Female breasts not sexualised

You only have to check how many companies now use (half)naked gym-men in their publicity campaigns. Of course, as a sexual bait for women and gay men; something that didn't happen in the past because a) women lacked of economy independence and b) gay men were illegal and immoral.

But those aren't really about breast but rather about well uscled male body. Call it six pack or whatever.

But those aren't really about breast but rather about well uscled male body. Call it six pack or whatever.

They are about secondary sexual characteristics, just like breasts are. A well defined chest on a man for example is something that is a visual sexual signifier.

They are about secondary sexual characteristics, just like breasts are. A well defined chest on a man for example is something that is a visual sexual signifier.

Even if that were so the fact is that a poster of topless, well muscled man might get some negative responses while similar photo of topless woman will break couple of laws. So female breasts are seen as sexual object while male are not.

Ditto for showing breasts on tV/movies. Male are OK female not and bring its own set of rules on when and how can be displayed.

The biological proof is functional. If a baby mammal doesn't like tits and doesn't want to suck them it starves and dies

What the fuck are you even talking about? I mean just off the top of my head, why are only men most men and lesbians attracted to breasts if supposedly it's just a natural thing for humans to find breasts sexually attractive?

Dorozhand

Banned
The sexualization of female breasts in humans isn't exactly universal, and there are many cultures which have a view of them that is nuanced and quite different from the European/Anglo/Protestant perspective which dominates western society and this forum and sees itself as universal.

Sexualization varies wildly through time, place, and culture. Many things which were once sexualized are no longer, and many things we don't consider may be sexualized in the future.

That we consider it universal is only our Eurocentrism coming into play.

Even if that were so the fact is that a poster of topless, well muscled man might get some negative responses while similar photo of topless woman will break couple of laws. So female breasts are seen as sexual object while male are not.

Ditto for showing breasts on tV/movies. Male are OK female not and bring its own set of rules on when and how can be displayed.

That comes from social conditioning more than anything. Yes we in the west are told or shown that breasts are forbiden and must only be hinted at or more discreetly displayed (which only further sexualizes them).

If in society there were not ingrained laws against toplessness going back years then today we wouldn't have the same reaction. The more you see something in its natural state the more the fetishization and stigma dissipates.

A lot of female clothing as I mentioned, actually deliberately sexualizes breasts more than they would appear simply in their natural state.

As I mentioned all secondary sexual characteristics in both genders are inherently sexual, it's just that breasts are fetishized on top of that. In the gay community btw the male chest is likewise quite sexualized from what I understand.

That comes from social conditioning more than anything. Yes we in the west are told or shown that breasts are forbiden and must only be hinted at or more discreetly displayed (which only further sexualizes them).

If in society there were not ingrained laws against toplessness going back years then today we wouldn't have the same reaction. The more you see something in its natural state the more the fetishization and stigma dissipates.

A lot of female clothing as I mentioned, actually deliberately sexualizes breasts more than they would appear simply in their natural state.

As I mentioned all secondary sexual characteristics in both genders are inherently sexual, it's just that breasts are fetishized on top of that. In the gay community btw the male chest is likewise quite sexualized from what I understand.

And in the OP I asked how to change that with a POD so that male and female breasts (or torso) are seen as same.

Is this really a thread? Wow.

I'm sorry if it doesn't meet your standards for what should be asked on this site..... :(

The sexualization of female breasts in humans isn't exactly universal, and there are many cultures which have a view of them that is nuanced and quite different from the European/Anglo/Protestant perspective which dominates western society and this forum and sees itself as universal.

Sexualization varies wildly through time, place, and culture. Many things which were once sexualized are no longer, and many things we don't consider may be sexualized in the future.

That we consider it universal is only our Eurocentrism coming into play.

Well, I did ask for POD so that western societies don't see female breasts as sexual object....

Dorozhand

Banned
Well, I did ask for POD so that western societies don't see female breasts as sexual object....

Have western society be less restrictive on female clothing so that breasts aren't fetishized and carry their original connotation is symbols of fertility.

The key to this whole thing is the difference between a sex object and a fertility symbol. Whereas the latter is something that is associated with fertility by its nature, the former is something that has been culturally fetishized. Secrecy and taboo is at the core of fetish association.

Have western society be less restrictive on female clothing so that breasts aren't fetishized and carry their original connotation is symbols of fertility.

The key to this whole thing is the difference between a sex object and a fertility symbol. Whereas the latter is something that is associated with fertility by its nature, the former is something that has been culturally fetishized. Secrecy and taboo is at the core of fetish association.

Yeahm wide hips are considered a fertility thing, but don't seem overly sexualised in the main stream.