Europe First Policy in WWII reversed.

Suppose to say, the Allies gets bogged down in Europe after the Normandy landing, with increasing losses to Allies each and every day. (Now this requires Germany to not be in war with the USSR, or other POD) I don't know if this is plausible, but PLEASE stick to what I will say below.

Naturally, Churchill would like to have more American men and equipment at Europe. However, as days passes, it becomes clear that Hitler and company would not be brought down too easily. Furthermore, the Allies have reached their maximum extent in the Pacific, and to be able to finish Japan as planned, the US must pour in additional planes and men in the area. The Japanese are also increasingly getting ferocious as the Americans are closing in on the Home Islands, which increase American body bags in the Pacific.

Would it be possible that Roosevelt or Truman tells Churchill to shut up and stay on the defensive in Europe, finish Japan first, then return to finish the job with Hitler?

And let us also suppose that nukes are, delayed for a year and a half due to unforeseen circumstances to spur civil discussions. :)

by the time of the Normandy landing June 1944 Japan was already on the ropes and being strangled by the submarine fleet it would make more sense to put them on hold to defeat the Nazi menace with the fear of the Germans Wonder weapons V1, V2, and the ME262 had just shown up, the Allies wanted Germany out of the war

Tbh, the Japanese were being defeated in a mainly naval war. The US was able to support both Macarthur and Nimitz's pacific thrusts whilst simultaneouly supporting a large ground force in western europe. The actual ground forces required in the Pacific were (relatively speaking) actually very small.

End result, Japan is still blockaded in her home islands. In short, the answer to your question is a flat out no. Germay was always regarded (rightly so) as being the far more dangerous of the opponents. Whilst, at various times OTL the Americans threatened to put Japan first they never actually had any intention of doing so. If things were as dire in europe as you maintain then it becomes all the more important to defeat Hitler first, the little yellow oriental fellows can wait whilst the more dangerous white europeans are defeated in detail (or so the general consensus would be at the time anyway:rolleyes:).