Familiar, and yet different...

Max Sinister said:
After having had the nazis for seven years around, who wanted to eradicate every remembrance of independent Austria, the Austrians started to like their independence.

Ah. The Nazis "overdid it" and it backfired?

chunkeymonkey13q said:
I would have given the Greeks Constantinople too, as it should be there's. I wonder what that would do to Greek culture though? Hmm...
Chunkey,Istanbul,Constatinople,and Byzantium are one and the same.:) It's site is in the Greek held lands on this map.:)

Chingo360 said:
it seems like the allies let germany keep austria and the sudetenland, this would tick off the austrians for sure.....
Yet, southern East Prussia, as well as parts of Ostpommern are missing...

Wendell said:
Yet, southern East Prussia, as well as parts of Ostpommern are missing...

Well, Germany still has to be punished for the war...they get a better post war settlement because the Russians didn't do quite as well. Some sort of conservative, anti - Hitler collaborationist government post war, under British, French, and American occupation. But there are other reasons for the map looking as it does...

MerryPrankster said:
Ah. The Nazis "overdid it" and it backfired?
Indeed- he even abolished the name "Osterreich" (Austria), replacing it with "Ostmark", (Eastern March, historical name before Duchy of Austria became separate of Bavaria)...

chunkeymonkey13q said:
What is the date on this map?

This map dates from 2005 - 2006. I thought I would add a bit more info:
Hungary and Germany are restored monarchies (Hohenzollern and Habsburg).
Italy never repudiated the monarchy (there's a reason for that - can you guess?), and Romania and Bulgaria are republics. Serbia is a neo - fascist state. That's all I'll say for now.

And from 1943, nazis were advised to use not even "Ostmark" anymore, but "Donau- und Alpengaue" (Gaus of the Alps and Danube) instead, and only if they had to refer to the former Austria at all. In other words, they wanted to erase the memory to the fact that there had been an independent Austria once. Austrians were considered too... maybe decadent isn't the right term, so let's say "too far away from nazi ideology" instead. Not disciplined enough and so on. So the nazis treated them a bit like a drill sergeant his recruits all the time, and the Austrians weren't too fond of the "Piefkes".

Don't forget, Hitler was Austrian, but this didn't mean he loved his country. The opposite is closer to truth.

Israel/Palestine. Which is which on the map? Historically the Jews held the highlands of Jerusalem and the Philistines held the lowlands. Is this a Jewish homeland that was purchased, from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea, or is it an Israel that has annexed Arab territory and ethnically cleansed the inhabitants to refugee camps in the West Bank?
Or is this some kind of Mormon or Bahai territory?

wkwillis said:
Israel/Palestine. Which is which on the map? Historically the Jews held the highlands of Jerusalem and the Philistines held the lowlands. Is this a Jewish homeland that was purchased, from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea, or is it an Israel that has annexed Arab territory and ethnically cleansed the inhabitants to refugee camps in the West Bank?
Or is this some kind of Mormon or Bahai territory?

As with OTL, the British/Allies decided that the Jews should have a homeland; the map was intended to show Israel/Palestine as it is now, and I was under the assumption it was correct. The only part you can't see (because I forgot to colour it) is the Gaza strip. Hopefully this Israel/Palestine would be more peaceful than the one of our world.