Fictional Map Thread

Diamond

Banned
sbegin said:
What program(s) do you use to draw your maps? I've got maps, but they're all hand-drawn. Paint would seem to be a painful way to go!!
I use paint for most of mine as well. (Although I just got Photoshop! Woo hoo!)

I have a lot of hand-drawn ones too. Maybe I'll post one tonight.

Darkest

Banned
Here's my alien world I drew. Kinda cool. I don't know whether the proportions are all too correct, though.

A4.PNG

Darkest

Banned
Here's a kind of cool world I call Abbesaunter. Its a Romanesque fantasy world with lots of alien creatures always appearing out of eldritch gateways that keep on appearing everywhere.

Abbesaunter.PNG

Darkest

Banned
Here's a redux of Abbesaunter, now called Arrusaent. Same gist, really. Roman-like empire dominates nearly the entire world, alien creatures keep on invading through magical portals that tear them from their homes.

Arrusaent.PNG

Darkest

Banned
Here's a quick first version of my ultimate fantasy world, Kaltho, which was reduxed hugely later.

Kaltho.PNG

Diamond

Banned
Here's a new and improved version of a map I posted a while back in the Map Thread. It's for a fantasy setting which I've written half a dozen stories (all so far unpublished) for.

Last edited:
Highlander said:
Of course we have one for Earth maps, but not one solely for fantasy maps.

Ah, you'll have to excuse me. I didn't know you meant for fictional worlds... :eek:

@Diamond: That map... I really should pick up my jaw now. :D

Highlander

Banned
I would be very interested in reading the stories you have written about that world, Diamond.

@Darkest90 - Did you draw that blank map in paint, or what did you use?

A map of mine, but I'm regretting the font choice for the lesser towns (an old German font), as it makes some of the letters look like different letters.

brooke2.png

not to be an idiot or anything, i just enjoy this;),

but either Darkest90 or Diamond's maps are the most geologically likely