French Canada located in Nova Scotia/Acadia and not Quebec

If Quebec and Nova Scotia (hereafter, Acadia) were reversed in the sense that Quebec became mostly anglophone (due to the expulsion of the Quebecois) and Acadia's French were allowed to remain upon British conquest, would Acadia have become its own British dominion in 1867? (This is assuming that Acadia had a bigger French population to begin with than Quebec.) In other words, due to Acadia being on the geographic edge of Canada (minus Newfoundland) as well as its francophone nature, would Acadia have declined to join the Confederation in 1867 even as the Canadas and New Brunswick did?

So would Acadia have declined to join Canada in 1867? Or would Acadia have joined anyway, given a) the relative wealth of the Maritimes at that time and b) the need for the British American colonies to defend themselves against Fenian raids and, even more importantly, attempts by the American North to invade British North America?

I'm no expert on the Acadians, but I think that had New Brunswick had a majority French population it would have resisted Confederation (or the equivalent TTL) due to not wanting to be dominated by Anglophones when they have no compelling geographic or political reason to do so.

Nova Scotia would, I think, end up divided between the more rural Acadians and the more urban/coastal British settlers so they would be up in the air.