Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah half of the flower seems dead. Especially if Hong Kong is deteriorating. Your flag telling you that "your city is dying" is pretty horrible.

Thoughts on a flag for Atlantis

I’ve missed that contest, but if there was really an Atlantis, how would itlook like?

I was fairly convinced that Plato misread Egyptian numerals, and mistook the demise of Minos 900 years ago for the sinking of Atlantis, around 9000 years ago, when Europe was Paleolithic.

Let’s say there was really a continent beyond Gibraltar that was navigable to ancients, but was lost 900 years

They were first inhabited by the same people who produced Paleolithic cave paintings, only that their popular theme were see creatures. So it might continue to be part of their culture.

The native population would have been conquered by the Phoenicians, who had a sea-faring tradition. The Phoenician organized themselves in forms of city-states, so would their Atlantician colonies be.

The Phoenicians had biremes with square sails and shields are hung on the side of the ships, so it’s likely that in the new Atlantis civilization, they would develop a new heraldic system in which clans and cities identified themselves with icons of their shields and patterns on their sails.

So, when Atlantis was finally unified, their flag would probably be marine-themed oval shapes, topped by a mock red-striped sail.

Last edited:

VT45

Banned
The flag of the Federated Captaincies of Mexico from my TL A Loyal City on the Hill
rZ02oYq.png

Pirate USA.png

A United States of America, founded by pirates, buccaneers, and other sea based highway men. Her founders include Edward Teach, Edward Low, and Jonathan Edwards.
(Yes, that Johnathan Edwards).

Status
Not open for further replies.