Famous quotations that never were

Two from the TL I'm working on.

"Let Arnold come. He shall crash against these fortifications (Halifax) like waves upon the beach."
- Sir Guy Carleton, 1780

"I believe your words were 'crash like waves on the beach'? This is one storm whose waves you could not ride!"
- Major General James Hawkins, 1780

"We have dreamt our dreams and new day has come" Milan Kucan upon signing agreement granting Yugoslav republic more power

"Bah, stay here. No need to go into the breech once more." Henry V

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance but why risk it?" John Sedgwick

"If someone strikes you on the right cheek take your sword and strike him down before he strikes you on your left cheek" Jesus

"As much as Lady Boleyn is a fine woman I am married and don't believe in annulment of marriage." Henry VIII

"So this is England, ja?" anonymous German soldier disembarking on English beach, august 1940

"Jews? Don't really think about them much but I guess they are good Germans." Adolf Hitler

"You can't win, Pilate. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."-Jesus

Redbeard

Banned
AH is boring
Me

Scandinavians are cute, especially those on this board
Susano

The Ottomans were a complete failure - and criminals too
Abdul Hadi Pasha

I promise to only make simple PoDs everyone else could have made too
Thande

I'll hand back Moltke to the Germans after I have used him, or perhaps I will snatch Bismarck too
Arctic Warrior

Sealion will succeed
Just about everybody

Regards ;)

Steffen Redbeard

Thande

Donor
"Wait for the sign - NOW!"
- Charles I, just before Royalist gunmen shot down his executioner and rescued him

"I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and a king of England too"
- "Mad Queen Liz" admitting to murdering and butchering Henry VIII and Mary I and keeping the parts in jars

"We shall fight them on the beaches, we shall fight them in the hills, we shall fight with growing confidence on land and sea, we shall never surrender."
- Winston Churchill, former First Lord of the Admiralty and leader of the military junta that launched a coup against Communist Britain in 1924

MrP

Banned
"Wait for the sign - NOW!"
- Charles I, just before Royalist gunmen shot down his executioner and rescued him

"I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and a king of England too"
- "Mad Queen Liz" admitting to murdering and butchering Henry VIII and Mary I and keeping the parts in jars

"We shall fight them on the beaches, we shall fight them in the hills, we shall fight with growing confidence on land and sea, we shall never surrender."
- Winston Churchill, former First Lord of the Admiralty and leader of the military junta that launched a coup against Communist Britain in 1924

Sheer class, Thande! :D

"The only thing we have to fear... is the bogeyman. God, when I was kid I was so scared of him. Is he here? I want my blankie."

Franklin "Doolally" Roosevelt, shortly before his removal from the office of President, 1932.

"And who is to blame? We might need a scapegoat but I'm damned if I can think of anybody right now." repeatedly posted on ah.com

MrP

Banned
"The only thing we have to fear... is the bogeyman. God, when I was kid I was so scared of him. Is he here? I want my blankie."

Franklin "Doolally" Roosevelt, shortly before his removal from the office of President, 1932.

:D

alea . . . sub lecto est. Vae!

The die is . . . under the couch. Dammit!

GJC to Mark Antony during a drinking session.

Thande

Donor

"The United States should be the arsehole of democracy".

"For whoever shall believe in me shall live forever for he will be reincarnated eternally" Buddha

"Damn the torpedoes, retreat." Admiral David G. Farragut

"Fighting a land war in Asia is one of the simplest tasks military can be given" Douglas MacArthur