Explain the AH Quote

While at the time it was believed to be the wrath of god, science proves that the great burning of 1219 was caused by a large asteroid impact in the North sea. This impact destroyed much of England and Northern France, and the tsunami damaged Castile and sent it into civil war. The Long winter that followed, famously ending the Mongols at Samarqand, was most certainly an Impact winter." ~ Lecture from the Imperial university of Konstantinopol, 1934 AD
A quote from the book, A history of western Europe. The events caused by the great burning would lead to a long stagnation period in the nations mentioned followed by a longer period of decline leading to the colonisation race being dominated by The Kalmar union, Portugal, Morroco and Al aundus.

"Intercity, We're getting there".

"Intercity, We're getting there".
From a 2010 advertisement for Intercity Express Rail, a train service that ran from New York City to Washington D.C from 2010 to 2014. Advertised as being a service on par with Amrail’s Acela train line, in truth the service was plagues with constant delays, poor quality service (the ‘quality meals’ promised by ads was, in the words of one traveller, “a fucking overpriced snack vending machine” and the seats were old and cracked) and hostile staff. The company went under after a congressional investigation turned up the fact that the train service was being used By the Mafia as a money laundering operation, and the route was snapped up by Amrail in 2011 and added to the Acela line.

“Dammit! Give peace a chance! Or at least stand still!”

“Dammit! Give peace a chance! Or at least stand still!”
The words uttered by the assassin Jacob Smith before deciding to kill UK Prime Minister Byron Loews-Burnett at the extraordinary UN Security Council session to avoid escalation of the Indo-Chinese border conflict into a full blown World War. The constant ramping up of tensions and responses had caused both side to recruit allies, leading to the eventual development of an international system that frighteningly resembled nothing so much as 1914 Europe. With only the UK not formally committed to either faction, Leows-Burnett was accepted by both sides as the key to war or peace, depending on how (and if) he would commit the UK to either side, or to continued neutrality. Smith had secreted a bomb under the chair for the PM at the Security Council table, and-as one of the UN's real time translators-was close enough to set it off with a remote control. As the session unfolded (as he later testified), "Loews-Burnett opened the session with a surprisingly moderate address, which heartened me and gave me hope that war might still be averted. As discussions between the parties began, however, he several times became agitated and paced around the Council chamber, threatening to ally the UK with first one faction, then the other. These outbursts only raised tensions but when he calmed down and returned to his seat, he was able to put forth proposals that the warring parties seemed ready to adopt to avert war. But then he would grow impatient, rise from his seat again, and start the entire process of dismantling all his progress and bringing the world ever closer to war than before. I really believe that if he had not kept losing his temper, the session could have concluded with a peaceful resolution to the crisis. But his bouts of anger were going to, instead, I feared, push the parties past the brink-a brink we would all fall over. I could not decide whether to go through with my plan and risk removing his influence for peace; or to let things play out, and risk a horrible war. I finally gave vent to my frustrations, which were heard over the member's headphones. In a moment as eyes turned to each other to find out who had said something so provocative, I knew that I had, in my temper, destroyed the work of the Council to maintain peace. As I saw Leows-Burnett beginning to rise from his chair, I knew that things would now go from bad to irretrievably worse. Before he could say anything, I pressed the button."

"By God's own right hand, I shall bring peace. Though kingdoms fall, nations perish, and numberless generations mourn; I shall bring peace to the land-without bloodshed, without war, without death."

Last edited:
"By God's own right hand, I shall bring peace. Though kingdoms fall, nations perish, and numberless generations mourn; I shall bring peace to the land-without bloodshed, without war, without death."
The opening lines of the Esrebel's soliloquy to Ben Jonson's lost play, The Green Sword, or Esrebel the Eternal. The play focuses on the fall and rise of Esrebel, who starts off as a disgraced corporal of Hannibal after defecting to the Romans in the light of the Carthaginian Empire's victory over Rome. In this soliloquy, Esrebel describes his intentions after being introduced by Roman rebels against Punic occupation. The play was based on a minor account in Bedel-Tanith's histories written for Carthaginian royalty, and was considered lost until the play was reconstructed based on surviving fragments and references.

"Censorship was always a regular and major issue affecting the release of anime games in the West. Licensors had to edit content in order to comply with local standards and regulations regarding the depiction of characters. For example, Otaku Publishing changed the age of Merne, the maid girl and companion of the protagonist in Floreal, to avoid the game from being deemed 'obscene' under UK laws."
-- An Unabridged History of Anime Games (2020) by Cynthia Wu and Hannah Everheart.

"Censorship was always a regular and major issue affecting the release of anime games in the West. Licensors had to edit content in order to comply with local standards and regulations regarding the depiction of characters. For example, Otaku Publishing changed the age of Merne, the maid girl and companion of the protagonist in Floreal, to avoid the game from being deemed 'obscene' under UK laws."
-- An Unabridged History of Anime Games (2020) by Cynthia Wu and Hannah Everheart.
This is an excerpt from the 18th chapter of An Unabridged History of Anime Games, which covers the effect of censorship laws on the release of anime games in the West.

Sobriety, sex appeal and 'Dark Brandon' with Hunter Biden
The US President talks with Bryony Gordon on the Mad World podcast about recovering from addiction.

The US President talks with Bryony Gordon on the Mad World podcast about recovering from addiction.
The opening of an episode of The Mad World podcast, during which US President Hunter Biden, Former Colorado Governor and son of former President Joe Biden was interviewed by Bryony Gordon. Biden gave an honest interview discussing his issues with addiction that came after his father's passing in 2008 due to an aneurysm, and he maintained his sobriety despite a high stress job.

"Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need." - James B. Weaver

"Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need." - James B. Weaver
An apocryphal quote often attributed to James B. Weaver in the wake of his successful deadlocking of the 1892 US Presidential Election. It's unlikely that this quote was ever actually said, as it's first occurrence seems to be from an internet meme posted in 2009.

"So you're telling me a President Bush was succeeded by a President Clinton in 1992 who was succeeded by another President Bush in 2000 who was succeeded by another President Clinton in 2008 who was succeeded by another President Bush in 2016. I thought this place was supposed to be democracy!"

"So you're telling me a President Bush was succeeded by a President Clinton in 1992 who was succeeded by another President Bush in 2000 who was succeeded by another President Clinton in 2008 who was succeeded by another President Bush in 2016. I thought this place was supposed to be democracy!"
A american tourist from Kaiserworld commenting on the status of american politics in versaille world. Kaiserworld americans would find it strange that despite not having a 2nd civil war and winning 2 world world wars and a cold war Versaille world US somehow turned into 2 party system state... and one either dominated by a Clinton or a Bush.

"But I do not run a jam factory".

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
This is an excerpt from the 18th chapter of An Unabridged History of Anime Games, which covers the effect of censorship laws on the release of anime games in the West.

Please confine current politics to Chat.

"But I do not run a jam factory".
One of many iconic lines from Steven speilberg's 1985 film The Golden Ticket which was based on the famous Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The quote is in refrence to when Violet becomes a blueberry and one of the parents comments on whether or not she'll be made into a pie or of jelly, he said "Jam is more likely, but I do not run a jam factory. [Calls over Oompa Loompa] Please take our lovely blue berry to the de-juicing room, don't worry everyone she'll be back to normal soon." Christopher Lloyd's preformance as the first Willy Wonka set the standard for the character, one that actors such as Jim Carrey couldn't beat in his remake.

"“Donald Trump? The actor and business man? Then who's vice-president? Arnold Schwarzenegger?"

"“Donald Trump? The actor and business man? Then who's vice-president? Arnold Schwarzenegger?"
A line from the 1998 film "Back to the Future", where protagonist Martin McFly (played by Leo DiCaprio) tries to convince Doc Brown (played by Dick Van Dyke), that he is from the future, alluding to the 1996 election over of Donald Trump over as President of the United States. In 1994, the nation entered chaos when President Bill Clinton would be assassinated by Ronald Gene Barbour, leaving Al Gore in charge. The subsequent despondency and strife (especially following some controversial statements by Newt Gingrich, who would be ousted from office as a result) would leave a vaccum for the Reform Party to rise. While the party was created by Ross Perot, the 1996 would be none other than Donald Trump, the prominent mogul and occasional actor. Having considered Perot a mentor, he threw his hat in the ring and ran on a mix of populism and getting support from both sides. Traditionally GOP-affiliated donors buoyed him as they had little faith in Bob Dole winning. While Gore did his best, he lacked the charisma of his successor and his running mate in Lieberman soured him with progessives.

Trump would win the Presidency in 1996 with Oprah Winfrey as running mate. Trump become have a somewhat controversial presidency due to his somewhat belligerent attitude toward many politicians along with a mixed track record. He would terminate NAFTA as one of his first acts along with tax cuts for the wealthy, though he would go to push for auditing the military along with push for healthcare reform. On foreign affairs, he worked to grow relations with Russia and China, though this came with accusations of ties over for his business. Ultimately though, he would losing in the 2000 election against Democrat Paul Wellstone (who was convinced to run), which many attributed over to the Republicans recovering under George W. Bush as the Republican candidate. Despite this, this left an impact on politics as the Reform Party became a viable third party, especially as the Republica Party stuggled against them. The 2000s would be a decade of disaste and hope as President Wellstone would deal with 9/11 along with the capture of Osama Bin Laden later in the year and the restoration of the old Afghan monarchy. Wellstone would oversee the implementation of America's healthcare program (modeled after Australia's system) along with raising wages and dealing with the 2008 Great Recession. Trump would later end up arrested over various cases of financial fraud while the Reform Party would become the home of former Democrats and other independents. The Reform Party briefly returned to power under President Winfrey in 2016-2024. Humorously enough, ex-President Trump applauded her success over in prison.

"The conversion of the Imazighen (known as Berbers at the time) into Catholicism by the Spanish succeeded thanks to a combination of factors, notably exploiting the Amazighs being second-class citizens to the Muslim Afro-Arabs, with the Spanish painting them as invasive outsiders."

"The conversion of the Imazighen (known as Berbers at the time) into Catholicism by the Spanish succeeded thanks to a combination of factors, notably exploiting the Amazighs being second-class citizens to the Muslim Afro-Arabs, with the Spanish painting them as invasive outsiders."
A line from the history book, The Sun of Iberia by Thomas G. Collins. Instead of funding expeditions to discover alternate routes of reaching Asia for the purpose of acquiring spices and other commodities, King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Castile funded military expeditions against the Muslim kingdoms in North Africa to prevent the reversal of the Reconquista and establish hegemony over the Mediterranean.

The newly-formed Kingdom of Spain invaded the polities of the Marinids, the Tlemcen, and parts of the Hafsids over the course of three decades. These wars were known as the Maghreb Wars, which involved over 10,000 Spanish soldiers led by the Genoese crusader, Christopher Columbus, against the armies of the three kingdoms in several battles which ended with the Muslim kingdoms defeated. The Spanish began settling in the recently-conquered areas, referred to as the 'Hinterland to the South', with colonists seizing abandoned property and expropriating the spoils of conquest.

Yet, the conquests would have not been possible if not for the collaboration of ethnic and religious minorities alongside the downtrodden masses in the Muslim kingdoms. They suffered slavery and religious persecuted by the ruling Sultan and the aristocracy. Because of such animosity and resentment, the Spanish were able to persuade them into joining in their wars of conquest against the kingdoms they were being oppressed by. They saw the Spanish as outsiders against a common enemy and a liberator. Hence, they converted into Catholicism and adopted Spanish ways en masse following the conquest of each kingdom.

"We know by experience that nationalist movements of the Safan always fall under the strings of Falangists and thusly become burros for the Brown Menace to infiltrate Tibecuador. Although Stalin and Blokhin were the greatest enemies to the Germans, the Italians, and the French, they were probably the greatest heroes to the Russians. If cruelty and violence is necessary to stop these movements, therefore, we have prepared an unmarked charnel house for 80,000 Indio militants and the caciques who lead them."

"We know by experience that nationalist movements of the Safan always fall under the strings of Falangists and thusly become burros for the Brown Menace to infiltrate Tibecuador. Although Stalin and Blokhin were the greatest enemies to the Germans, the Italians, and the French, they were probably the greatest heroes to the Russians. If cruelty and violence is necessary to stop these movements, therefore, we have prepared an unmarked charnel house for 80,000 Indio militants and the caciques who lead them."
Comments on the world conflict known as the Global stalemate 1945 - 1972 between the forces of falangism and communism. Falangism would come to dominate much of Western Europe only to violently callapse in on itself in the late 60s and early 70s after decades of socal and cultural opression. This marked the triumph of communism as the dominant ideology on the world stage.

“Fine, have it your way, you good doing phonies, I hope you all rot in hell… see ya next Tuesday”.

Comments on the world conflict known as the Global stalemate 1945 - 1972 between the forces of falangism and communism. Falangism would come to dominate much of Western Europe only to violently callapse in on itself in the late 60s and early 70s after decades of socal and cultural opression. This marked the triumph of communism as the dominant ideology on the world stage.

“Fine, have it your way, you good doing phonies, I hope you all rot in hell… see ya next Tuesday”.
Al Capone to the prosecution during his 1927 trial for murder and violation of the Volstead Act. A notorious gangster and bootlegger with fingers in every crooked operation in Chicago, Capone seemed untouchable by the police and federal government until he bungled the Saint Valentine’s Day Massacre. What ahould have been a quick, easy elimination of his rivals in the rumrunning business turned into what the press described as “The Crime of the Century” when faulty incormation led to him and his associates bombing a church wedding rather than the expected Sunday mass that he had intended to hit. With his associates double-crossing him and going to the fed to save their own skins Capone soon found himself going on trial. He was found guilty, though sentencing wouldn’t be until the following Tuesday.
*Explosion*
“Plankton!”
“I’m here for the Krabby Patty secret formula Krabs!”
“All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. *Mantra repeats in background*”
“What’s the matter with SpongeBob?”
“Don’t moind him, he just drank an entire gallon a’ Sugarpop Soda.”
“A gallon!?”
“A literal gallon. Out of a milk jug. I don’t even know where he got it from considerin’ I don’t even sell the stuff-“
“Mister Krabs! I need you to tell me that I can leave the Krusty Krab if I want to!”
“*Sighs* SpongeBob ya can leave th’ Krusty Kra-“
“YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! *pauses* All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares….”

Al Capone to the prosecution during his 1927 trial for murder and violation of the Volstead Act. A notorious gangster and bootlegger with fingers in every crooked operation in Chicago, Capone seemed untouchable by the police and federal government until he bungled the Saint Valentine’s Day Massacre. What ahould have been a quick, easy elimination of his rivals in the rumrunning business turned into what the press described as “The Crime of the Century” when faulty incormation led to him and his associates bombing a church wedding rather than the expected Sunday mass that he had intended to hit. With his associates double-crossing him and going to the fed to save their own skins Capone soon found himself going on trial. He was found guilty, though sentencing wouldn’t be until the following Tuesday.
*Explosion*
“Plankton!”
“I’m here for the Krabby Patty secret formula Krabs!”
“All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. *Mantra repeats in background*”
“What’s the matter with SpongeBob?”
“Don’t moind him, he just drank an entire gallon a’ Sugarpop Soda.”
“A gallon!?”
“A literal gallon. Out of a milk jug. I don’t even know where he got it from considerin’ I don’t even sell the stuff-“
“Mister Krabs! I need you to tell me that I can leave the Krusty Krab if I want to!”
“*Sighs* SpongeBob ya can leave th’ Krusty Kra-“
“YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! *pauses* All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. All squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares….”
The infamous episode "Not All Rectangles" of SpongeBob when the show switched from 2-D to 3-d animation in 2009. The episode is famous also for introducing Squidward's ex-wife and a cameo from former president George W. Bush. Although contraversial when it aired it did become a cult-favorite among fans.

"Do you William Clinton take Monica Lewinsky to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Do you William Clinton take Monica Lewinsky to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
Prince William Clinton of the United Kingdom of America marrying Republic of Britiain immigrant Monica Lewinksy. Despite marrying what would have been considered a commoner William was still able to accend to the throne to become King William the first. This was due to the fact that unlike european monarchies the UKA was founded on the principles of enlightened constitutional monarchism which in theory held common folk in more higher regard than other monarchies.

“I hate Communism”, “Of course you hate Communism Ma you were raised a fascist”.

mr morbius

Kicked
“I hate Communism”, “Of course you hate Communism Ma you were raised a fascist”.
Anecdotal quote by Amerikaner Volksrepublik Chairman Wilhelm Stone, included in his autobiography ,,The Hammer and the Stone". His mother was a member of the American Silver Legion and staunch supporter of Great Leader Pelley's Government, and had a vendetta against communists after Red Militias executed her parents for ,,treason" as an excuse to steal their property, durring the Second Civil War. Stone would eventualy join the ,,Democratic Youth"'s left wing, becoming one of the Legion's most vocal oppossitionists and, after their fall, the leader of the Far Left in the short lived Second United States. Durring the Third Civil War he'd rise through the ranks once more, eventualy being elected Chairman durring the First Redeemed KPAV-R Congress. He would eventualy invite his senile mother to the District of Freedonia (formerly the District of Columbia) and have a chat with her, durring which she'd finnaly realize he's a Communist and, allegedly, the afformentioned conversation would happen.

However, modern sources cite a lack of any solid evidence his mother ever visited D.F. or that she even was alive after the Third Civil War - most ,,proof" is sketchy at best due to the devastation the Browning Purges caused to the AVR's archives.

Next: ,,As He died to give man fire, let us die to keep man clean!"

"As he died to give man fire, let us die to keep man clean!" - Chancellor Joseph Broz Tito of the All-Balkan Orthodox Worker's Federation in his speech succeeding Chancellor Nikola Tesla on his passing. In the 1941 speech, the resources of the Federation were being marshaled to fight against both Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Soviet Union, working in partnership with the Allies in WW2.

"If being Black means being a n****r, then I renounce my Blackness. I apologize for the chaos and destruction I have caused since the days of what I believed were a struggle for freedom. I was wrong, so dreadfully wrong, and now millions have been murdered in their mother's wombs and millions more victims of crime and addiction, and now disgraceful violence and riot have once more been carried out in my name. May God forgive me." - Surviving his assassination attempt in 1968, this was the most inflammatory portion of MLK Jr.'s suicide note in the wake of the Rodney King Jr. riots in 1992, wherein the National Guard was not called in by President Dukakis, and racial violence and mass vigilantism swept across Los Angeles and spread through much of metropolitan California in 1992 and into 1993 and 1994. Only under threat of impeachment did President Dukakis bring in the National Guard to quell the civil unrest and California was put under martial law until 1995, revoked by President Ross Perot who would narrowly win against Bob Dole and Michael Dukakis in 1992.

"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand. The Poles learned this lesson once; we will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.”

"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand. The Poles learned this lesson once; we will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.”
Citizen György, former Hungarian Ambassador to the United Nations, to the UN Security Council immediately on Hungary's annexation by Poland following the Second Poland/Hungary War of 1959.

Hungary would be liberated in 1961 following the assassination of the insane Polish Emperor, Krzysztof, by Polish Prime Minister Piotr Kowalski.

"Pompey Magnus never surrendered! And neither shall I! You are not Rome, Tiberius! I am Rome!"

Prince William Clinton of the United Kingdom of America marrying Republic of Britiain immigrant Monica Lewinksy. Despite marrying what would have been considered a commoner William was still able to accend to the throne to become King William the first. This was due to the fact that unlike european monarchies the UKA was founded on the principles of enlightened constitutional monarchism which in theory held common folk in more higher regard than other monarchies.
Ngl the idea of "Common folk" being higher isn't really plausible considering the early US had its own pseudo aristocracy, or at least something that could become one should an American Kingdom have been created. The Southern Planters almost certainly would have pushed for aristocratic titles of their own.

And with the religious notions surrounding a monarchy, there might be a huge controversy regarding her being of a Jewish background (she's of Russian Jewish descent), whereas this monarchy would be styled around England/the UK which by law only affords the throne to Anglicans.

"Pompey Magnus never surrendered! And neither shall I! You are not Rome, Tiberius! I am Rome!"
Following Germanicus' defiance and subsequent Caesarian style conquest of much of Germania, the Emperor in his jealously and insecurity of his position, conspired against the heroic general. And once Tiberius Caesar's plot to assassinate Germanicus was foiled, an enraged Germanicus after being acclaimed Imperator atop his soldier's shields, marched upon Rome.

Tiberius tried to rally legions in support of him and succeeded to a degree, but most people supported Germanicus, and seizing upon the opportunity provided to him, disgruntled Senators and a mob of angry citizens rose up in favor of Germanicus leading to a riot against Sejanus and the Praetorian Guards.

That line was spoken by Germanicus during their initial parley where Tiberius, delusional about his own position, tried to negotiate Germanicus's surrender. Germanicus firmly rebuked his predecessor pointing out how he embodied the will of the Senate and People of Rome.

"And why should I support your claim to the throne? I'd be risking the lives of my men, as well as my wealth, for you a princeling who couldn't even muster up support in the land he was born in. Why instead of toasting their cups to your name, and praying for your return, men clink their cups laughing at you, as well as the pathetic way your House fell. Your time is now over Your Highness. And now as your loving uncle I urge you for once in your life to make the wise and more prudent choice. Instead of throwing your life away, enjoy your cushy life here in exile as your family peacefully fades away into the dust bin of history."