Deleted member 96212

He'll turn Wallace from an angry racist into the heroic defender against the establishment.

donald-trump-bankruptcy-lies-r.jpg

XIII.
XIII.

A victory in Vermont and a victory in Massachusetts that's good a victory is good propelling us further to the goal but Massachusetts was too close for us Humphrey just close behind he'll win and then there was Wallace George Wallace the man is only half a Democrat and half a Dixiecrat an opportunist of an order so impressive that I'd be impressed if he didn't make me more disgusted than anything else I'd seen in my life but if we're not careful yes we have to watch out for Humphrey he's a good man Humphrey he is but he's not what we should stand for as the party we need to end this war this fucking war this mindless endless pointless God-forsaken war just end the war please God end the war and if God won't end the war then I'll end the war I'll end the fucking war the God-forsaken war that drinks so many American boys' lives like a rich man drinks wine a rare vintage the vintage of a generation that can't happen it can't happen we can't let it fucking keep happening no God! it can't happen anymore it needs to end the war must end now as soon as I can end it now.

"Senator McGovern?"

"Yes, um... Yes."

"You seem... distracted."

"Sorry. Um, yes. No, well, just lost in thought, I suppose."

"I understand, Senator."

"Yeah."

"You know we have Pennsylvania next, of course."

"Yeah."

"Humphrey might win that."

"So I hear."

A man enters.

"Pennsylvania, huh?"

"Yes, Gary."

"I... We.. Well, we can win a few delegates there."

"That's less than reassuring."

"I know. That... I'm not very happy about it."

"So, we need to look out for Humphrey and - God help us - Wallace?"

"Yeah. You saw Massachusetts - those inner city people, I mean, they go for Wallace."

"Shit."

"Some delegates are better than no delegates."

"I know, but... Shit."

"You can say that again."

"I won't."

▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒
"Attorney General Mitchell's here to see you, Mr. President."

"John, huh? All right, s-send him in, Buzz."

"Bud, sir."

"Oh, of course. Sorry, Bud."

A man enters.

"Dick?"

"John, it's... Good to see you. I'm glad to know that I can still trust - I can still trust you?"

"You know me better than that, Dick."

A chuckle.

"Of course, of course! You can't be too careful, though. You have to watch out, John, because they're everywhere, and they'll shoot you if you're not careful, if you're not well-guarded. You have to be careful, John. The Jews, I mean, John, the Jews, and the negroes, and the Goddamn liberals, and all those, you know, you can't - you can't trust 'em."

"Of course, Dick. You can never trust anyone."

"Damn right, John."

"What did you, uh, bring me in here for, Mr. President?"

"I needed to see if you were, uh, still loyal, you know."

"Always, Dick."

"I'm - I'm glad to hear that."

"D-Dick?"

"What are you eating?"

"Cottage cheese and ketchup. I'm not sure why you're surprised - I always - I always liked it. Want some?"

"But, sir... Dick... There's so much of it."

"What do you mean?"

"You're... Sir, you're covered in it, for God's sake. Ketchup and cottage cheese all over you. My God. It's all over the desk, too."

"What do you - what do you think you're doing?"

"Sir, I'm not sure how you can work here - the cottage cheese and ketchup, it's - it's everywhere, Dick."

"Don't call me Dick."

"But..."

"Run back to your employers - I'm not sure who - and tell them that I've found you out. I knew I couldn't trust you. It's the people - it's the people you keep closest to you, the people that are your closest friends, that you can't - that you can never trust. I never trust."

"But, Di-uh, sir, I never..."

"Get out."

"I... Mr. President."

"Get. Out."

"Sir."

"JUDAS! JUDAS! JUDAS!"

He left the room. One thought was in his head.

Mrs. Nixon.

4gwWa9E.jpg

Mmmmm... awesome update! The mental picture of Richard Nixon covered in cottage cheese and ketchup while screaming anti-Semitic screeds is... something, to say the least.

Very nice update Beata. For some reason, I'm wondering if this is only going to accelerate some of the Cabinet pushing to use the 25th Amendment to remove Nixon from office if he refuses to resign.

This is what I predic:

Agnew carries Maryland, Connally takes Texas, Indiana, Arizona (maybe Illinois), all the rest are divided among favorite sons, smaller candidates