Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mix of the CSA flag and the Cross of Burgundy:

BurgundyCSA.png

Here are one of my favorite designed flags:
Alaska

Nice, but a bit incongruous as the stag is the same as on the OTL Ålands coat of arms. So, Ålandic Alaska - or perhaps Alaska under House Baratheon?;)

Again a pretty flag. The swan could be a simpler design, though - I can't see the reason for replicating the blue cross on its wing, for example. The forked cross is also very reminescent of the Russian naval flag. Perhaps this could work best as a flag for a latter-day Finland that is an autonomous part of a federal Russian state, and most well known as a maritime nation.

Nice, but a bit incongruous as the stag is the same as on the OTL Ålands coat of arms. So, Ålandic Alaska - or perhaps Alaska under House Baratheon?;)

Again a pretty flag. The swan could be a simpler design, though - I can't see the reason for replicating the blue cross on its wing, for example. The forked cross is also very reminescent of the Russian naval flag. Perhaps this could work best as a flag for a latter-day Finland that is an autonomous part of a federal Russian state, and most well known as a maritime nation.

This guy didn't even make any of those flags, they're all from earlier flag threads.

This guy didn't even make any of those flags, they're all from earlier flag threads.

I think they're his flags he put on earlier flag threads. I recognize them and their style.

I like the Dominican one the best, though I'd have to say that my own selection of TigerLion's best flags would be much different. Do you have a collection somewhere?

The flag of the Federation of East Africa, a British dominion uniting the colonies of Buganda, Kenia, Mombassa, Tanganyika, Zanzibar and Hutuland in 1975 from my TL.

Flag of the Union of East Africa.png

The flag of the Federation of East Africa, a British dominion uniting the colonies of Buganda, Kenia, Mombassa, Tanganyika, Zanzibar and Hutuland in 1975 from my TL.

Nice design. The blue of your Union Jack seems to be slightly wider than the crosses on it.

I think a moose would have been more iconic for Alaska than a caribou.

It is actually supposed to be a red deer. There's no red deer in Åland, but there used to be between the 15th and 17th centuries.

Apart from this, the red deer in the provincial CoA is in fact due to a 16th century mistake - one red deer on a blue field was supposed to be the CoA for the Swedish island of Öland, and Åland was supposed to get get a CoA with two roe deer (the original species of Bambi). The mistake was only noticed in the 1940s, after which Öland changed its CoA but the Ålanders held on to their one. And thus today both islands share a pretty similar coat of arms.

Åland:

120px-Coat_of_arms_of_%C3%85land.svg.png

Öland:

100px-%C3%96land_vapen.svg.png

That's mind-blowing.

Thanks! I didn't make the caligram myself though. I picked it from some heraldic thing posted on the respective thread.

Reminds me one I posted some time ago. What are the meanings of the green and blue bars?
Green symbolises religion, belief. Not only Islam but also Christianity, Judaism etc. Blue represents tolerance and the future, as well as the sea the country borders.

The colors on theTransgender Flag seemed a little too soft for me to have it raised and waved in a parade or something like that, so I decided to turn the baby-teal into Prussian blue and the pink into blood-red., and now it just kinda looks like a Thai or Cocta-Rican flag.

transflag.png

Status
Not open for further replies.