Experimental Logical Colo(u)r Scheme

Would anyone be interested in creating a colo(u)r scheme where all the RBG values are decided from a certain list?

For example, you could have it such that R represents political system, B represents religion, and G represents what country it actually is. Or whatever. I wouldn't be pushing this as an actual color scheme to really use, but it could be an interesting experiment.

Any thoughts?

I was thinking of something similar, but more for politics: one value is for social control and one for economic control, and the third for the country itself.

I was thinking of something similar, but more for politics: one value is for social control and one for economic control, and the third for the country itself.

I support this idea. If we need religion, we can put that on a different scheme, maybe with R representing the religion and B the degree to which that religion is enforced (or suppressed) by the state.

Sound like a promising concept, to convey different dimension with the different pigment contents.

I wouldn't try to give each country its own value in one of the channels though;
this makes more sense for cartograms which show three categories and their combination.

This is best suitable if the three criteria are on a continuous scale;
therefore "religion" is not very appropriate, but
"how much does government rely on religion to justify its rule" or
"how much power does government have over religion" do, in case you can quantify that in some way.

Not a bad idea, although I wouldn't be surprised if the final result was sort of ugly.

That being said, might I suggest...

R= Foreign policy: pacifism > aggression
G= Economic policy: laissez-faire > central control
B= Social policy: libertarian > state-enforced morality

I thought of this for the political systems colour scheme thread. It won't make for the most detailed/accurate representation but I still think it'd be useful.

Not a bad idea, although I wouldn't be surprised if the final result was sort of ugly.

That being said, might I suggest...

R= Foreign policy: pacifism > aggression
G= Economic policy: laissez-faire > central control
B= Social policy: libertarian > state-enforced morality

Would not work, as multiple natiosn colors would slowly change over time (Western Europe, Japan, Latin America, Middle East).