Help needed, identifying short stories

Ok, guys, I need your help.
Two short stories have been running around in my brain and I simply must have their title (and author, if possible) or I'll go insane, travel back to 1939, kill Hitler, take over and conquer the world via an alternate operation sealion across the atlantic in rhine barges.

The first stort is about a future Earth where people have their brains scanned at a certain age, and then have all the necesarry knowledge for the most suitable job uploaded in their brain.
The protagonist is told that, "sorry, your brain is unsuited for any job"
he's sent to what he regards as a guilded cage. He desperately tries to be usefull.
and ... well, I'm not actually going to post the clue to the story, but those who know it must surely recognise it by now.

The second story, I thought was by HG Wells, but checking his bibliography, I can't find it.
I also thought it was called 'the thinking machine' but googling that just brings up non related detective stories.
So, here goes, this story is about a computer (though it's not refered to as such) who, based on extencive surveys filled in by people at various stages in their life, is able to answer any personal question. (like, should I take this job or that, the machine will know in which job you'll be happiest)
The machine can also predict crime. (and at this point I should mention that the story vastly predates minority report; that, I'm sure of)
The protagonist's (a young boy) father is arrested for a future crime and the story explores the boy's attempts to get his dad released.
Again, no ending to the story, but, if you've read it, you'll recognise it.

So, can anyone help me?

The first stort is about a future Earth where people have their brains scanned at a certain age, and then have all the necesarry knowledge for the most suitable job uploaded in their brain.
The protagonist is told that, "sorry, your brain is unsuited for any job"
he's sent to what he regards as a guilded cage. He desperately tries to be usefull.
and ... well, I'm not actually going to post the clue to the story, but those who know it must surely recognise it by now.

Thats "Profession" by Isaac Asimov from Nine Tomorrows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profession_(short_story)

The second is an Asimov story also. The title is "All the Troubles in the World" also from Nine Tomorrows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_the_Troubles_of_the_World