Have you ever tried to get others into Alternate History?

Interestingly, I have had a hard time getting friends into alternate history books, but have had success with this site. My girlfriend reads and generally enjoys my own TLs, and one of my friends who is really into Russian and Ukrainian history has really enjoyed several TLs on this site, including (oddly enough, considering his area of interest), The Union Forever. Though my biggest success was showing my dormmate, who is originally from Nigeria, Male Rising and getting him into it enough that he read it in a couple days. :D

In general, I've found that most of the people I talk to think alternate history is interesting, but usually think their own knowledge of history isn't enough to really understand it.

Interestingly, I have had a hard time getting friends into alternate history books, but have had success with this site. My girlfriend reads and generally enjoys my own TLs, and one of my friends who is really into Russian and Ukrainian history has really enjoyed several TLs on this site, including (oddly enough, considering his area of interest), The Union Forever. Though my biggest success was showing my dormmate, who is originally from Nigeria, Male Rising and getting him into it enough that he read it in a couple days. :D

In general, I've found that most of the people I talk to think alternate history is interesting, but usually think their own knowledge of history isn't enough to really understand it.

I have tried to get white South Africans interested in the Draka Series on my travels, but they never get started on it while we are still together.

My dad owns Guns of the South and 2 TL-191 books, but doesn't do much now that he's read them. I talked one of my friends into reading How Few Remain, but that's about the extent of my converts.

Well, continuing from my previous response, I did manage to get two of my friends in alt hist, especially my own ALT's. But, they can't comprehend it at times, because they also can't comprehend OTL history as well lol.

Funnily enough, my middle brother *did* get into Turtledove at one point, and he's not much of an alternate history fan. He's more into military stuff, I think.

Have a small number of people I have worked with that are mildly interested in my Finnish Timeline, more because they think it's hilariously funny and makes for a good coffee machine chat rather than any real interest in AH. Other than that, no sucess in interesting anyone whatsover.