Expansionist Sarawak?

Under what circumstances could the White Rajah of Sarawak, either under the leadership of James Brooke or one of his successors leader the kingdom on a land grabbing adventure in South East Asia from 1842 onward?
Which lands could they've realistically conquered in this time frame?

Under what circumstances could the White Rajah of Sarawak, either under the leadership of James Brooke or one of his successors leader the kingdom on a land grabbing adventure in South East Asia from 1842 onward?

Half of Borneo, north of the equator. Maybe some Natuna Island. That's it. If he institute reform, especially economic one and expand his military, maybe his grandson can swipe whole Borneo by the end of WW2, especially before Indonesia establishes themselves.

How could they have expanded more? Wasn't the rest of Borneo Dutch? All they could take was Brunei itself right?

No problem at all. What do you have in mind?

Maybe Charles Brooke can swipe all of Brunei, there's an earlier discovery of oil. The Brookes invest heavily in roads, education, and infrastructure with special emphasis on making Kuching competitive with Singapore and Hong Kong, all helped along by the oil revenue. The Japanese still take Sarawak but with heavy resistance etc etc. maybe after war Sarawak can get their hands on Subah. It doesn't have to be a Huge wank. I'm just so intrigued by their later devotion to their people, and their uncanny way of being able to play being a quai-protectorate/independent nation all while being foregn rulers that were seemingly adored by their people. Even today I see comments by Sarawakians who wish to be independent rather than be under Malaysia. Its just interesting is all.

Well, Vyner kinda wasted his father effort by not continuing his policies. Maybe if Charles daughter or the twins survived, the outcome might be different.

Half of Borneo, north of the equator. Maybe some Natuna Island. That's it. If he institute reform, especially economic one and expand his military, maybe his grandson can swipe whole Borneo by the end of WW2, especially before Indonesia establishes themselves.

Surely you mean his grandnephew? I don't think he had a child let alone grandchild.

To the OP,

the Brookes were already expansionist and involved in a lot of "land grabbing adventure" IOTL. James Brooke was only granted a small tract of land when he was first appointed Rajah and the Sarawak's landmass today is the result of subsequent multi-generational land grabbing by the Brookes.

Surely you mean his grandnephew? I don't think he had a child let alone grandchild.

To the OP,

the Brookes were already expansionist and involved in a lot of "land grabbing adventure" IOTL. James Brooke was only granted a small tract of land when he was first appointed Rajah and the Sarawak's landmass today is the result of subsequent multi-generational land grabbing by the Brookes.
I think the question is how much of southeast Asia in total could they grab. Me...I'm guessing all of Borneo, and maybe sulu, If it's not given to the Philippines. Maharaj's of Borneo would become the more appropriate title thereafter.