Frivolous WI: Video games in a victorious Nazi Germany

A bit of a weird one but I just had a question pop into my head;

What kind of video games would develop in a Nazi victory scenario? Assuming it somehow lasts to the 80s or beyond. I could see a lot of early skepticism followed by enthusiasm for perceived use in indoctrination. I could see a lot of enthusiasm for FPS games. Also probably some absolutely horrific depictions of minorities.

For some extra fun, see if you can come up with game titles and a short description (think the "worst tv shows never made" or "best videogames never made" threads.

I'm not antisemitic if that's what you are worried about, I just answered your question. A surviving Nazi Empire would very likely be deeply nasty and antisemitic even after a successful Holocaust. As long as Jewish people existed, so would Nazi antisemitism.

How nazis will be portraited in games? There are lots of games with them as the villains and that censor many of their symbols. Obviously in the german made ones they will not be the villains, but what about international ones? Will they portrait them as evil, or will be more neutral due risk to lose a big market?

How nazis will be portraited in games? There are lots of games with them as the villains and that censor many of their symbols. Obviously in the german made ones they will not be the villains, but what about international ones? Will they portrait them as evil, or will be more neutral due risk to lose a big market?
A victorius WW2 Germany implies that the villains/opponents would likely be either the Soviets (because commies) or one of the smaller Axis nations like Thailand amd Croatia (or whoever joins the fray long enough to get the WAllies to give up...)

A better question is whether international games would be set in WW2 to begin with.

A bit of a weird one but I just had a question pop into my head;

What kind of video games would develop in a Nazi victory scenario? Assuming it somehow lasts to the 80s or beyond. I could see a lot of early skepticism followed by enthusiasm for perceived use in indoctrination. I could see a lot of enthusiasm for FPS games. Also probably some absolutely horrific depictions of minorities.

For some extra fun, see if you can come up with game titles and a short description (think the "worst tv shows never made" or "best videogames never made" threads.
Part of me is tempted to go for bog-standard jokey "job simulator games galore".

More seriously, if their martial focus does not shift, perhaps something akin to "America's Army" could be developed, in order to mentally prep younger generations for military life; and computer forms of the "Kriegspiel" set in theoretical TTL warfare scenarios would be fairly common, possibly more popular than "map wargames" are OTL

Okay here we go:

Heinz Guderian's Blitzkrieg
Tactical strategy game where the player commands tank columns and attacks fixed enemy positions. Emphasis on maneuver and micromanagement. Expansion pack "Desert Fox" released, which introduced mobile enemy forces to battle in real-time. Heavily marketed the fact that 5% of profits would be donated to veteran's associations.

Kommando
Action-adventure game following a SS Kommando in the 1970s engaged in a covert mission in Indonesia. Although in virtually all ways a completely unironic chest-thumping celebration of Teutonic masculinity, it caused a minor controversy with its cover art, which depicted a scantily-clad local woman entwined in the shirtless protagonist's arms. The developers were let off the hook when grilled by a Reichstag investigatory committee on charges of promoting miscegenation, explaining that the protagonist doesn't have children with the woman, and that her sexual interest in him is "only natural" considering his "superior blood".

Last edited:
I'm not antisemitic if that's what you are worried about, I just answered your question. A surviving Nazi Empire would very likely be deeply nasty and antisemitic even after a successful Holocaust. As long as Jewish people existed, so would Nazi antisemitism.
Oh no, I'm aware. I was just making a droll joke. You're absolutely right. And honestly, if their Holocaust is successful, Jews will probably be thrown in as the evil antagonist in all sorts of things and no-one would care. Its like portraying Huns as villains now. Chilling.
Very interesting thoughts. I'm thinking that a victorious Nazi Germany would not be very economically intertwined with say the USA, and I could see them marketing to certain Asian countries just fine. After all in a lot of countries there is fetishisation of Germany even IOTL.

Part of me is tempted to go for bog-standard jokey "job simulator games galore".

More seriously, if their martial focus does not shift, perhaps something akin to "America's Army" could be developed, in order to mentally prep younger generations for military life; and computer forms of the "Kriegspiel" set in theoretical TTL warfare scenarios would be fairly common, possibly more popular than "map wargames" are OTL
oh yeah I definitely imagine that to be the case. I think that video games will stay a male-dominated space much longer and that warfare and combat will be really heavily-emphasised in all forms of popular culture. The recruitment potential would just be too enticing for the Nazi state.

Y'know what?

Erwin Bauer-Schau's Fatherland's Lookout: [Country]
A series of wargame scenarios, set in the near future, featuring realistic army compositions and equipmemt details from bith the Reich and the relevant nations, using fairly accurate maps of hundreds of locations, with more modern versions even featuring a campaign mode. The games in the series so far are one about a hypothetical "Souther Axis War" (AKA Germany vs. Italy, Spain and Croatia); one about a war between Germany and Scandinavia; one about the UK going for round three by invading Hannover; and finally one where a Japanese-German coalition throws hands with an USA-Siberian alliance. There was an installment presenting an insurgency in the Moskowien Reichkommissariat planned, but it was canceled after state inquiries.

Junge Deutschen-Division
A very realistic FPS, developed moreso as a training tool for the Nazi Youth Organisation than as a full-fledged game. The tutorial IS a schematised form of basic training, down to showing how to strip and reassemble a rifle (albeit in a somewhat simplified manner), and the actual multiplayer only features a Red vs. Blue team, with the models of the team the player is going against being replaced by a random mix of Slavic or Black caricatures.

Christina's Passion: Wetnurse
One of the few girl-oriented videogames made in Germany. The player is tasked with taking care of an increasing number of babies in a war orphanage, with some concessions to dress-ups. Poor performance might lead to a fairly upsetting cutscene of a rat-like being snatching one of the babies away...

Y'know what?

Erwin Bauer-Schau's Fatherland's Lookout: [Country]
A series of wargame scenarios, set in the near future, featuring realistic army compositions and equipmemt details from bith the Reich and the relevant nations, using fairly accurate maps of hundreds of locations, with more modern versions even featuring a campaign mode. The games in the series so far are one about a hypothetical "Souther Axis War" (AKA Germany vs. Italy, Spain and Croatia); one about a war between Germany and Scandinavia; one about the UK going for round three by invading Hannover; and finally one where a Japanese-German coalition throws hands with an USA-Siberian alliance. There was an installment presenting an insurgency in the Moskowien Reichkommissariat planned, but it was canceled after state inquiries.

Junge Deutschen-Division
A very realistic FPS, developed moreso as a training tool for the Nazi Youth Organisation than as a full-fledged game. The tutorial IS a schematised form of basic training, down to showing how to strip and reassemble a rifle (albeit in a somewhat simplified manner), and the actual multiplayer only features a Red vs. Blue team, with the models of the team the player is going against being replaced by a random mix of Slavic or Black caricatures.

Christina's Passion: Wetnurse
One of the few girl-oriented videogames made in Germany. The player is tasked with taking care of an increasing number of babies in a war orphanage, with some concessions to dress-ups. Poor performance might lead to a fairly upsetting cutscene of a rat-like being snatching one of the babies away...
Ooh very nice. Especially like that first one. Is Erwin Bauer-Schau a real-life figure? What is he? I like the element of JD-D involving weapon maintenance too. Seems like something the Nazis would shoehorn into video games like that regardless of the boredom. I like the theme of Christina's Passion too, Nazis really banging the drum of "you're a woman, you exist to nurture. Also Jews bad." Great contributions MusuMankata

Okay a couple more:

Ostfront ("Eastern Front") - Akin to OTL's Space Invaders. A huge early hit that popularised arcade gaming in the Greater German Reich. Objective is to fight ever increasing waves of Bolshevik soldiers. Whilst there is no way to "win" the game, the endgame animation changes depending on your score. An updated re-release was later made for home consoles, where any player that achieved the "Iron Cross" classification ingame unlocked a new game mode, "Panzerfaust" where you could fire slower and had to take on more durable enemies (represented as tanks) that required multiple hits to kill.

Konan der Hyperboräer ("Conan the Hyperborean") - One of the most ambitious adventure RPGs ever made. Is based on the Robert E. Howard sword-and-sorcery character, although his origin is made "Hyperborean" rather than "Cimmerian" and depicted with blonde hair. The player takes control of Conan as he goes on a variety of quests, mostly based around the killing of various creatures such as vampires, demons and undead. Various quests also involve doing battle with Ape-Men, who speak in broken German with accents imitating Africans. The game culminates with a series of boss battles where Thulsa Doom is defeated before he summons Lovecraftian monstrosities with Conan must then vanquish.

Vaterlandsvogel - Legion Condor (Fatherland's Bird - Condor Legion) - An early arcade bombing sim where the player takes control of various bomber aircraft during the Spanish civil war. A modest success, V-LC would nevertheless spawn many more entries into the Vaterlandsvogel series, the most popular of which would switch their focus to dogfights between fighter planes, such as Vaterlandsvogel - Adlertag.

Alpenjäger (Alpine Hunter) - A hunting sim. Notable for being the first arcade game to involve using a fake gun to aim at the screen. Very high in difficulty. The player must press a pedal to steady their aim which can only be held for a short time to replicate a sniper holding their breath. Also notable for including a bolt-action operation to reload ingame, as the Kar 98k formed the basis of the design.

Heimat (Homeland) - Somewhere between OTL's Civilisation and Age of Empires series. Whilst not assigned a specific national identity like in those games, in this one you take a small stone age tribe and develop them as they advance through the "Stone Age", "Bronze Age", "Heroic Age", and "Feudal Age". Notable for the tech tree involving a number of techs which align with Nazi historiography; including the "tolerance" tech, which gives a once-a-game increase in manpower but a ticking debuff to all other values; Although anachronistic to the time period, most players attempt to rush the "racial hygiene" tech, which increases the base stats of all units (including the rate of resource gathering) by 250%.

Eisdiele (Ice-cream parlor) - A children's game that is meant to simulate the management of an ice-cream parlor. At the beginning of the game, you only have two employees: yourself and "Ivan". Ivan costs nothing, but is extremely inefficient. As you make more money over time, you may recruit "Igor", who is also free but inefficient, or employ (at a rising cost for the level of competency) Lazslo, Gyorgy, Sebastian or Juan. As you near the endgame, for the most money but at the most efficient, you can hire Hans, Adolf, Wolfgang or Kristina, all of whom are more effective. One of the elements managed is your clientbase. At the beginning of the game, you have to accept all clientele, but given the limited space in the parlor, as you go on you have to hire security and provide more stringent guidelines regarding clientele ("no blacks, no slavs" etc.) in order to only allow in wealthier customers who can be sold ice-cream at a higher price.

Schonung (Mercy) - A kind of mix between the Sims and Farmville, but a Nazi version and found on social media site "Volksburg". The player takes control of a large farm estate located somewhere in the East. Most of the workers are Slavs, and they have to be proactively directed to keep productive. The game forces attentiveness and constantly coming back to your farm, as if you leave the game alone for too long you'll come back to find your crops eaten by rats and the Slavic workers acting foolish, doing actions such as getting drunk on vodka, falling asleep on a running tractor, or hitting themselves in the head with a hammer repeatedly.

Unterseeboot - Schlacht am Atlantik (Submarine - Battle for the Atlantic) - An arcade naval simulation game where you take control of a U-Boat and attempt to sink enemy convoys and naval ships. As the levels go on, your opponents become larger and more dangerous, culminating in the final boss where you take on a British aircraft carrier. Notable for being the first video game to feature a "hidden boss", as torpedoing 3 under-sea rocks in a particular order in the first level transports you to a secret arena level where you fight a Kraken.

Fafnir: der kleine Drache (Fafnir, the little dragon) - A platforming game for children featuring the cartoonish Fafnir, who can charge to headbutt enemies and has a small flame attack (think Spyro the Dragon). The plot is simple, with Fafnir the Dragon being left by his parents in their lair as they go away to pillage a neighbouring kingdom. Fafnir, left in charge of protecting their hoard, is surprised to find that he wakes up and all the gold is gone. He goes on an adventure to recover all of the treasures before his parents get home, which, it turns out, have been stolen by Jews. Gameplay largely consists of exploring levels to find hiding Jews, and then headbutting or burning them to make them drop gold itens.

Der Faustkampf von Max Schmeling (Max Schmeling's Pugilism) - A boxing game licensed to use Max Schmeling's likeness. Similar to OTL's Mike Tyson's Punchout, this game features a number of cartoonish characters that must be defeated before fighting the final boss, Max Schmeling. The only real-life characters in the game are Max Schmeling and the second-to-last fighter, Joe Louis, portrayed in an incredibly offensive caricature of an African-American. Fictional characters made for the game include "Primo", who looks suspiciously like Primo Carnera but starts crying as soon as he is punched, Vasily, a drunk who heavily telegraphs all of his punches, and Tojo, a buck-toothed Japanese boxer who is fast but does little damage. Non-caricature boxers in the midgame include Smith, a British boxer, O'Brien, an Irish-American, and Jopp, an Afrikaner from South Africa.

Trau keinem Fuchs ("Trust No Fox") is a 1991 children's educational game published by the German Bureau for Electronic Entertainment. It is a loose adaptation of the 1936 book Trust No Fox on his Green Heath and No Jew on his Oath by Elvira Bauer.

The player assumes the role of Max Dachshund, a male dog living in a city of dogs. Gameplay consists of various minigames around the city that involve educational subjects such as following instructions, simple arithmetics and the alphabet.

Throughout the game, the player also encounters foxes that have taken the disguise of a dog. They share many similarities with anti-Semitic depictions of Jewish people, and they regularly hinder they player's progress through various means, some being less obvious. The player is expected to click on them to have the dog police come take them away.

Upon completing the game, a congratulatory screen that also includes the text "You uncovered <number> foxes!" is displayed.

(imagine something like this but less Canadian and more Nazi German)

I do not have a lot to describe in detail, but in my Axis victory novel series set in the late 2000s-early 2010s, given the radically different social and technological state of the world, video games (in the Reich referred to as Elektrounterhaltung) are quite different from OTL, they are still quite primitive-looking til the present-day, with the average "good-looking" ones having graphics similar to early SNES games, but much less complex, less cartoonish, less stylish, and with more realistic artstyles.

The best-looking 3D games have graphics that are similar to the first The House of the Dead arcade game from 1996, given that entertainment mediums did not receive priority, due to the war-torn and nuked state of the world that is still in chaos and economic crisis way after WWII and WWIII, as such, 3D shooter games as they are known IOTL are primarily used for military training, rather than for entertainment, as such, military shooters with more realistic mechanics (but more primitive and basic graphics) are much more popular than OTL, which features more outlandish and stylized games for entertainment and escapism.

Given the sheer number of Germanic ("Aryan" citizens of the Reich are referred to this, given that the Reich is an amalgamation of various Germanic peoples, rather than only Germans-Deutsche) soldiers and settlers needed to quell the "Slavic-Mongol Beast" in the former territories of Russia, the Reich prioritizes Germanic children first and foremost engaging in physical exercises rather than staying at home playing Elektrounterhaltung all day, media programs for children are primarily educational and ideological rather than for pure entertainment, this coupled with the entertainment medium not receiving a lot of technological attention, results in video games not being that much popular among the population in the Reich, and still looking quite primitive when compared to OTL.

Furthermore, in my TL, the internet also does not exists, with only political. diplomatic, military, and intelligence-specific private intranets in existence, which greatly limits the video game development, "gamer" subculture, as well as international cooperation among game dev studios and technology/media companies, so online multiplayer games are also non-existent, and all that I have written only applies to the Reich, stuff like video games, anime, and manga also look very different in a victorious 21st-century Empire of Japan when compared to OTL.

Last edited:
One pet peeve I have when it comes to topics such as these -- speculation on the nature of an extinct regime surviving to the modern day -- is that people tend to assume the culture remains largely static as it was just prior to the regime's collapse, and all that changes is that the technology gets better. This is especially true for Nazi Germany, where it's often assumed that they'll remain at the cartoonish levels of evil they sunk to in their final years. In my mind, any victorious Nazi Germany that survives to the point video games enter the scene will by necessity have mellowed out quite a bit. Yes, you'd see a decade or two of unprecedented genocide and oppression, but eventually the old guard is replaced by the new, priorities change, and the wartime fervor gives way to the mundane desires of daily life. Germans will want entertaining media -- and not just stuffy propaganda material. And while certain topics were obviously out of the question, the Nazis weren't terribly restrictive when it came to what movies and the like the average German enjoyed. Goebbels for one understood quite well the importance of a contented populace, and how not overly stifling the media scene contributed towards that.

So in all likelihood the average German gamer in alt 2024 is not going to only be playing cheesy overly-patriotic WW2 shooters, nor some variety of "stomp the Jew" as one user suggested above. Expect the gaming scene to be rather varied, much as it is OTL, with fantasy RPGs, work simulators, sports games, etc. all having a large player base.

My line of thinking has always been that a modern Nazi Germany would most closely resemble the OTL Peoples Republic of China, only with an even darker past. There would be plenty of censorship along with an authoritarian central government and lip-service to the founding ideology, but ultimately daily life wouldn't be *that* different compared to the more democratic West.

I do not have a lot to describe in detail, but in my Axis victory novel series set in the late 2000s-early 2010s, given the radically different social and technological state of the world, video games (in the Reich referred to as Elektrounterhaltung) are quite different from OTL, they are still quite primitive-looking til the present-day, with the average "good-looking" ones having graphics similar to early SNES games, but much less complex, less cartoonish, less stylish, and with more realistic artstyles.

The best-looking 3D games have graphics that are similar to the first The House of the Dead arcade game from 1996, given that entertainment mediums did not receive priority, due to the war-torn and nuked state of the world that is still in chaos and economic crisis way after WWII and WWIII, as such, 3D shooter games as they are known IOTL are primarily used for military training, rather than for entertainment, as such, military shooters with more realistic mechanics (but more primitive and basic graphics) are much more popular than OTL, which features more outlandish and stylized games for entertainment and escapism.

Given the sheer number of Germanic ("Aryan" citizens of the Reich are referred to this, given that the Reich is an amalgamation of various Germanic peoples, rather than only Germans-Deutsche) soldiers and settlers needed to quell the "Slavic-Mongol Beast" in the former territories of Russia, the Reich prioritizes Germanic children first and foremost engaging in physical exercises rather than staying at home playing Elektrounterhaltung all day, media programs for children are primarily educational and ideological rather than for pure entertainment, this coupled with the entertainment medium not receiving a lot of technological attention, results in video games not being that much popular among the population in the Reich, and still looking quite primitive when compared to OTL.

Furthermore, in my TL, the internet also does not exists, with only political. diplomatic, military, and intelligence-specific private intranets in existence, which greatly limits the video game development, "gamer" subculture, as well as international cooperation among game dev studios and technology/media companies, so online multiplayer games are also non-existent, and all that I have written only applies to the Reich, stuff like video games, anime, and manga also look very different in a victorious 21st-century Empire of Japan when compared to OTL.
What does "Elektrounterhaltung" translate to? Is your Axis victory novel published online? Amazing that a post-nuked wartorn world even has a significant market for videogames. But hey, never underestimate gamers I guess. The intranets thing makes total sense in a totalitarian regime like the Reich.
One pet peeve I have when it comes to topics such as these -- speculation on the nature of an extinct regime surviving to the modern day -- is that people tend to assume the culture remains largely static as it was just prior to the regime's collapse, and all that changes is that the technology gets better. This is especially true for Nazi Germany, where it's often assumed that they'll remain at the cartoonish levels of evil they sunk to in their final years. In my mind, any victorious Nazi Germany that survives to the point video games enter the scene will by necessity have mellowed out quite a bit. Yes, you'd see a decade or two of unprecedented genocide and oppression, but eventually the old guard is replaced by the new, priorities change, and the wartime fervor gives way to the mundane desires of daily life. Germans will want entertaining media -- and not just stuffy propaganda material. And while certain topics were obviously out of the question, the Nazis weren't terribly restrictive when it came to what movies and the like the average German enjoyed. Goebbels for one understood quite well the importance of a contented populace, and how not overly stifling the media scene contributed towards that.

So in all likelihood the average German gamer in alt 2024 is not going to only be playing cheesy overly-patriotic WW2 shooters, nor some variety of "stomp the Jew" as one user suggested above. Expect the gaming scene to be rather varied, much as it is OTL, with fantasy RPGs, work simulators, sports games, etc. all having a large player base.

My line of thinking has always been that a modern Nazi Germany would most closely resemble the OTL Peoples Republic of China, only with an even darker past. There would be plenty of censorship along with an authoritarian central government and lip-service to the founding ideology, but ultimately daily life wouldn't be *that* different compared to the more democratic West.
I don't know if I 100% agree with you on this one to be honest, NAF. I get that people can assume that the culture remains static, which it wouldn't in a Nazi victory scenario, but even a more "humane" post-victory Nazism in say the 1960s or 1970s (or even later) is still going to had a certain degree of cultural percolation from the crimes of the past and the hateful propaganda encouraged by the government. Cultural memory takes a long time to die, and whilst for instance you might not expect Germans to have their eyes roll back in their skulls and start foaming at the mouth when they hear the word "Jew", doesn't mean that casualised cruelty towards animated depictions of Jews, Slavs and other "untermenschen" won't exist in pop culture. Furthermore, whilst there is a lot of stuffy propaganda, Goebbels, as you point out, encouraged the media rather than suppressing it. Unlike Stalinist Russia, I could definitely see Nazi themes getting subsumed willingly into entertainment. People love war movies IOTL, I imagine they'll like that kind of content even more in a state which went from humiliated and broken to masters of Europe in a generation from warfare. Even if Germans a generation or two later are "fat and happy", they'll still enjoy watching jingoistic things that they can point to their kids and go "your grosspapa did that". Of course the gaming scene will be varied. That's why in my prior post, I put up there things like naval sims, shop management sims, a fantasy action-adventure and a sports game. The Nazi-PRC comparison is an... interesting one. But I think taken broadly I wouldn't disagree regarding lifestyle. For all their talk of National Socialism, Nazi Germany was really a bourgeois institution and I can see it having a large middle class which has a lot of time for entertainment in their day-to-day lives.

One pet peeve I have when it comes to topics such as these -- speculation on the nature of an extinct regime surviving to the modern day -- is that people tend to assume the culture remains largely static
I think the exact same thing, like obviously if the Reich survives, its never going to become an open liberal democracy like the modern west, but it also won't remain the same as it was in World War Two. I'd reckon the state would still have far more influence in video games than in our current western liberal democracies, however, a lot of people tend to overlook the massive power of companies in Nazi Germany, which was by all means, still a highly capitalistic state. (But I won't continue for fear of getting a little too political)

Yes, you'd see a decade or two of unprecedented genocide and oppression, but eventually the old guard is replaced by the new, priorities change, and the wartime fervor gives way to the mundane desires of daily life. Germans will want entertaining media -- and not just stuffy propaganda material. And while certain topics were obviously out of the question, the Nazis weren't terribly restrictive when it came to what movies and the like the average German enjoyed.
I don't fully agree, I think there would be a large changing of the guard at some point, where the old aggressive nazi regime are replaced by a more soft spoken regime, I also think this is when any attempts at autarky are scrapped and detente is looked for with, I'd assume an anti-communist west, however, I don't think the horrific genocide would ever end fully, there'd be no holocaust level genocide, but I imagine there would never be any real end to it, maybe just a rebranding and a more hushed approach. But there's no specific POD here so I can't really say much here. Because of this, I'd say western video games would likely exist in nazi germany under high censorship (jewish characters removed, jewish symbols removed, etc). I think the nazi regime would hop onto the video game train for propaganda, but I do think it would mostly be private corporations making video games, encouraged and funded by the government, rather than the government making their own games.

I can totally agree that it'd be a lot like the PRC but I don't think life would be that similar to the liberal democracies of the west. Even after reforms and mellowing of the original ideology, they're still the third reich. Everyday life would still be highly monitored by the secret police, the government would still be extremely overreaching and paranoid, and for certain groups of people there would be no possibility of living a normal life, if they were allowed to live at all, and video games would likely reflect that. Indie developers would likely not be very popular and subject to massive persecution with large, shadily funded corporations producing most of the video games. Also, I think domestic games would still be extremely patriotic and propagandistic, nowhere near modern day real games. Military games would likely be the most popular, and games about fighting communism would probably be promoted, same with any game focusing on some kind of shady internal enemy, a subject of significant propaganda for, all fascists really.

Overall, I'd say video games in a surviving third reich would be nowhere near as state controlled as has been suggested by some other users, and I do believe, even if highly censored, foreign games would likely be popular. However, I think games would mostly be produced by patriotic, government backed (but not controlled) corporations, and these games would feature themes of racism, anti-communism, right wing populism, etc.

What does "Elektrounterhaltung" translate to?
Roughly "Electronic Entertainment", and literally "Electro-Entertainment", I am also considering of using Elektrospaß (Electronic Fun/Electro-Fun), but this latter one sounds too goofy.
Is your Axis victory novel published online?
I am sorry to disappoint people whenever I mention my passion projects that do not exist yet, but as of now, no - I plan to publish it on physical paper like the average novel/comic series in a distant future years from now, it is part graphic novel-part novel, my projects just take that long to be finished given how extremely detailed, complex, and prone to changing they are, I might share details of the worldbuilding and ask for critiques, but the plot points and names of influential/political figures will remain confidential for the moment being.

Still, you have no idea how glad I am that people show interest in my works!
Amazing that a post-nuked wartorn world even has a significant market for videogames. But hey, never underestimate gamers I guess.
Technically speaking, it does not, there is nothing close to a "significant" market for video games in this world at all, like how I said, games are very primitive-looking and very basic, niche things that do not get mainstream attention.

Also, nuclear weapons were used in WW3 mainly against the United States, but the entire world is not some Fallout-tier nuclear wasteland, think of Harry Turltledove's In the Presence of Mine Enemies.
The intranets thing makes total sense in a totalitarian regime like the Reich.
Pretty much, intranet equivalents are also used by countries in other post-Axis coutnries (the Axis pact no longer exists, so "Post-Axis States" is how I call them for now), they only have private intranets with different names and functions that I have still not come up with in detail.

Something that I like exploring and learning, is that the post-WWII orthographic reforms in both Axis and Allied countries did not occur, so I will have to meticulously research if certain German/Italian/Japanese words are period-accurate or not, due to the lack of English vocabulary, no internet/social media, much less international co-operation, and "linguistic nationalism" against words of foreign origin.

Like how Fascist Italy sought to "Italianize" words of foreign origin, unlike the OTL present-day Italy that uses many English words in their day-to-day speech, people in Italy commonly say the word "weekend" in English, instead of "settimana" in Italian for example, something that is non-existent in this TL.

Last edited:
Roughly "Electronic Entertainment", and literally "Electro-Entertainment", I am also considering of using Elektrospaß (Electronic Fun/Electro-Fun), but this latter one sounds too goofy.

I am sorry to disappoint people whenever I mention my passion projects that do not exist yet, but as of now, no - I plan to publish it on physical paper like the average novel/comic series in a distant future years from now, it is part graphic novel-part novel, my projects just take that long to be finished given how extremely detailed, complex, and prone to changing they are, I might share details of the worldbuilding and ask for critiques, but the plot points and names of influential/political figures will remain confidential for the moment being.

Still, you have no idea how glad I am that people show interest in my works!

Technically speaking, it does not, there is nothing close to a "significant" market for video games in this world at all, like how I said, games are very primitive-looking and very basic, niche things that do not get mainstream attention.

Also, nuclear weapons were used in WW3 mainly against the United States, but the entire world is not some Fallout-tier nuclear wasteland, think of Harry Turltledove's In the Presence of Mine Enemies.

Pretty much, intranet equivalents are also used by countries in other post-Axis coutnries (the Axis pact no longer exists, so "Post-Axis States" is how I call them for now), they only have private intranets with different names and functions that I have still not come up with in detail.

Something that I like exploring and learning, is that the post-WWII orthographic reforms in both Axis and Allied countries did not occur, so I will have to meticulously research if certain German/Italian/Japanese words are period-accurate or not, due to the lack of English vocabulary, no internet/social media, much less international co-operation, and "linguistic nationalism" against words of foreign origin.

Like how Fascist Italy sought to "Italianize" words of foreign origin, unlike the OTL present-day Italy that uses many English words in their day-to-day speech, people in Italy commonly say the word "weekend" in English, instead of "settimana" in Italian for example, something that is non-existent in this TL.
Totally understand not wanting to spoil a long-term project. Just don't forget to promote it on this site when it is published!
Orthographic reforms can be super-fascinating and I definitely understand the difficulties of having to come up with plausible alternatives. For my Cold War TL, there were a lot of Chinese names that can only be found in pinyin now even though I wanted to use Wade-Giles, so that involved a lot of guesswork. And my old Gothic timeline meant I had to come up with a lot of plausible words from a language that is largely limited IOTL's knowledge to segments of a Bible. And I'm not a linguist. Would be interesting to see Italy push a linguistic purism policy similar to OTL's French. I imagine it would make Italian sound quite a bit better (although maybe thats just because I'm an English speaker. You sure people are talking about the "weekend"? Maybe you're just eavesdropping on a lot of conversations about The Weeknd (lame joke, I'm sorry, couldn't help myself)?