Gaulish state?

Hi there.

Since my failure with Vive l'Empereur, i've been thinking about writing a new TL. I'm interested in the Gaulish civilization and culture. And seeing that Caesar did an amazing job actually conquering their territory, i believe it'd be an interesting idea for them to actually stay independent.

I've been doing some research. Using 'The Battle Book' as a source, here is a description of the last battle between the Romans and the Gauls: The Battle of Alesia. Perhaps this would be the best POD for a Gaulish nation to rise.

ALESIA:

Date: 52 BC.
Location: Mont Auxois, east of Alise-Sainte-Raine, near Dijon, Côte d'Or, France.
War and campaign: Caesar's Gallic War, 58-52 BC.
Opposing sides: (a) Julius Caesar; (b) Vercingetorix
Objective: Caesar was besieging the stronghold in order to force the Gallic chieftain Vercingetorix to surrender, thereby bringing the war to an end.
Forces engaged: (a) approximately 70,000; (b) within the fortress, 80,000 infantry and 15,000 cavalry; with the relief army, possibly 250,000 infantry and 8,000 cavalry; total 353,000.
Casualties: Unknown.
Result: The defeat of the Gallic relief army followed by the surrender of Vercingetorix completed by the Roman conquest of Gaul.

Caesar enclosed the fortress within an 11-mile line of contravallation, but before this was completed Vercingetorix, already worried by supplies shortages, send out his cavalry with an appeal for the Gallic tribes to come to his assistance. On the approach of the relief army, Caesar built an outer ring of fortifications (circumvallation) 14 miles long. The Gauls repeatedly tried to break through this while Vercingetorix attempted to break out. Following the final defeat of the relief army, Vercingetorix, whose men men were starving, capitulated.

Now, basically it was 70,000 Romans versus 353,000 Gauls. The reason of this Roman victory was mainly/partly because of the Gaulish lack of supplies. It must, somehow, be possible to make the Gauls have enough supplies. Or maybe it could be possible for the relief army to come earlier. Maybe even have more tribes join it.

It'd be great if people would help me with these ideas and making it plausible. :D

Now, if Vercingetorix manages to win this battle, would the Gaulish tribes stay united and would it thus be possible for a nation to form? If that is possible, Gaul would have several useful supplies and food within it's borders, including Lynxes; Bears; deers; textile; brass; glass; wine; oil; etc. Although that would largely depend on the border ranges.

Now, after a victory by Vercingetorix, and thus maybe an unification of Gaul, what would be the capital of such an empire? Maybe the capital of the Arverni, Nemessos? :confused:

Any help, ideas and theories are greatly appriciated! Thanks!! :D

-Korporal Nooij.