Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome, Crayhistory.

Yes, there is something bothering me at the moment, which is the reason for the reduced enthusiasm. Thank you very much for your concern and friendliness, however I don't think that talking about it is the best option right now. Instead, I am focusing on seeking out any sort of permanent solution to the problem. So I'm sorry that this thread can't see the normal version of Transparent Blue with his blue font, massive signature and "happy birthday"s. I promise you though, you'll see him again when I'm happier, which is...going to be quite a while, it seems.

In any case, to the requests:

1. cabbit: Chukotka
2. cabbit: Magadan
3. cabbit: Kamchatka
4. mmmeee0: Communist India (based on current Indian Communist political party symbols)

Nickcvader, which hand would you like the Eagle to hold the Iron Cross in? Please say "the sceptre hand", "the ball hand" or "both", rather than "left" or "right", as the latter two get confusing. "My left, or the eagle's left!?"

Attachments

• Multiple requests (S.V.G.).zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 456

Thande

Donor
Well, I hope you feel better soon, TB, we all appreciate your flags.

Let me know when you're ready to take more requests, I'd be interested in your ideas for some concepts I'm cooking up for my timeline.

Transperent Blue, may i request two flags? One is of a European Federation created after a Nazi Party is established and rules throughout all of Western Europe, though after the Germans loss in WWII. The second is one for a United States of Latin Ameria, consisting of Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Suriname, French Guina, and Northern Peru.

I have a request.

I need a flag for a native (that is it survived colonialism independent) nation encompassing most of OTL Nigeria.

The nation's a Secular, multiethnic, multireligious Republic that has some Northern European influences (do to having had close relations with the ATL Nordic Kingdom).

Sorry about changing it like that. :p

Danke, thugh I think I might change the colours a bit.

I'm curious what anyone else might come up with to, I can always use different designs for different eras or subdivisions.

The latest result of my infinite boredom. Here is its Wikimedia Commons "Featured Pictures" candidate page.

It's beautiful! Except you seem to have forgotten to color in Libya - it's just a solid green! ;) I'd log onto WMCommons and "vote" for it right now, were it not for the fact that my username there has maybe a dozen edits, has never "voted" on anything, and would quickly draw (quite justified) accusations of canvassing and meatpuppetry! But the map has certainly brightened my after-noon.

My computer can never open .svg images to see them up close. Is there a .png version - or alternatively, can anyone tell me how I can cause my computer to open .svg's?

It's beautiful! Except you seem to have forgotten to color in Libya - it's just a solid green! ;) I'd log onto WMCommons and "vote" for it right now, were it not for the fact that my username there has maybe a dozen edits, has never "voted" on anything, and would quickly draw (quite justified) accusations of canvassing and meatpuppetry! But the map has certainly brightened my after-noon.

My computer can never open .svg images to see them up close. Is there a .png version - or alternatively, can anyone tell me how I can cause my computer to open .svg's?

Thank you very much. Here is the largest P.N.G. version that Wikimedia Commons will provide.

Sachyriel

Banned
You're welcome, Crayhistory.

Yes, there is something bothering me at the moment, which is the reason for the reduced enthusiasm. Thank you very much for your concern and friendliness, however I don't think that talking about it is the best option right now. Instead, I am focusing on seeking out any sort of permanent solution to the problem. So I'm sorry that this thread can't see the normal version of Transparent Blue with his blue font, massive signature and "happy birthday"s. I promise you though, you'll see him again when I'm happier, which is...going to be quite a while, it seems.

In any case, to the requests:

1. cabbit: Chukotka
2. cabbit: Magadan
3. cabbit: Kamchatka
4. mmmeee0: Communist India (based on current Indian Communist political party symbols)

Nickcvader, which hand would you like the Eagle to hold the Iron Cross in? Please say "the sceptre hand", "the ball hand" or "both", rather than "left" or "right", as the latter two get confusing. "My left, or the eagle's left!?"

Thanks! Hope you feel better soon!

How come the Star of David on Israel's flag is solid black, rather than being an outline and blue?

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, it has now been fixed. The reason is that many of the SVG flag files on Wikimedia Commons have been coded very strangely when editors try to make them as small in file size as possible. However, a consequence of this rule bending is that when multiple files of those flags are put into one document, their definitions "trip over" each other. Here it seems that the Star of David was made from two shapes that referred to a definition called "triangle". However, the 5 pointed stars also refer to a definition called "triangle", so they seemed to have interfered with each other.

Svalbard should have a Norwegian flag too.

It most certainly does! Does it not show up or something?

Thande

Donor
I'm quite ready now, in fact.
Okay. Give me your ideas on the following. Bear in mind I'm talking about a timeline with a POD in 1727 and no Napoleonic Wars as we would recognise them when it comes to considering symbolism.

1. A state consisting of Naples, Sicily and Aragon.

2. A state stretching across the whole of the Low Countries and a bit of the Rhineland, with its power base in the south and its capital in Brussels

3. A Qing Chinese flag showing strong Manchu influences

4. A more conventional Qing banner

5. Flag of a Chinese dynasty based in the south, based on nativist Han aspirations and considering itself the heir to the Ming dynasty.

6. Flag of a republican movement in southern coastal Brazil, drawing upon the symbol of a flaming torch as its base.

Thank you for helping me out.

Highlander

Banned
Some flags for my recent map.

United States
usacopyg.jpg

Texas
texasg.jpg

Pacifica
pacifica.jpg

Confederate States
csavr.jpg

Canada
canadacopy.jpg

hey transparent blue et al.

I asked previously for flags to be made for a TL I am working on.
But I would like to see what you come up with.

A surving welsh state formed after the defeat of Edward Longshanks by Llewellyn II. Flags from then up until modern day would be great.

Also flags for a welsh crusader state after a succesful crusade and a puppet brittany state/cornwall state also.

or would the current flags of either nations do?

Hey Guys,

Could anyone create me a flag for a Communist Czechoslovakia? One which would be created around 1926/7 that also borders the Soviet Union?

Thanks to anyone who could do that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.