Facist Imperium of Greater Britannia :D!

RealityX

Banned
I was playing Hearts of Iron 2 as Britain but I soon realized that I could not declare war or invade any other country as a democracy (boring ^^). Hitler was twiddling his thumbs so I decided to try an interesting strategy. Suffice to say I eventually managed to install a fascist government under Oswald Mosley, while bringing Italy over to the 'Allies'! I then declared war on Germany, Japan, and any unlucky chumps out there that caught my eye. With the democratic nation allies of the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and France (all democracy) joining Italy and Britain is an war of expansion.

How likely is it for a fascist imperialist government to emerge in Britain after ww1? Could it be possible to have an Italy & Britain vs Nazi Germany (after France had been conquered). Oh and by fascist I don't mean wannabe Hitlers.

Just ASB?

Very unlikely with a post-WW1, let alone 1936, PoD. There may be some distant possibility, but I leave that to others.

Instead, I recomend you check out Ed Thomas' timelines. Fight and be Right, currently ongoing, has an 1870s PoD and appears to end up with a rather fascistic, but certainly not Hitlerian British Empire in alliance with Italy and other seemingly reactionary and pseudo-fascist powers.

"A Greater Britain", with a 1920s PoD, is further from your idea, but does feature Prime Minister Mosley allied with Mussolini against Hitler. By no means is his Britain "fascist", however.

Faeelin

Banned
Very unlikely with a post-WW1, let alone 1936, PoD. There may be some distant possibility, but I leave that to others.

I do think that there's an option rolling around, somewhere, for a nastier British Empire in the 1940s and 1950s. Somebody more inclined, and more able, to defend their economic rights; the tanks roll out in the Suez Crisis and don't stop til they reach Cairo, say.

But fascist, or anything close, it would not be. I'm envisioning something more like a Britain that really does think it's building schools and hospitals for Africans, even as it drains the continent of its resources.