Fascist but not Nazi Germany during the 20th Century

Don't forget that the DNVP was a monarchistic party.

So with Hugenberg in Power, he might have called Kaiser Wilhem II. back from the Netherlands, without giving him real power, or at least not much.

I myself have always imagined that non-Nazi Germ Fascism would be profoundly Royalist. Monarchism was popular throughout the twenties, and this isn't just amongst the Junkers, either. There are plenty of middle class people who wanted the monarchy restored. Weimar was a foreign thing, pushed upon them.

I don't have a hard time imagining a restored German "Empire" although with power vested in the hands of the Fascist party which reigns over Germany.

Yes... and as I wrote, he did care about the catholic church, otherwise he wouldn't have done it. Hitler OTOH would've loved to replace the churches completely by the NS ideology.

Mussolini cared about the Catholic Church because of its clout in Italy and the world. In any other country, Mussolini would not have needed the Church, but in Italy, it was important to have the state on good terms with the Papacy.

Two things:

1. Mussolini didn't care about the Catholic church? Thanks to him, the Vatican state came into existence. Since the Italians had taken Rome in 1871, the Italian-Papal relationship hadn't been that great - the pope considered himself "the prisoner in the Vatican". Now this changed again.
2. Yes, the nazis had this romantic thing, with the glorification of the rural idyll - but it didn't stop them from modernizing Germany in many ways. (Would the Romantics have liked the autobahns? I think not.) In many ways, it was only rhetoric.

1. I think it is completely tactical, a move of convenience. Mussolini was probably an atheist and the Church was not a big part of his plans.

2. You are quite right, and countervailing narratives stressing the role of tradition and modernisation can be made for fascism and nazism. But I suspect that if you put a Nazi on the spot and asked "What is really wrong with Germany? Is it not ready for the future or is it losing touch with the past?" You would be told that the answer was the latter. Fascism was determined to impose an alternate future to communism, but definitely wants a different future - otherwise southern peasants would have been their supporters.

Mussolini cared about the Catholic Church because of its clout in Italy and the world. In any other country, Mussolini would not have needed the Church, but in Italy, it was important to have the state on good terms with the Papacy.

True.

But if Mussolini was a Nazi, he would have fought against the church even though it was of such an importance.

Hitler IOTL accepted the churches for the time being because he needed them during the war. If he had won the war, the churches would be next.

Nazism is a complete ideology, much more then Mussolinis state, and as such it is quite similar to communism, which fought against religion, too.