Fishbed with Phantom. Alternatives for the Polish Army after Finlandization of Poland after World War II.

Highly doubtful. AFAIK after the war Poland had about 24 milions of people. Let's say 27 milions, with smaller war losses and return of the most of war refugees, Free Polish forces, migrates from USSR (if the Soviets let them go) etc. Poland however never in the 1900s had 40 milions, the closest we were to that number was around year 2000.

Agriculture yes, but I think mostly to rebuild infrastructure, develop industry and education.
Poland's population might actually be slightly smaller as time goes on--if the economy is more efficient, and wealth is higher, fecundity would be expected to decrease (East Germany, despite communism, had a birth rate equal to or greater than West Germany's until unification). So I don't think we can expect Finlandized Poland to significantly outweigh the OTL PRL in manpower.
Unless Polish economic Miracle in the 60s and 70s brings in some immigrants. I doubt it would be large numbers, if any, though, as Poland would be able to first utilize the rural population.
I also doubt there'd be significant immigration to Poland, unless perhaps there's some liberalization of frontiers with the USSR and Ukrainians/Belarusians/Lithuanians come in as guest workers (which I find very doubtful, since having a Ukrainian minority is not something Poland would want at the time). Germany and France are right there and would attract the bulk of immigration.

Europe Map
Map of Europe Year 1956.

In purple, the countries of the Athens Treaty.

Mainland Greece, Yugoslavia, Albania, Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Eastern Austria

NATO in green

Belgium, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Iceland, Canada, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, United States, United Kingdom, Italy and Turkey. Western Austria. Greek government in Crete.
1707689706312.png

Scenario has interesting implications overall--the fact that Greece is now a Soviet client implies that there will be a massive buildup of naval capacity in Communist Greece, since the Mediterranean is going to be the flashpoint of a Soviet-NATO conflict. Morava-Vardar canal, new warship yards in Thessaloniki, and, of course, Soviet naval assets stationed in Greece after coming over from the White Sea and Leningrad. The comparatively narrow land border between NATO and the Athens Treaty in Italy and West Austria (the neutrals, presumably, have an understanding that they'd function as NATO members if the Soviets violated Germany or Czechia during WWIII) should also lead the Soviets to focus more on naval and air forces.

All to Finlandized Poland's advantage, naturally. Poor Yugoslavia, though, isn't going to get a chance to go non-aligned, given how important it is.

Scenario has interesting implications overall--the fact that Greece is now a Soviet client implies that there will be a massive buildup of naval capacity in Communist Greece, since the Mediterranean is going to be the flashpoint of a Soviet-NATO conflict. Morava-Vardar canal, new warship yards in Thessaloniki, and, of course, Soviet naval assets stationed in Greece after coming over from the White Sea and Leningrad. The comparatively narrow land border between NATO and the Athens Treaty in Italy and West Austria (the neutrals, presumably, have an understanding that they'd function as NATO members if the Soviets violated Germany or Czechia during WWIII) should also lead the Soviets to focus more on naval and air forces.

All to Finlandized Poland's advantage, naturally. Poor Yugoslavia, though, isn't going to get a chance to go non-aligned, given how important it is.
The scenario is not very realistic, IMO, but hey...
Anyway, I agree with @Polish Eagle that the Finlandized Poland is not in a bad position. It is certainly better than OTL with probably free market economy. Marshall plan etc. Poles and other finlandized countries can also act as an intermediary between NATO and AT - in political and economical sense.
The fact that the land border between two blocs is much shorter could lead to smaller tentions. The terrain is quite defensible on both sides so they are not so worried about a suddent attack penetrating deep into their territory. Naval invasions are very difficult. OTOH that might make them more nervous about non-conventional measures. And NATO and AT navies will play Cossacks and Cowboys over all Mediterranean...
Now, as I mentioned earlier the Polish Armed Forces will be a defensive force mostly. Therefore I do not think there would be e.g. an airborne division or marine division (PRL has such divisions but they were more like a solid brigades) - I think that the brigades will be the most, with Polish Air Force or Navy able to land at best a strengthened battalion at one go. The tank number will be smaller, but I believe Poland will invest very heavily in anti-tank weapons, with time in missiles; the same about SAMs.
Polish combat planes will be relatively light, mostly for air defence, capable of operating from improvised airfileds (like roads), - generally more or less like Swedish Air Force.
Polish Navy will be defensive as well - mostly light units, like missile boats etc.
I am certain that Poland and Czech Republic and possibly Sweden and Finland will cooperate closely as far as military equipment goes - it will not be an official alliance, but it will be quite real. German industry might join as well, although I think that ITTL Germany will be very seriously demilitarized (Poles and Czechs will not be happy about remilitarized united Germany).
IMO cooperation of Sweden, Poland, Czech Republic and Finland can lead to a pretty decent arms industry complex, capable of providing those countries with modern enough equipment, which also could be sold abroad bringing some nice cash. I mean the combined powers of Bofors, SAAB, Aero, Skoda, Patria, Ursus, PZL and others... And what they can not produce at home, they will buy - e.g. French helicopters (Pumas were used by communist Romania IOTL), Soviet artillery etc.
Sweden did quite well on its own IOTL. It is possible the Poles and Czech Republic can do it as well.

"New Dawn" 1949-1953

Part 1

Poland, which, like a phoenix from the ashes, was slowly rebuilding itself. Slowly, the number of mines, unexploded ordnance and bombs decreased. It was possible to redirect the army to the tracks of the new reality.

The first important problem was the unification of military structures; after heavy fighting, the Ordre de Bataille was adopted everywhere, following the example of units coming from the west.

Now came the more difficult test of unifying small arms.

The easiest problem was the gun, so it was decided to continue production of the pre-war Vis pistol.

Next on the list were submachine guns. Here it was decided to follow two paths

Based on the works of Eng. Jerzy Podsędkowski, who constructed MCEM-2 during the war in the UK, work began on the new MP. Which will enter service in 1957 under the designation PM wz. 57 "The Storm". In terms of design, it will resemble the Israeli UZI. The second way was to use the Błyskawica pistol produced in the Home Army. After some improvements and improved design, it entered service as the PM wz 51 "Błyskawica-2".

The biggest problem, however, was what was to replace the Lee-Enfield, Masuer, M1 or Mosina rifles. Initially, they considered implementing the Stg-44 on their own, but the difficulty in copying resulted in the idea being abandoned after several hundred trial batches had been produced.

Some senior officers were inclined to return to the Mauser, and later to return to the work of engineer Maroszek. over his wz 38M rifle. Ultimately, however, it was decided to postpone this problem to the following years.

In the case of machine guns, the choice was quite simple. The M2 became the basic heavy rifle, and for the future general-purpose machine guns it was decided that it would be fully based on the Mg42 design. An unlicensed copy of which was launched in 1952, still chambered for Mauser ammunition, but after the selection of a new future automatic rifle, it was decided to recalibrate.

When you try to introduce new small weapons, you need to decide what ammunition you are going to use.
I think that Poland would accept 9mm Parabellum as its basic pistol cartridge. Good, reliable, and already produced in pre-war Poland.
So what would be shooting it?
Vis as a basic pistol of the Polish Army is possible, at least in the beginning. I think it will be replaced rather quickly with newer model, with bigger magazine, something close to Browning HP or CZ-75. Let's call it Vis-2.
I have my doubts about Polish Army using two very different submachine guns the same time. When you have one decent model, you do not need more - it is expensive and makes training harder. While a new Polish construction is possible (although Błyskawica is pretty much modified Sten), I think there is a big chance for licensed production of Czech Sa-23, a very good weapon available from 1948. Would the Poles want to wait for their own construction until 1951 to introduce Błyskawica-2 or until 1957 for Storm? Especially if Storm is so similar to Sa-23?
Rifles.
The basic weapon of any army. I do not see the decision being postponed for long, especially with all the rifles in the Polish inventory using various ammunition. It would be a very bold move, but if people like Roman Korsak or Kazimierz Januszewski (Stefan Kenneth Janson) return to Poland in 1945, something similar to EM-2 might be created. If the Polish authorities prefer something more conservative, I think Jerzy Maroszek could help, perhaps with something like Polish equivalent of FN FAL or German G3? Or perhaps Soviet influence would win and a weapon similar to AK-47 would triumph, like in Finland?
Each choice requires a different cartridge: British .280 (intermediary), Czech 7,62x45 (intermediary), American 7,62x51, Soviet 7,62x54, Soviet 7,62x39 (intermediary) etc.
The choice will influence tactics or tactics will influence the choice. I mean what will be the future war according to the Poles?
A new school option: Poland decides to go with an intermediary cartridge (British.280, Czech 7,62x45, Soviet 7,62x39) and introduce something similar to EM-2 (or AK-47), with light machine gun as infantry squad weapon (something like Czech vz.52) and MG-42 recalibrated to 7,62x51.
Conservative option: Poland goes NATO way: a rifle being an equivalent of FN FAL or G3, with MG-42 as both GPMG and squad weapon.
My gut tells me Poland would go conservative way, OTOH the British were also considered conservative and yet they went with EM-2 and only pressure from US forced them to change their mind.
So let's be bold.
Poland introduce their own rifle for Czech intermediary cartridge, lets call it "Burza", (Tempest) together with Czechs introduce light machine gun based on ZB-26 (an equivalent of OTL vz.52) and decide to copy MG-42, only recalibrated to 7,62x51 cartridge (when Germans protest, Warsaw declares it part of war reparations).

I wonder what is the like hood of Poland cooperating with Czechoslovakia (Or just Czechia in this case?) to build Me 262 clones? Or rather, to build improved copies of the Jumo 004 jet engine.

As for tanks, it will probably follow a similar path as with the French and their AMX M4/50 program, mostly based on WW2 German tech with refinements here and there, and in Poland's case, no oscillating turret but a regular, perhaps, Tiger II turret? The long 88 could still be effective up to the mid 50s without ammunition improvements, to the 60s with.

When you try to introduce new small weapons, you need to decide what ammunition you are going to use.
I think that Poland would accept 9mm Parabellum as its basic pistol cartridge. Good, reliable, and already produced in pre-war Poland.
So what would be shooting it?
Vis as a basic pistol of the Polish Army is possible, at least in the beginning. I think it will be replaced rather quickly with newer model, with bigger magazine, something close to Browning HP or CZ-75. Let's call it Vis-2.
I have my doubts about Polish Army using two very different submachine guns the same time. When you have one decent model, you do not need more - it is expensive and makes training harder. While a new Polish construction is possible (although Błyskawica is pretty much modified Sten), I think there is a big chance for licensed production of Czech Sa-23, a very good weapon available from 1948. Would the Poles want to wait for their own construction until 1951 to introduce Błyskawica-2 or until 1957 for Storm? Especially if Storm is so similar to Sa-23?
Rifles.
The basic weapon of any army. I do not see the decision being postponed for long, especially with all the rifles in the Polish inventory using various ammunition. It would be a very bold move, but if people like Roman Korsak or Kazimierz Januszewski (Stefan Kenneth Janson) return to Poland in 1945, something similar to EM-2 might be created. If the Polish authorities prefer something more conservative, I think Jerzy Maroszek could help, perhaps with something like Polish equivalent of FN FAL or German G3? Or perhaps Soviet influence would win and a weapon similar to AK-47 would triumph, like in Finland?
Each choice requires a different cartridge: British .280 (intermediary), Czech 7,62x45 (intermediary), American 7,62x51, Soviet 7,62x54, Soviet 7,62x39 (intermediary) etc.
The choice will influence tactics or tactics will influence the choice. I mean what will be the future war according to the Poles?
A new school option: Poland decides to go with an intermediary cartridge (British.280, Czech 7,62x45, Soviet 7,62x39) and introduce something similar to EM-2 (or AK-47), with light machine gun as infantry squad weapon (something like Czech vz.52) and MG-42 recalibrated to 7,62x51.
Conservative option: Poland goes NATO way: a rifle being an equivalent of FN FAL or G3, with MG-42 as both GPMG and squad weapon.
My gut tells me Poland would go conservative way, OTOH the British were also considered conservative and yet they went with EM-2 and only pressure from US forced them to change their mind.
So let's be bold.
Poland introduce their own rifle for Czech intermediary cartridge, lets call it "Burza", (Tempest) together with Czechs introduce light machine gun based on ZB-26 (an equivalent of OTL vz.52) and decide to copy MG-42, only recalibrated to 7,62x51 cartridge (when Germans protest, Warsaw declares it part of war reparations).
As for MP, I decided that they could go the route of a more ambitious project like "Burza" and a cheaper alternative like Błyskawica-2. In case the "Storm" was too unreliable or had an excessive rate of fire like the progenitor MCEM-2. It's still the 1940s and 1950s, where there is still a strong emphasis on the development of domestic structures.

Additionally, the introduction of Błyskawica-2 allows for the faster withdrawal of Stens, PPsz, MP-40s and Thompsons.

Of course both use 9x19 Parabeulm. Because it is already produced in Poland, and the Vis was still produced by the Germans, so the ammunition for the new MPs is already available.

As for automatic rifles, I think that the Armed Forces would organize a competition for a new weapon, sometime between 1953-1958. The choice would be between the FN FAL, M16, AK47/AKM, or some domestic proposal.

The AK-47 would probably win for several reasons.
1. It is cheap to produce
2. It would be possible to settle accounts with the USSR using barter.
3. It would also be an element of the policy of neutrality
4. The USSR itself can provide several thousand pieces ready for training.

Although I might put it to a vote.

I agree with the idea of the vz.52, it is a good solution and does not violate national interests.

As for the doctrine, for now it is purely defensive and rather prepared to repel aggression from the East. However, for larger funds, the army will wait until 1954, when conflicts on the West-East line begin to break out in Asia and the division of Austria becomes permanent.
I wonder what is the like hood of Poland cooperating with Czechoslovakia (Or just Czechia in this case?) to build Me 262 clones? Or rather, to build improved copies of the Jumo 004 jet engine.

As for tanks, it will probably follow a similar path as with the French and their AMX M4/50 program, mostly based on WW2 German tech with refinements here and there, and in Poland's case, no oscillating turret but a regular, perhaps, Tiger II turret? The long 88 could still be effective up to the mid 50s without ammunition improvements, to the 60s with.
Only 12 Me-262 clones were built. Warsaw can experiment with them, but they will probably only be single pieces.

For now, most of the funds are spent on reconstruction and new factories. Especially the implementation of the Citron 2CV and H licenses. These are to finally drive the Polish society and also the services.

In addition, the STAR truck factory, buses from Sanok and the reactivation of LRL plants in Warsaw and Lublin.

As for tanks, I assume the purchase of AMX-13 to retire Crommwelys, Stuarts and T-70s. The construction of the AMX-13 will also enable the construction of many specialized vehicles and will also be used to train engineers in vehicle production.

Only 12 Me-262 clones were built. Warsaw can experiment with them, but they will probably only be single pieces.
Keep in mind that's because there was no point in building more as they received a license for the MiG 15. That will not happen TTL, as Czechia, Poland and Germany will remain independent.

Keep in mind that's because there was no point in building more as they received a license for the MiG 15. That will not happen TTL, as Czechia, Poland and Germany will remain independent.
Me 262 would rather serve as attack planes than fighters. I think they could bought, vampires or J-27 from Sweden. Unless, after the USA started military aid after 1954, Poland and the Czech Republic would buy F-104 for fighter tasks.

Germany will begin to form the Bundeswehere anyway in 1960 when it fully regains independence.

Last edited:
Germany will begin to form the Bundeswehere anyway in 1960 when it fully regains independence.
And that will make Poland and Czech Republic rather nervous. Especially Poland, which got many previously German lands after WW2.
Personally I think everybody (well, everybody in Europe) will push Germany to limit its military forces.
Poland was truely nervous about reunification of Germany in 1990. Imagine Polish reaction to remilitarized Germany just 15 years after the war. Imagine rest of Europe's reaction - France, Balgium, Netherlands, Czech Republic, even USSR. That is why I believe that even independent Germany will be under some kind of supervision and seriously demilitarized with both NATO and AT guaranteeing its security and neutrality.
If not, Poland might actually decide that Soviets are not so bad, or at least better than Germans. I do not think that Poland would turn communist and join AT, but it might get close to USSR and buy some of Soviet gear. Or French, if France will be nervous about remilitarized Germany.

Restrictions for Germany, can remind of those in Finland.
1707773705259.png

Most likely, Germany will not be able to have more than 240 machines, and will not be able to develop nuclear weapons, and no other country will be able to give them access to them.There will also be limits on the caliber of the heaviest guns, the number of tanks and the tonnage of the fleet. I wonder whether in such a case the Poles, together with the Swedes, will not join Israel and South Africa and develop nuclear weapons. Okay, but I'm looking too far into the future.

Last edited:
Poland's population might actually be slightly smaller as time goes on--if the economy is more efficient, and wealth is higher, fecundity would be expected to decrease (East Germany, despite communism, had a birth rate equal to or greater than West Germany's until unification). So I don't think we can expect Finlandized Poland to significantly outweigh the OTL PRL in manpower.

I think a lot of the surge in emigration from post-1990 Poland had to do with the inability of Poles to emigrate at all, temporarily or otherwise. The scale of the migration of Poland's different German and German-influenced minorities does speak to a lot of potential.

I also doubt there'd be significant immigration to Poland, unless perhaps there's some liberalization of frontiers with the USSR and Ukrainians/Belarusians/Lithuanians come in as guest workers (which I find very doubtful, since having a Ukrainian minority is not something Poland would want at the time). Germany and France are right there and would attract the bulk of immigration.

If we are going to use Spain as a proxy—reasonably enough, given the two countries' comparable land areas and populations, and similar economic lags relative to northwestern Europe—then substantial emigration would stop by the 1970s, while immigration would only begin to pick up in the 1990s.

One additional thing I would note is that German-Polish relations will be terrible, between wartime atrocities and prior tensions and the whole redrawing of territories and shifting of populations. OTL Poland and West Germany had as distant relations as possible, while Poland and East Germany were forced to be friendly by the Soviets. What will things be like here?

1949-1953
New Dawn

Part 2

Tanks

In post-war Poland, almost half of the armored forces were Soviet-made tanks such as the T-34, T-70, IS-2 and T-60. In order to unify the fleet of vehicles, in 1949 an inquiry was sent to the Soviet side whether the USSR would give up the M4 Sherman in exchange for the remaining Soviet tanks in Poland.

Surprisingly, the Soviet side agreed, and by 1951, 400 M4 tanks in various conditions arrived in Poland. Quite quickly, diesel engines began to be replaced with gasoline engines.

Another reform of the army's structures was also initiated to prepare it for further plans. The heavy tank regiments were disbanded and the structure of tank battalions and regiments was further unified.

In 1953, a license for AMX-13 tanks was purchased, the new light tank replaced the M3 Stuart and MK VII Crommwel in tank reconnaissance regiments. The new vehicle also served as the basis for the successor to the Universal Carrier and a number of other specialized vehicles.

The newly purchased SA 50 gun was also used to modernize the main armament of Sherman tanks.

M50-Supersherman-latrun-1.jpg

PZL was a competent design and manufacturing enterprise before the war. While Poland will rely on Allied and Soviet cast-offs, or even captured German gear (as Czechoslovakia and Spain used Me 109 clones), it's possible that they will attempt to push an indigenous fighter jet by the 1960s (IOTL, they attempted to get back into this field in the early 1960s, but Soviet pressure--they didn't want a competitor to MiG--restricted them to building MiG clones).
Did they? Is there some reference on this available? And on what they were planning?
Not just for reasons of autarky but also hoping to sell it.

I think in general, though, Spain is a good model for what the Polish Air Force would look like ITTL--it started acquiring new planes in 1955, American F-86s. Between lack of money and need to rebuild intellectual capital, I see Poland getting new stuff around the same time. Maybe British birds? Hawker Hunters?
Why not French Mysteres? Politically it is probably a more palpable option than buying American on British. Then you can follow it up with Mirage III in the early 1960s. Although I actually wonder whether we see the Poles flying Drakens TTL.

Last edited:
Did they? Is there some reference on this available? And on what they were planning?
Seems I was misremembering something I'd read a few years back regarding Poland and the Sino-Soviet rift:

After the January 1964 meeting, Khrushchev began to turn the screws on Gomulka. His main tool was economic pressure. Reneging on existing economic agreements, Moscow ordered Warsaw in March 1964 to maintain and increase its coal deliveries to the GDR.[25] This new demand on Poland's economy followed an announcement by Moscow that it would not be able to meet its economic commitments to Poland and the other socialist countries with regard to grain and cotton. When Gomulka led a party delegation to Moscow in mid-April 1964 to protest the uneven economic burden being placed upon Poland, Khrushchev refused to budge. Indeed, he increased the economic pressure on Gomulka by announcing that Moscow would not be purchasing a series of fighter aircraft from Poland, even after the Polish communists — at Moscow's insistence — had invested large sums of money in a special factory. The Soviet Union was the only potential market for the aircraft.[26] The combined impact of Khrushchev's decisions for Poland's economy would be devastating; they threatened to undermine the stability of Poland's communist regime....Suslov even criticized Khrushchev for his condescending attitudes toward the other socialist states. He singled out Khrushchev's decision not to purchase fighter aircraft from Poland as particularly damaging to Polish-Soviet relations. Suslov summed up: "One should not offend the leaders of the fraternal parties. They are experienced and hardened people..."[45]

I had thought this was for the international market, since I couldn't figure out why the USSR would want to buy Polish planes in the first place. But upon further reflection, I think this might actually be about the TS-11 Iskra--a Polish trainer jet that entered production in 1964 and was sold to India, but which was a candidate for general Warsaw Pact jet trainer. That is, the references to fighter jets are either mistranslated or misremembered. I think this theory is supported by reference to the selection of Czechoslovakia's L-29 Delfin being a surprise to aviation observers at the time--in other words, that the Delfin was chosen over the Iskra as a result of Soviet pressure.

But I was still incorrect to say this was about not having a MiG competitor--it was Kruschev being a dick in general.

But still, I would argue that the tech base to make jet trainers isn't that much less demanding than that needed to make contemporary fighters, and that, if Poland really put its effort toward it, it could have produced an indigenous equivalent to the MiG-21, though perhaps a few years later than that one.
Why not French Mysteres? Politically it is probably a pore palpable option than buying American on British. Then you can follow it up with Mirage III in the early 1960s. Although I actually wonder whether we see the Poles flying Drakens TTL.
I was thinking Britain because of residual ties left over from the war--Polish pilots had flown British planes for five years by that point, and would probably still be using British surplus into the 1950s.

But Drakens are a good thought too. They'll be entering service around the time I imagine Poland replacing its aging WWII surplus, and a fellow "neutral" would be politically desirable as a vendor.

I assume that when the Cold War begins to gain momentum, the USA will quietly start granting us loans, following the example of Yugoslavia.
Yugoslavia rhetoric aside in the early 1950s was allied with the west. Officially so as a matter of fact given her alliance treaty with Greece and Turkey. Why the Soviet tanks don't start rolling west if it looks like Poland is going to the western camp? If Finlandization/neutrality is to be accepted by Moscow, Poland does need to act in a fashion not very different to Finland. and probably also accept at least unofficially limitations to the size and composition of its armed forces. Romania was limited to 120,000 men in the army and 100 combat aircraft (out of a total of 150 aircraft and 8,000 personnel in the air force plus 5.000 AA troops). Italy to 185,000 men in the army and 200 combat aircraft. 200 fighters and up to 185,000 men in the army doesn't sound too unreasonable for a Fiinlandized Poland IMO. If anything 120,000 may be more plausible.
I assume the Iron Curtain will move further south and Greece will fall into the Eastern Bloc.
How exactly this is going to happen? There are the twin inconvenient problems of the communist "Democratic army" outnumbered by a factor of ten by the national army and the West ruling the seas. Even if somehow the mainland fell to the communists Crete and the islands remain non communist with the country split Korea style.

Yugoslavia rhetoric aside in the early 1950s was allied with the west. Officially so as a matter of fact given her alliance treaty with Greece and Turkey. Why the Soviet tanks don't start rolling west if it looks like Poland is going to the western camp? If Finlandization/neutrality is to be accepted by Moscow, Poland does need to act in a fashion not very different to Finland. and probably also accept at least unofficially limitations to the size and composition of its armed forces. Romania was limited to 120,000 men in the army and 100 combat aircraft (out of a total of 150 aircraft and 8,000 personnel in the air force plus 5.000 AA troops). Italy to 185,000 men in the army and 200 combat aircraft. 200 fighters and up to 185,000 men in the army doesn't sound too unreasonable for a Fiinlandized Poland IMO. If anything 120,000 may be more plausible.
For now, Poland is in decline and is slowly recovering.

Additionally, here Finnishization means the lack of any open hostility towards the USSR.

The thread itself focuses on the possible weapons of such an army rather than on the general world. The world around is only supposed to be a background.

This is exactly what is happening with Greece. The continent falls into the hands of the communists while the government recognized by the West remains in Crete.

Last edited: