Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portugal left 1850's, Monarchy toppled 1910's, currently 1925.

The flags made earlier were really cool but I'm just not quite sure they're what I'm looking for. I would really appreciate anybody else who wants to take a shot at it.

How about this?

I4wcv.png

Tsao

Banned
The "Hearts in Harmony" flag is pretty much the only Eastern-looking symbol for Taiwan, but too modern... The tiger flag adopted in 1895 is ugly, plain and simple.

So do you have any suggestions to make it more Asian? If so, I will implement them!

EDIT: Wait, I had a second idea. Here it is!

Of course it still is Duan's decision which is chosen. But at least I have to cards in my sleeve ;)

I like this one. Maybe go with The Professor's idea and put another star in the middle?

Flag Challenges (All from the same TL): The Mutualist Republic of China ( Based in Tianjin, c. 1912), The Mongolian Free State (Imperial Russian puppet that controls Urga and little elsewhere, c. 1912), The Republic of Hainan (French Protectorate, c. 1912) The Free City of Guangzhou (British protectorate, c. 1912), and The Republic of Taiwan (American Protectorate, c. 1912)

To finish off your request, Guangzhou Protectorate.

Marshal%20DuanRequest01%20%5BGuangzhou%20Protectorate%5D.png

EDIT: Just realised that this looks a bit Australian...hope you don't mind.

[GENERAL: Profile // Website]
[FLAG PROPOSALS: New Zealand // Australia // United States // Miscellaneous]
[WEEKLY FLAG CHALLENGE: New Challenges & Previous Winners // Discussion & Entries]

Attachments

• Marshal DuanRequest01 [Guangzhou Protectorate].svg
    35.8 KB · Views: 885
Last edited:
Another Challenge: WI Australia had a national flag that was a combination of all six state flags?

The colours in the middle represent Australia's European heritage, the black is from both one of the state flags and the Aboriginal flag, the dark blue is found on both the national flag as well as most of the state flags, and the yellow dots symbolise the Australian states (Aboriginal art uses a lot of dots, and most of the state flags have a circle within which a symbol is shown).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thande

Donor
Vague idea I had. The Nazis used the swastika as a symbol as it was a sort of generically mystical thing found in all sorts of religions. The same is also true of the Eye of Providence, so here's a Nazi-a-like flag based on a simplified version of that.

Providence.png

Glen

From the Dominion of Southern America timeline (see sig for links):

The Flag of 1876 or the Centennial Flag contained 35 stars representing all the states to join the Union including those that joined in 1876. Ironically, this flag did not fly during the June 3rd celebrations as the last two states, MacKenzie and Grey Island, did not join the union early enough to allow for the mass production of the 35 star American flag.

The Centennial Flag:
attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.