German Slipways

Hi
From my research, I have found that the Germans had 8 slipways that built ships larger than destroyers in the build up to WW2. Does anyone know what was built on what slip at which time? Is there a nice chart showing how long each slip was occupied for?

Thanks in advance.

Any details on either Kaiserliche Werft Danzig or AG Vulcan Stettin slipways, dating from World War I and both apparently used to build Bayern-class Super Dreadnoughts they appear big enough to have built something up to at least heavy cruiser or possibly "pocket" battleship size? It seems neither did any major building in World War Two, any more details as to why? I recall at least one or both were too shallow for bigger ships to transit out, at least one seems to have been bankrupted and I image both suffered from the post-war downsizing and later Depression-era hardships.

Any details on either Kaiserliche Werft Danzig or AG Vulcan Stettin slipways, dating from World War I and both apparently used to build Bayern-class Super Dreadnoughts they appear big enough to have built something up to at least heavy cruiser or possibly "pocket" battleship size? It seems neither did any major building in World War Two, any more details as to why?

Self explanatory. To expand: after Treaty of Versailes Kaiserliche Werft (renamed to Danziger Werft) ended outside of Germany and since 1921 was forbidden from building warships. Only after take over by 3rd Reich it resumed military production, mostly U-boots.

Besides, IIRC, after the break-out of WW2 no new big ship (light cruiser or bigger) has started building in any German shipyard - only ships that were in late phase of construction were finished - and not all of them even (i.e. Seydlitz, Graf Zeppelin).

Self explanatory. To expand: after Treaty of Versailes Kaiserliche Werft (renamed to Danziger Werft) ended outside of Germany and since 1921 was forbidden from building warships. Only after take over by 3rd Reich it resumed military production, mostly U-boots.

Besides, IIRC, after the break-out of WW2 no new big ship (light cruiser or bigger) has started building in any German shipyard - only ships that were in late phase of construction were finished - and not all of them even (i.e. Seydlitz, Graf Zeppelin).

Yes I realize they were neglected post WWI and nothing new was started but I still want to know if they could be utilized, I assume they could build anything to a Bayern, I assume at that size these are dry docks, etc., but so far I find no real detail to know.

thaddeus

Donor
were they able to build the destroyers in same slips as they got progressively larger? my particular case was the planned 1938 destroyer that was approx. 5,000 tonnes?

(mean the slips that had normally been used for destroyer size ships)