Graphic Thread

Alien Sky:
alien sky.png

1660629102268.png

Made a bilingual city sign for my city. (Although using a GDR version that is very close to the one used in the west before the current one)

Japanese war poster - "I'm helping too!"
from my timeline "Common peace, Common wealth"
5UKvAsl.png

This is a war poster which was used to encourage women to join various service branches in non-combat roles. Participation of women in the army was allowed by decree by Empress Shigeko upon her ascension in 1941, and was controversial at th time due to the conservative nature of Japanese society. The change was unopposed, however, due to the recent violent attempts to overthrow the government by far-right groups which had led to the death of much of the royal family.

The poster shows a woman, affectionately nicknamed "Kana-chan" (Miss Kana, where Kana 花菜, means "flower") by soldiers, pointing to herself and saying "I, too, am helping!". The sentence is broken into two parts, using informal grammar. Breaking the sentence allowed the second half to also appear as an order "Go help!" while using informal grammar made the situation more relatable to the lower classes of Japanese society. Kana points to her nose, as in East Asian thinking, "self" is represented by the nose, the centre of the face.

There are two flags visible, the Japanese state flag and the Democratic Chinese flag. The choice to use the state flag instead of the Rising Sun flag was a conscious one, as society was still aware of the trauma experienced by Empress Shigeko at the time of her ascension.

Kana-chan became a beloved figure in the army and post-war Japan, with various comic strips made of her and her adventures. The developing industry sparked by the love of Kana-chan and her portrayal of a naiive and idealistic country girl later led to the birth of Japan's comic and animation industries.
purely a design suggestion: instead of having the fingernail being a different colour, just give the nail a black outline. One general principle with design is "don't use 4 colours if you can only use 3 & don't use 3 colours if you can only use 2"

purely a design suggestion: instead of having the fingernail being a different colour, just give the nail a black outline. One general principle with design is "don't use 4 colours if you can only use 3 & don't use 3 colours if you can only use 2"
I tried with a line first, but I couldn't get it to look nice

drqkhveyr8j91.png

Pretty morbid scenario I know, but hopefully interesting.

While the old Kai Tak Airport was open in Hong Kong, planes flew extremely low over the Kowloon area, including sometimes Kowloon Walled City, then the most densely populated place on earth, an area of 50,000 people within barely 120m by 100m of land.

So what if the worst happened? What if a Boeing 747 coming in to land at Kai Tak had, by freak accident, struck the Kowloon Walled City? It's something I'm surprised nobody has seemingly ever done before, and this is my attempt

I'm no expert at all on aviation, and I tried my best just from looking up other air disasters and trying to make something vaguely plausible. If there's anything that doesn't make sense, that's why, and aviation experts, feel free to correct me!

Also, there was a real flight 605 accident that happened later on in Hong Kong. This is not that specific event, but it's the same flight number since flights tend to keep their numbers for a long time and I needed a flight that involved a 747 at Hong Kong and this one worked.

Is this AI generated?
If it is your actual art then I'm sorry for the above assumption and you definitely got talent but it does look a lot like the better examples of AI generated images.

If it's AI art then that's also cool since I recently got access to a closed beta of Artbreeder implementation of the Stable Diffusion model and was thinking about starting a thread specifically for AI generated images but wasn't sure if there are other people on the forum with access to any of the currently available text-to-image generators.

Last edited:
Is this AI generated?
If it is your actual art then I'm sorry for the above assumption and you definitely got talent but it does look a lot like the better examples of AI generated images.

If it's AI art then that's also cool since I recently got access to a closed beta of Artbreeder implementation of the Stable Diffusion model and was thinking about starting a thread specifically for AI generated images but wasn't sure if there are other people on the forum with access to any of the currently available text-to-image generators.
This is AI generated art. I have no actual talent for creating actual art besides using paint.net to design some simple pixel art and maps. And or doing simpler stuff. I was using Midjourney. But upon checking my Discord it seems they've erased their discord. Never mind I am back in. Seems like they removed me for inactivity. I just didn't want to waste all my opportunities in one go.

This is AI generated art. I have no actual talent for creating actual art besides using paint.net to design some simple pixel art and maps. And or doing simpler stuff. I was using Midjourney. But upon checking my Discord it seems they've erased their discord. Never mind I am back in. Seems like they removed me for inactivity. I just didn't want to waste all my opportunities in one go.
Cool. Midjourney looks nice but 30$ per month is way more than I would willing to pay.

Here is some stuff that I generated in the previously mentioned closed beta of the Artbreeder version of Stable Diffusion:

"The Chinese Emperor in 1950, official state photography "
The Chinese Emperor in 1950, official state photography (2).png

"modern clothes inspired by ancient Egyptian fashion, fashion photo, advertisement photo"
modern clothes inspired by ancient Egyptian fashion, fashion photo, advertisement photo (1).png

"female personification of Alternate History with blue butterfly, neoclassical painting"
female personification of Alternate History  with blue butterfly, neoclassical painting.jpg