Status
Not open for further replies.
So Toixstory is making another maps based on th world of Excelsior, and I've been commissioned to make flags for it. Here we have the flag of Alabama (Alabama and Missisippi minus their coastal regions). It's the only majority black state of the United States and as such is a Switzerland style direct democracy with emphasis on everyone being represented. It's very religious, but religion doesn't really factor into politics. There's also strong feelings of Pan-Africanism throughout the state.

image.jpg

Nick Griffalco said:
So Toixstory is making another maps based on th world of Excelsior, and I've been commissioned to make flags for it. Here we have the flag of Alabama (Alabama and Missisippi minus their coastal regions). It's the only majority black state of the United States and as such is a Switzerland style direct democracy with emphasis on everyone being represented. It's very religious, but religion doesn't really factor into politics. There's also strong feelings of Pan-Africanism throughout the state.
That flag looks like a crossover between Afghanistan and the Corsican flag if you ask me.

Crossposting from the most recent flag challenge:
Sacred Roman Republic
"The Sacred Roman Republic (SRR) started off as one of the many breakaway military "empires" that emerged in the wake of the Severian sack of Rome. Spared the horrors that plagued the rest of the former Roman Empire, the so-called "Empire of Britannia" was a literal island of peace in the war-torn remnants of the once mighty Roman Empire.

This peace did not last long, however, as a succession crisis plunged Britannia into civil war. After three years of strife, it was not an emperor who would eventually come to restore order, but an alliance of landowners and priests of the Cult of Sol Invictus. The fear of the instability and bloodshed caused by such conflicts made the people fearful of a return to monarchical rule, and it was thus decided that it would be preferable to instead return to the system of government of their ancient ancestors, that of the Roman Republic.

Gathering together in the first meeting of the Senate of the Sacred Roman Republic, the landowners and priests present did their best to draft a set of laws that sought to emulate the Roman Republic they held in such high esteem. The result would have been considered less than ideal by the Romans of the actual Roman Republic, but it was considered more than adequate by those gathered there.

For two centuries the SRR prospered and expanded, spreading the cult of Sol Invictus to the northern frontiers of their realm and beyond. While the mainland was still largely dominated by the pagan faiths and customs of the Slavic, Baltic and Germanic tribes that had shattered the Roman Empire, the light of the sun and the ideals of the republic were spread throughout the British Isles.

All good things must come to an end, however, and the Republic of Britannia was no exception. Land and wealth being concentrated in the hands of the most powerful landowners and large-scale corruption in the ranks of the Cult of Sol Invictus had deteriorated the SRR from within. While the Senate still formally held power, the great landowners generally did as they wanted, with little regard for the decisions of the Senate. The clergy, meanwhile, seemed more interested in lining their own pockets than venerating Sol Invictus.

The Sacred Roman Republic was no longer sacred, Roman or a republic in anything but name."

3O0dOtf.png

'Das pretty.

That flag is one of the best I've ever seen. Great job! :)
Thanks!

I need help on Flag, please help me

This Flag is imposed with this Coat of Arms but please change Words on scroll to BƏRBEDA-BEDA TAPI TƏTAP SATU

Thank You
I don't have the font used for the words on the scroll, but I did my best with a similar one. Let me know if there's anything you're not satisfied with.
mJPxQI7.png

On the corsican flag that symbol is a beheaded Moor, it is just astonishing how most people don't know, or don't care.

Thanks! :D Do you really think I'm good enough to get a graphic design job?

I mean I don't know how good you are with non-Inkscape software, but let's say you weren't, even in that case, you'd still make a really good image designed/drawer (as opposed to an editor). Were you thinking about it?

Oh bother, I forgot all about the All-India Union emblem. Again. I'll have a go at it later this week, I promise! :eek:

It's not a problem and sure, I hope I can advance a lot on the map this week since I have vacations.

Hapsburg

Banned
The official standard of the Director of Field Operations for the Ministry of State Security and Commander of the Security Forces. The Field Operations Department is the primary agency responsible for gathering foreign intelligence, information analysis, and conducting covert paramilitary operations. It is also responsible for enforcing political discipline in the military through its force of Political Commissars. Its most important role, however, is the suppression of terrorism and rebellion; to accomplish this, it maintains an enormous "second army" of "political soldiers", the Security Forces of the Republic.
Since 3270, the DFO has been former field intelligence officer and Army veteran William McGrady, who has his own personal standard as well as the standard of his office.
The flag depicts two silver eagles bearing the earth in its talons, the batons of his rank in the centre, and the letter SSFO for "State Security Field Operations".

State Sec Field Director personal standard.png

does anyone have any good heraldic leopard resources? i've been wanting to revise my updated Britannian flag and am dissatisfied with using a jaguar in substitute

though i have a different idea as well: instead of just the leopard and red dragon like i had before, it occurred to me that another possible setup would be to exclude the coat of arms in the center entirely and replace it with four heraldic animals meant to symbolize the four main nations of the Britannian Homeland ITTL: Anglia (England), Cambria (Wales), Hibernia (Ireland), and Caledonia (Scotland), arranged roughly according to their geographic features. for animals, i've figured that the leopard represents Anglia, the dragon represents Cambria, and a salmon represents Hibernia (based on the Book of Invasions--it's supposed to be the Salmon of Knowledge, basically), but i'm at a loss for the Caledonian representative. maybe a unicorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.