For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

You think we'll be able to see what happened to Jamestown in next episodes?

I am curious to see how the base has been expanded: so far we only know they have a far testing ground...

MaxGerke01

Banned
I say it's a GOOD sign when a tv series is renewed before the current season has just started. Like when they scheduled Season 2 even before Season 1 started!
Very good.So now there is no good reason we dont see the 2010s and 2020s covered. RDM has experience with 7 season shows between Star Trek and Outlander,

I am curious to see how the base has been expanded: so far we only know they have a far testing ground...
Remember the moon was divided between the USA and Soviet Union so in addition to a Jamestown expansion there could be more up there now on the American side as well as more on the Soviet side than their original base. Id think Helios at least has some plans for up there possibly including civilian living.

Very good.So now there is no good reason we dont see the 2010s and 2020s covered. RDM has experience with 7 season shows between Star Trek and Outlander,
I remind he had the plots for several seasons already ready, some time ago;

Remember the moon was divided between the USA and Soviet Union so in addition to a Jamestown expansion there could be more up there now on the American side as well as more on the Soviet side than their original base. Id think Helios at least has some plans for up there possibly including civilian living.
Indeed, I would love to see a real Moon Town Colony with a permanent population, but I do not know if that's feasible

MaxGerke01

Banned
I remind he had the plots for several seasons already ready, some time ago;
I wouldnt be surprised as it looks like thats what he is doing on Outlander.He doesnt seem like the types who were on Lost who it turned out had no real end game planned and were making it up as they went. He may have been doing that on BSG but at least he had the good sense to cut it short.
Indeed, I would love to see a real Moon Town Colony with a permanent population, but I do not know if that's feasible
Perhaps eventually.If there are new technologies available it could at least be getting off the ground by the 2020s . FAM could eventually get to Expanse type expansion in the Solar system and with less environmental and social problems on Earth which means no conflict between Earth and anything on Mars and the asteroids and outer planets.Then the aliens come....

Tought, I was amused by North Korea attempting to join the Space Race turning them into the world's laughingstock.

Also, Donald Trump meeting Gorbachev?

MaxGerke01

Banned
Tought, I was amused by North Korea attempting to join the Space Race turning them into the world's laughingstock.

Also, Donald Trump meeting Gorbachev?
Well they still managed to damage an American asset even if it was unintentional. As for Trump he has had long standing dealings in the Soviet Union and Russia OTL and since they took the time to show that theres a good chance we will see more down the line. Maybe Margo wont be the only Soviet asset ittl.

Last edited:
Why is the Soviet Union still around?
The Space Race focus and the Soviet non-intervention in Afganistan, alongside Gorbachev's thunderous economic and social reforms, allow the URSS to fix its economy and social issues, projecting the Soviet Union past its historical end.

So...I guess the Soviets will be still around in 2022?

Well they still managed to damage an American asset even if it was unintentional. As for Trump he has had long standing dealings in the Soviet Union and Russia OTL and since they took the time to show that theres a good chance we will see more down the line. Maybe Margo wont be the only Soviet asset ittl.
I do believe she's not. My fear is...what will happen with Aleida if she finds out?

The Space Race focus and the Soviet non-intervention in Afganistan, alongside Gorbachev's thunderous economic and social reforms, allow the URSS to fix its economy and social issues, projecting the Soviet Union past its historical end.

Also, successful assassination of St. John Paul II, as mentioned at the beginning of season 2. Presumably, that took a lot of wind out of Solidarity's sails and stalled the decay of the Warsaw Pact.

MaxGerke01

Banned

Its a possibility and likely with even additional reforms from what it has in 1992. The bottom line is that with the reforms this is a different and better Soviet Union than OTL.The same can be said about the USA of course and likely much of the rest of the world.Now it would be an even better world with the Communist systems gone but the world is on a path where there wont be a need seen for them eventually.
I do believe she's not. My fear is...what will happen with Aleida if she finds out?
I have the same fear but because of all that Margo has done for her and also because of what happened with her own father I hope Aleida wont turn on Margo if and when she is discovered. Also hopefully some of here friends and colleagues at NASA wont either-including even Molly.

MaxGerke01

Banned
I would like to see more of the world in this... world.
Same here but not very surprising it has a US focus with only glimpses of the rest of the world.I would think that overall its better with possible exceptions of the Middle East ,the US Mexican Border and the UK.Whats going on on the US Mexican border is probably mostly saber rattling along with a border so well secured that migratory birds have trouble getting over. Also with the US having a freer hand in the Middle East and therefore being able to take a more evenhanded approach to its involvement in the peace process there perhaps its doing the same in the UK? Overall its a world Id much rather have lived in at least until this point. But as in OTL how well things progress or not depends on who is at the top and we are at a turning point with that right now ittl just as we were OTL in 1992 and 2000 and 2016. Fingers crossed it goes well.

I think this likely is in the next episode since we are likely going to have some time jumps this season as it starts in 1992 but they land in 95 but it looks like stuff will be happening on Mars so on Mars by episode 3 or 5 at the latest. Anyway, I made an image of Jamestown pulled from the last trailer they put up.

FAM S3 Jamestown2.png

Last edited:

MaxGerke01

Banned
I think this likely is in the next episode since we are likely going to have some time jumps this season as it starts in 1992 but they land in 95 but it looks like stuff will be happening on Mars so on Mars by episode 3 or 5 at the latest. Anyway, I made an image of Jamestown pulled from the last trailer they put.

View attachment 749635
So big so still not real big. As for Mars I wouldnt expect to see them there until episode 9 or 10 and probably nothing like Jamestown there until next season.

I liked the Polaris Hotel, and I hope that it is able to recover, but given that it's owner and founder is dead, I'm not expecting it to be repaired to it's former glory.
Based on the trailer and RDM's comment on availability for sets in the budget,
I think Polaris is converted into one of the vessels that will head to Mars.