Free city of Jerusalem- offer your symbols

Maybe this one won't win any awards, but I think it's realistic. Nothing but a stylized representation of the Old City and its four quarters. I made one version in UN blue and another in Swiss red; either would do for a neutral city.

jerusalem.png

I created this one a few years ago.

Flag of the Triple Theocracy of Jerusalem.
The seal of Jerusalem that was considered for the 1933 British Mandate flag, surrounded by the symbols of the 3 main religions, Islam, Judaism & Eastern Orthodox Christian. With "Peace" in Arabic & Hebrew. All on a white flag.

Tri-theocracy of Jerusalem.JPG

Maybe this one won't win any awards, but I think it's realistic. Nothing but a stylized representation of the Old City and its four quarters. I made one version in UN blue and another in Swiss red; either would do for a neutral city.
The city is being taken over by Domino's? :)

Damnit, now I'm hungry and want pizza.

I created this one a few years ago.

This may sound pedantic, but I feel its a realistic complaint.
The Christian symbol is at the top. Some Jews and Muslims would be unhappy with that. One could, however, rotate the symbols depending on the area in which the flag is flown, I suppose.

This may sound pedantic, but I feel its a realistic complaint.
The Christian symbol is at the top. Some Jews and Muslims would be unhappy with that. One could, however, rotate the symbols depending on the area in which the flag is flown, I suppose.

I originally posted it in The Flag Thread and that came up there also. With the same solution. :D Multiple versions of the flag, all official.

According to FOTW Flag Proposals 1933 (British Mandate of Palestine) http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/mpe!1933.html

There was a proposal for this flag for the Mandate that was never made official-

Mandate of Palestine (City Jerusalem) Civil Ensign Proposal 1933.gif

Perhaps if the 1947 Partition of the UN was accepted a version of this flag or at least the seal (that is an interesting design) could be used for the International City of Jerusalem.

Mandate of Palestine (City Jerusalem) Civil Ensign Proposal 1933.gif

Last edited:
According to FOTW Flag Proposals 1933 (British Mandate of Palestine) http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/mpe!1933.html

There was a proposal for this flag for the Mandate that was never made official-

View attachment 211223

Perhaps if the 1947 Partition of the UN was accepted a version of this flag could be used for the International City of Jerusalem.

If it was an international city I think sybols of former british rule would be removeed ...

And the partition was accepted ... by israel.

Your flag is very beautiful and simple. If I was a inhabitant of Jerusalem I would vote for it, for sure. Could the Palestinians be somehow offended with the the UN Blue version? The color ressembles the Israeli flag.

This is perfect. The best proposal I've ever seen.

This is perfect. The best proposal I've ever seen.

I actually agree. From a totally outside perspective I like the U. N. blue option, but I think that Braganza raises an interesting point by suggesting that a blue field might alienate Palestinians.

I don't know if red is the best alternative because there are Communist as well as Swiss connotations. However, when you get down to it it's more or less impossible to come up with a color by which no one will be offended so both the red and the blue versions are good.