will make 1960 look pleasant for him.

If I were Pat, I'd be spending a lot of nights on the couch, especially since the bed will be covered in cottage cheese.

Uhhhh....

Is this some weird loyalty test on the part of Nixon, or has he truly lost his marbles?

Maybe it's a motor control thing? I mean, I'll admit that I don't know much about traumatic brain injury (if that's even what's happening), but it doesn't seem out of the question that excess paranoia isn't his only symptom.

Maybe it's a motor control thing? I mean, I'll admit that I don't know much about brain injury (if that's even what's happening), but it doesn't seem out of the question that excess paranoia isn't his only symptom.

I am starting to realize that too.

I think he could be even going senile.

Dementia has many scary symptoms: memory loss and uncontrollable rage.

When someone is going senile, they suffer from incredible insecurity, and lash out when they get corrected.

Nixon's already a man with a bad temper. Now, he'll probably have even bigger accidents, and will get into a rage when someone tries to correct him.

When you have a man who controls thousands of nuclear weapons in this kind of condition, well...

b22c027f406ef72d61673fa065b968c5.jpg

I am starting to realize that too.

I think he could be even going senile.

Dementia has many scary symptoms: memory loss and uncontrollable rage.

When someone is going senile, they suffer from incredible insecurity, and lash out when they get corrected.

Nixon's already a man with a bad temper. Now, he'll probably have even bigger accidents, and will get into a rage when someone tries to correct him.

When you have a man who controls thousands of nuclear weapons in this kind of condition, well...

b22c027f406ef72d61673fa065b968c5.jpg

From roughly the Saturday Night Massacre through Nixon's resignation IOTL, a period during which as one particularly talented commentator put it "Henry Kissinger and Al Haig did everything but relieve Nixon of his tie and shoelaces" (i.e. suicide watch), the Secretary of Defense, Jim Schlesinger, Kissinger, and Haig operated under a never-written-down agreement (they'd learned better than the boss not to leave paper trails) that, unless there was something like open war on in central Europe at that moment, any statements made during moments of crisis -- either international or personal (the paranoid insomniac Nixon did what men in grey flannel suits did with insomnia, namely self-medicate with alcohol, and he hit some pretty downward skids on those late-night benders in the last year of his presidency) -- that Nixon made about nuclear weapons and their possible use was to be completely and deliberately ignored. They saw it, in their way, as an act covered under the "penumbras" (wonderful legal term) of the Twenty-Fifth Amendment. What it really was, was the calculated behavior of important men who are in no position to admit publicly that the boss is not up to the job anymore because there are worlds riding on that, but need to recognize reality and take it in hand for the sake of, well, civilization.

Archibald

Banned
I still love the ramblings. And the food thing. Nixon is going off the rails on a crazy train

"Mental wounds, not healing, driving me, insane...."

I'm pondering about "aerospace ramblings" (for my TL Explorers), not from Nixon, but Howard Hughes, who was even more crazy. Among many things Hughes was interested by aerospace.

Last edited:
One can only assume Nixon and Golda Meir have some fascinating conversations...

Now that would be an interesting internal monologue to add to the conversation, Golda's.... I wonder if Mossad have a Deep Throat equivalent close enough to the hospital bed (or just Henry getting in his cups some late evening with Simcha Dinitz and telling tales out of school) to know about the anti-Semitic tear Nixon's on now. I would imagine production at Dimona is getting cranked the hell up if Israel is going to be looking out for itself for the foreseeable near term....

Bulldoggus

Banned
Now that would be an interesting internal monologue to add to the conversation, Golda's.... I wonder if Mossad have a Deep Throat equivalent close enough to the hospital bed (or just Henry getting in his cups some late evening with Simcha Dinitz and telling tales out of school) to know about the anti-Semitic tear Nixon's on now. I would imagine production at Dimona is getting cranked the hell up if Israel is going to be looking out for itself for the foreseeable near term....
@Beata Beatrix it would be awesome if you did this. Particularly if it is Golda hearing from some Mossad dude.

Archibald

Banned
In the glory year 1972 (and before he was shot) President Nixon had started NASA space shuttle program. The shuttle was to launch satellites and Hughes Corp. was a major builder of communication satellites. NASA officials were pretty stunned when Howard Hughes himself stepped in, with Jack Real arranging the meeting - a phone discussion. The NASa manager spent three hours discussing aerospace matter with Hughes, which mind was still sharp.

Except that sharp mind was hostage of a failing body marred by intractable pain. Hughes life was excruciating hell, every second of every minute was pain.

NERVA, space telescopes, Grand Tour, Viking, shuttle, Skylab, Apollo. NASA and government rules over the world of aerospace – but back in the day I was the king of aerospace, I flew the largest aircraft in the world Spruce Goose, only to screw Congress and Kaiser, and XF-11 was best reconnaissance aircraft in the world and back then I personally knew Lindbergh that was a crypto-nazi just like Joe Kennedy, fuck the Kennedys, and my H-1 racer got copied by the Japs which turned it into the Zeroes that wrecked our fleet in Pearl Harbor so I'm indirectly responsible of the death of 3000 of our boys and then as the war was over in '46 I crashed on Beverly Hill and was utterly crushed - third degree burn of abdomen and chest wall, fractures of chin, jaw, left knee, and left elbow, multiple burns of left ear, left chest, left abdominal wall, little finger left hand, left buttocks, third degree burns in some areas. one large burn extended from left shoulder to left hip, displacement of 6th cervical vertebrae onto the body of the 7th fracture through lateral articular facets of 5, 6, 7th cervical vertebrae fractures of ribs 1, 2, 3, and 4 on right. fractures of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 on left, fracture of left clavicle, hemorrhage into left chest cavity with displacement of heart into right chest, hemorrhage into mediastinum, blood loss requiring transfusions.

In Las Vegas Marylin Monroe got screwed by all three Kennedy's brothers, plus the complete rat pack here in Las Vegas - Sinatra, Davis, Lawford and Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis and then I corrupted Nixon failed brother Donald and Tricky Dick shitted his pants about it fearing Johnson or Humphrey or McGovern used it against him so he awaited the death of cocksucker John Edgar Hoover and broke out the Watergate with its plumbers and Jimmy Hoffa vanished without a trace while negroes killed each others in Newark and Detroit, MalcolmX got murdered, and Martin Luther King got a bullet in his throat and dropped dead, and RFK dropped dead, too, like his brother that lost most his brain if he ever used it, meanwhile I under-priced OH-6 helicopters to win the contract with McNamara's Pentagon, losing a small fortune but turning Vietnam into a parking lot infested by Agent orange and dioxine and then there all those killers on the run - Oswald, Sihran Sirhan, Manson, Earl Ray, Bremmer, Fromme, Moore, Chapmann, and Hinckley, and Ted Kennedy car sunk with that unfortunate girl, fuck those Kennedys.

Codeine, intractable pain, valium, germs, Ice Station Zebra, Jane Russell breasts, germs, underground nuclear explosions 100 miles from Las Vegas are shaking the hotel where I live as a recluse - radiation scare the shit out of me as much as germs so I'll corrupt any President in office to make nuclear testing in Nevada to stop, needs more Valium to sleep 48 hours in a row and forget that excruciating pain, damn it, can't even wear shoes or cut my nails, Ice station zebra the U.S government has a super secret agency with spy satellites that can see details as small as four inches on the ground from an altitude 100 miles high and sometimes a satellite malfunction and the Soviets try to grab it but here I am with my Glomar Explorer picking up a Soviet nuclear sub from the deep end with everyone dead onboard manganese nodules from the ocean floor - my ass this is only a cover story from the CIA and Las Vegas has been infested by the Mob after Cuba fell to fucking Castro and Chicago was not good enough for the mafia which prefered my sunny Nevada so Giancana and Santo Trafficante, Jr. were contacted by Johnny Roselli, Giancana's number-two man in Las Vegas about the possibility of an assassination attempt by a go-between from CIA, Robert Maheu who offered $150,000 for the "removal" of Castro and Giancana suggested using poison pills that could be used to doctor Castro's food and drink. but the entire program was canceled shortly thereafter due to the launching of the Bay of Pigs Invasion giant clusterfuck and the same nuclear bombs that shake my hotel room nearly blew up the world over Castro in 62, all 20 000 nukes, and then Doctor Strangelove and Fail Safe and Goldsborough, Palomares and Thulé were fucked up by B-52s falling from the sky, and they recovered a H-bomb from the depth with a submarine, thank you McNamara and if they tried to poison Castro maybe they will try to poison me, Nixon can't be trusted, paranoid jerk, I hate germs, valium, more pain, codeine...

Last edited: