Expanded British South America?

I've run into writer's block for a TL of mine that involves a newly created Western British Empire meddling in the collapsing territories of the Spanish Empire in the Americas. I'm looking for suggestions and plausibilities of how best to allow the Western British Empire to expand in South America with a minimum of conflict with the Spanish Empire and those who rebel against the Spanish Empire.

I would greatly appreciate any help/tips/advice/ideas any of you might have for such a venture. The POD is that in the wake of the War of 1812, there are those in Canada who push for British North America to become a single entity which through some dumb luck and sheer craziness ends up becoming a Kingdom in 1817. Already in those two years, there has been a massive swelling of immigration(some of it forced) and upgrading the army and defences across the young country. Looking to expand, they turn to the chaos that is South America with curious eyes.

Thanks again for your help.

Sachyriel

Banned
Brazil, and Protugal need to be antiwanked, not totally screwed, but you'd have to make Brazil have less territory. So get Portugal some more wine, a good harv est one year leads to more money to import/export the stuff to Brazil, leading to some drama about this guy, his wife, his brother, two donkeys and who is the father of this child in his house and someone gets killed. In OTL it was that important political guy I should be name dropping but can not spell correctly. I gtg, but don't pick on just the Spanish, pick on the Portuguese as well.

Brazil, and Protugal need to be antiwanked, not totally screwed, but you'd have to make Brazil have less territory. So get Portugal some more wine, a good harv est one year leads to more money to import/export the stuff to Brazil, leading to some drama about this guy, his wife, his brother, two donkeys and who is the father of this child in his house and someone gets killed. In OTL it was that important political guy I should be name dropping but can not spell correctly. I gtg, but don't pick on just the Spanish, pick on the Portuguese as well.

But wouldn't it make more sense to have Brazil wanked since the Western British Empire could use a serious ally in South America? As for picking on the Spanish, I planned to mostly mess with Patagonia/Argentina, Ecuador and Venezuela.

The logistics of this make me cringe...:eek:

On a more serious note, you probably need an earlier POD. Pretty far earlier. Suffice it to say that British attempts to conquer various Spanish possessions in South America didn't fare so well.

Sachyriel

Banned
But wouldn't it make more sense to have Brazil wanked since the Western British Empire could use a serious ally in South America? As for picking on the Spanish, I planned to mostly mess with Patagonia/Argentina, Ecuador and Venezuela.

Nope, as awesome as having Allies is the reality is that you can't put up with a rivalry like that, Brazil dominates most of the Continent, you have to make them smaller in order to increase the British at the cost of the Spanish. If you don't then the Brazilians and Portuguese will take advantage of the situation involving even weaker than OTL neighbours.