Have any of you ever read The third World war august

Technically it would be an FH ecause it was published in 1978, but you could call it AH. I saw it in my school library and found to be a great read. I thinm it' ssupposed to be a wargaming sceario of some sort, if NATO made sifnificant military improvements and the soviet Unioninvaded West Germany. in 85It makes a rather accuarate prediction that if the Warsaw Pact suffered any majorks, it would be likely to fall apart. Though I didn't undersand the Iranian Revoulution not happening or Mobutu retiring. This ought to be under books, movie, and games, but i felt lazy and put it here

Straha

Banned
Its interesting stuff. I own a copy of it but its at home and not at my dorm so I don't have acess to ti at the moment(and won't until friday)

[ Though I didn't undersand the Iranian Revoulution not happening or Mobutu retiring. The book was written Pre-Iranian revolution and being mostly a Nato vs Warsaw pact senario , the author didn't really anticipate it. I read it back in High School (early 1980's) and being somewhat of a cold warrior and a war-gamer it was considered quite the influencial book in it's day.

Last edited:
I found a copy in my uncle's old room at my grandmother's house. Very interesting book.

The idea of Iran's 1000 Chieftain tanks threatening the southern USSR was rather cool (most WWIII scenarios are Eurocentric). That might have been a way of diverting the energies of the fundamentalists--go join the Army and kill godless atheistic Commies!