Have the FDP be more like the FPÖ

That's the challenge, have the Free Democratic Party evolve to be a right-wing populist party like its Austrian sister party the Freedom Party (FPÖ)

Now, as I believe, the FDP opposed de-Nazification and had former Nazis try to infiltrate the party. They also supported an "Alliance of German Soldiers" of former Wehrmacht and SS members to integrate the nationalists into democracy. So already we have a reasonable base for our challenge. This is my suggestion for a start, you can decide your own if you want.

I´m sorry, but i don´t think this is possible. It is true that the FDP was very conservative in the beginning but it has evolved and is a liberal Party. Lobbying for gay rights open to Immigration...

That said, you´d need a complete Change of the Party leadership and probably 0% of the Party members

Eh, I had this long post planned, but whatever.
Two facts that caused a big differenct: Less focused de-nazification and Jörg Haider. Without those the FPÖ might have follwed a similar path to the FDP.
So, you'd have to somehow let more former Nazi's enter German politics. In Austria a lot of that happened, because the SPÖ was poaching former Nazis to support their deplented ranks of academics (leading up to Kreisky's saying "Wer ein Nazi war bestimme ich." - "I decide who was a Nazi.").
And then you'd need a charismatic leader, who no matter what you think of him was a gifted politician (if not nessecary good for the budget), who manages to unify the nationalist splinter factions against the liberals.
So all in all unlikely to happen, because you'd also need to prevent all those NDP and similar parties from happening while getting their members acepted into the FDP - where they have to stay as low key members for a long enough time to get rid of those old members who actually were Nazi party members.
And so it's a relative long post anyway...

OK. So, its somewhat unlikely, I see.

How about less focused de-Nazification, more young former Nazis enter the FDP, etc.

What about a more thorough purging of the SPD, so no Sopade? Would this create more of a push to take former Nazis? Or is the Party of Otto Wels anti-Nazi enough? I know that after WWII, the SPD was somewhat nationalist, I believe.