George Washington Killed at Yorktown

Where was I going with all this? The Colonies were going to achieve independence anyway, they were eventually getting too populous and would've been more efficient tps and mas to Britain as independents. The when, how, and how much didn't have to turn out as it did. Why hasn't anyone suggested thirteen republics? They were created as thirteen different countries and willing (sort of) merged into federation to maintain economic solvency. The retired general was a the linchpin in convincing the thirteen country-states, especially the southern ones, that more was to be had together.
Well, I think a federation is likely after OTL's ARW... However, how strong that federation would be, and how lasting, was probably helped along by the strong leadership of George Washington. Note that even with Washington, Rhode Island, IIRC, had to be "threatened" (Alright, if you don't join the Constitution, then we'll treat you as a foreign country- Tarrifs and all) to join the Constitution. Could we possibly see a version of the USA that is more of a trade union that a real state?

Imajin said:
Well, I think a federation is likely after OTL's ARW... However, how strong that federation would be, and how lasting, was probably helped along by the strong leadership of George Washington. Note that even with Washington, Rhode Island, IIRC, had to be "threatened" (Alright, if you don't join the Constitution, then we'll treat you as a foreign country- Tarrifs and all) to join the Constitution. Could we possibly see a version of the USA that is more of a trade union that a real state?

I doubt it. Trading unions without united militaries to support it is a recent, and risky, idea. Once you have a united military, you're not a trade bloc, you're a state.