Help My Worldbuilding Project

Why hello there! You have seemed to of stumbled across this thread. Good for you and me, if you would be so kind please continue reading!

Attached you will see a map. This is the topography of my world. It's rotation/orbit are opposite to that of earth so its wind and current systems are flipped. I ask AH.com if any of its member would willingly give up time to help me design its biomes/rainfall/temperature. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
tubendo

new map height.png

It'll probably be best for you to do your own research on weather patterns and global climate and give it a go yourself but generally the areas you have between two large mountain ranges west and east will be large deserts as there will be a rainshadow coming from both directions. A good reference would be Planetocopia which features a host of built worlds with climate models which may help you out somewhat.

A lot of worldbuilding is guesswork and creativity even when keeping within realistic boundaries so don't get to caught up in potential mistakes, worlds are complex and there are many variables that can't even be explained properly so you just use your own discretion.

I've said this before on this site, but I'll say it again. Geoff's Climate Cookbook is a great resource for mapping out climates on an earthlike world, and I'd highly suggest it for this scenario. All you would need to do is flip east and west, since the planet is rotating in the opposite direction.

It'll probably be best for you to do your own research on weather patterns and global climate and give it a go yourself but generally the areas you have between two large mountain ranges west and east will be large deserts as there will be a rainshadow coming from both directions. A good reference would be Planetocopia which features a host of built worlds with climate models which may help you out somewhat.

A lot of worldbuilding is guesswork and creativity even when keeping within realistic boundaries so don't get to caught up in potential mistakes, worlds are complex and there are many variables that can't even be explained properly so you just use your own discretion.

I've said this before on this site, but I'll say it again. Geoff's Climate Cookbook is a great resource for mapping out climates on an earthlike world, and I'd highly suggest it for this scenario. All you would need to do is flip east and west, since the planet is rotating in the opposite direction.

Thanks! I'll search up your sources.

My only advice would be that i think less tall coastal ranges and more flat plateaus and highlands would look realistic. Otherwise it looks awesome.