Famous quotations that never were

"About the capitalist states, it doesn't depend on you whether we, the Soviet Union, exist. If you don't like us don't accept our invitations, and don't invite us to come to see you. Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!" ~Senator Joseph McCarthy in a speech to Congress. He was promptly arrested on suspicion that he was a communist spy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1jaUkWw9zU

Letter From An American Soldier In Iraq To His Girlfriend In Brooklyn, 1992

"Deer Angie,

It is hot as f*** out here in the dessert. Please send toilet paper and one of them Penthouse mags from the new stand on 33rd and 5th; remember, I just like them articles in there and won't be gawkin at none of them nudies.

PS, Don't f*** nobody while I'm gone.

-Tony"

OOC: Not a famous quote, but the mood struck me for randomness.

"The European Union Summit on Global Warming have reached an agreement. To stop global warming, Brittish weather will be provided to continental Europe."
- Romano Prodi

"Ooh, look! A penny!" ~Abraham Lincoln a split-second before John Wilkes Booth's famous failed assassination attempt.

"Ooh, look! A water buffalo!" ~William McKinley prior to him and anarchist Leon Czolgosz being killed in a stampede of water buffaloes at the Pan-American Exposition.

If the Israeli-Swedish diplomatic crisis happened during the Social Democratic rule:

"Crazy Middle Easterners are treatening us. Shut down internet!"
- Laila Freivalds (followed by "Finally proven right. Internet was a fad." -Ines Usman)

"Fucking !#¤%¤/& [rasist slur denoting jewish man]. No way in !¤#%"¤% we are going to attack our own newspaper. Eat shit and die."
- Jan O Karlsson

"I don't have time. Come back after the election."
- Jan Eliasson

"Must crush... what was I supposed to crush again?"
- Zombie Anna Lindh

"Look, I'm not saying we can't win, but there's 22 million of them and only 6 million of us! If that's not enough, they have all the mining and manufacturing- guns and gold! Maybe we should rethink this!?!" - Anyone anywhere NEAR a secession vote, 1860-1861.

"You know, there's a chance- a chance- that if we do this, that is, bomb their fleet and invade the Philippines, they won't just roll over and sue for peace. Maybe we should reconsider this course of action." -Anyone who was in on the planning of the Japanese "Strike South" strategy.

"Uh, Colonel? It might be a good idea to actually bring the Gattling guns with us. They may come in handy." -Anyone who marched out to the Little Big Horn, June 25, 1876.

"I really thought [insert state name hear] was going to break for Mondale!"- Anybody on election day 1984.

"Here, let me help you get that stain out..." -Bill Clinton.

"You know, there's a lot to be learned about Vietnam from the French experience there!" -Lyndon Johnson.

"Yeah, George, about this script...yeah, I love the stuff with Luke and Leia being siblings, nice swerve there. I also like the redemption message there at the end, with Vader turning on the Emperor, good stuff, good stuff. One problem though, these Ewok things. Are you fucking serious!?! Teddy bears!?! Fuckin' walking teddy bears are gonna take down the Empire!?! George...seriously...do you have any idea how weak that makes the heroes look? Two and a half movies, Obi Wan gets killed and Luke gets his ass kicked by Vader. Han gets tortured and frozen in carbonite, the Empire stomps the shit out of the rebels on Hoth...AND FUCKING TEDDY BEARS BEAT THE EMPIRE!?! ARE YOU SHITTIN' ME!?!" -Anybody who read the script from Return of The Jedi before it went into production.

"Yeah, Geroge, me again. About this new script...A FUCKING KID!?! DARTH VADER STARTS OUT AS A FUCKING DOPEY KID!?! AND YOU'RE CENTERING THE WHOLE DAMN MOVIE AROUND HIM!?! For Christsake, George...WE GOT LIAM FUCKING NEESON AND SAMUEL L. JACKSON DESPITE THE FACT YOU'RE DIRECTING THE FLICK, AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THIS "JAR-JAR BINKS" SHIT! THIS IS THE STUPIDEST SHIT YOU'VE COME UP WITH SINCE THE FUCKIN' EWOKS!!! YOU'RE GONNA KILL THE FRANCHISE!!!" -Anybody who read the script of The Phantom Menace before it went into production.

"I am happy to serve my adopted homeland."

so said the newly appointed Secretary of State Alexander Romanov

Romanov's appointment shocked the international community, and angered the Soviet Union. The grandson of the last Czar of Russia, he first came to the United States in 1941 when pressure from the Soviet Union forced the English government to send the former royal family into a second exile. Romanov has long been seen as an expert in foreign affairs, but it remains to be seen how much this will inflame cold war tensions....

The NY Times

OCC: I know this is totally ASB for various reasons, I just thought it would be fun to see something like this.

"Uh, Colonel? It might be a good idea to actually bring the Gattling guns with us. They may come in handy." -Anyone who marched out to the Little Big Horn, June 25, 1876.

I always like to my ancestor who died in Little Bighorn said something like that.

"I agree that there is no empire but the Byzantine Empire, and I am but her humble servant." - Analytical Engine, May 2009

"What a beautiful day to go skipping in the park, ja?"
--Adolf Hitler

"Ach, you knocked my ice cream off its cone! Why?"
--Adolf Hitler, a little later

"Oi, don't make such a big deal about it. Besides, what could you do?"
--Jew

"Grr!"
--Adolf Hitler

"Look, I'm not saying we can't win, but there's 22 million of them and only 6 million of us! If that's not enough, they have all the mining and manufacturing- guns and gold! Maybe we should rethink this!?!" - Anyone anywhere NEAR a secession vote, 1860-1861.

"You know, there's a chance- a chance- that if we do this, that is, bomb their fleet and invade the Philippines, they won't just roll over and sue for peace. Maybe we should reconsider this course of action." -Anyone who was in on the planning of the Japanese "Strike South" strategy.

"I really thought [insert state name hear] was going to break for Mondale!"- Anybody on election day 1984.

"Here, let me help you get that stain out..." -Bill Clinton.

"You know, there's a lot to be learned about Vietnam from the French experience there!" -Lyndon Johnson.

"Yeah, George, about this script...yeah, I love the stuff with Luke and Leia being siblings, nice swerve there. I also like the redemption message there at the end, with Vader turning on the Emperor, good stuff, good stuff. One problem though, these Ewok things. Are you fucking serious!?! Teddy bears!?! Fuckin' walking teddy bears are gonna take down the Empire!?! George...seriously...do you have any idea how weak that makes the heroes look? Two and a half movies, Obi Wan gets killed and Luke gets his ass kicked by Vader. Han gets tortured and frozen in carbonite, the Empire stomps the shit out of the rebels on Hoth...AND FUCKING TEDDY BEARS BEAT THE EMPIRE!?! ARE YOU SHITTIN' ME!?!" -Anybody who read the script from Return of The Jedi before it went into production.

"Yeah, Geroge, me again. About this new script...A FUCKING KID!?! DARTH VADER STARTS OUT AS A FUCKING DOPEY KID!?! AND YOU'RE CENTERING THE WHOLE DAMN MOVIE AROUND HIM!?! For Christsake, George...WE GOT LIAM FUCKING NEESON AND SAMUEL L. JACKSON DESPITE THE FACT YOU'RE DIRECTING THE FLICK, AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THIS "JAR-JAR BINKS" SHIT! THIS IS THE STUPIDEST SHIT YOU'VE COME UP WITH SINCE THE FUCKIN' EWOKS!!! YOU'RE GONNA KILL THE FRANCHISE!!!" -Anybody who read the script of The Phantom Menace before it went into production.
Heh, nice...

though on the Pearl Harbor one, I think Yamamoto counts as having said "maybe they won't just give up". "sleeping giant", all that?

"I am happy to serve my adopted homeland."

so said the newly appointed Secretary of State Alexander Romanov

Romanov's appointment shocked the international community, and angered the Soviet Union. The grandson of the last Czar of Russia, he first came to the United States in 1941 when pressure from the Soviet Union forced the English government to send the former royal family into a second exile. Romanov has long been seen as an expert in foreign affairs, but it remains to be seen how much this will inflame cold war tensions....

The NY Times

OCC: I know this is totally ASB for various reasons, I just thought it would be fun to see something like this.
Hmm. Should be "serrrrrve", surely? :D

Onyx

Banned
God? GOD!?!?!? THERE IS NO FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

KKK shouldn't have existed. Why? Because we elected a FUCKING JEW IN THE CONFEDERACY!!!!
~ Judah Benjamins last words

Die Negroe- I mean, Kraut Scum!
~ Woodrow Wilson

Alright, alright, I join the fucking the capitalist alliance if you guys help me get into power....
~ Untold Words from Joseph Stalin

Run, bitch! RUUUUUNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~ Unknown Mexican telling Pablo Escobar to run

It's a Trap!
~ George McClellan after being ambushed from Lee

Last edited: