Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

Allerlande

Banned
Played a game as the cape colony starting 1836 in the Extended Timeline mod. Instead of just showing you the screenshot, I thought I'd make a UCS to help make it a little less crazy. Not saying much though

Fought a war of independence early, and had to tweak the game files early so I didn't have to play as "Cape Colony" indefinitely, and instead form South Africa. I took EU's colonisation mechanics that list all colonised African provinces as my culture to mean we're an evil apartheid empire displacing the native populations. What is EU IV if not a genocide simulator?

Britain lost a lot of ground in India, and failed to hold Australia to itself. (Which for some reason the coastline does not all belong to Britain in 1836.) There was for a time a Sulu colony on the North East of the continent.

Light orange is native autonomy areas, and dark are territories. My own spin of course. Namibia is majority Portuguese, though.

Date is currently 1900. Link to original mapmode screenshot, inc. culture; http://imgur.com/OvWjgCE,XsS8hR5

Note;

• Norwegian Africa, and Norwegian occupied American Africa.
  • Irish and Ottoman East Africa.
  • Belgian Africa
  • Britiain-Hannover
  • The state to my North West is actually a free Portuguese colony, my biggest rival in the region.
  • Spanish India and Australia. (They're doing very well.)
  • Imploded France's Somalia and Ogaden.
  • Qing Empire getting a kicking.
  • USA getting a kicking.

EU IV 1900.png

I'm learning stuff everyday, and new iterations of the next expansion's map are helping.

Many oversimplifications like united Manchus or Incas in 1444 are gone. Wait till you see West Africa. Fun times.

And the trade node revamp is just glorious. :)

Allerlande

Banned

So now it's 1950.

Any ideas where I should take South Africa next?

North America
Canada has fought a successful war of independence.
America has wrestled its territory back from Mexico and a little more.
Barbados defected to me. :D

South America
Brazil.
Mistake made in the last map - Peru is and was a Spanish colony.

Europe
France shrinks some more. The power in France is shifting towards Auvergene. (I think. I can't remember what the name of the state in the South East/North West Italy. :eek: )
Austria is about to go the way of France.
Prussia is the premier power on the continent, Russia looks big but is constantly racked by revolts and revolutions.
The Ottomans have effectively been expelled from Europe, incl. their capitol.

Africa
The breakaway Portuguese colony in the Congo takes orders from me, and is reliant on me. Any attempt to break away will result in the capitol in being taken as I border it, and being cut off from the see via the Congo river.
Madagascar is a protectorate.
I have robbed Turkey and France of their colonies in East Africa, though the former, as little as it was required me to occupy Mecca, Egypt and Palestine. :confused:
Nigeria has formed after breaking off from under Portuguese lordship, and has become quite successful, with my meddling.

Asia
I'm doing my best to extend my influence into the Middle East, esp. by vassalising Najd, the greatest oil producer in the world, and taking control of the Bab-el-Mandeb straights.
Britain has had success in retaming India, despite doing terribly elsewhere.
China is also going to go the way of France.
Britain loses Borneo, the Netherlands also loses ground.
Brazil doing well in Australasia.

Some other things I forget. As before, the original map screenshot; http://i.imgur.com/4PnJRcA.png

EU IV 1950.png

Would anyone here be up to playing an AH.com multiplayer game? We could go vanilla or with mods (personally, I think warring states is one of the better ones)

Stonewall

Banned
Europa Gooniversalis is broken in a few places, like some of the china decisions. Still, I totally love it and I would love to play a MP game of it, I have a fixed version we can use if its still an issue

Art of War is fantastic, if for no other reason than it makes playing something that isn't Europe worthwhile. You can do more now than just fill space until the Portuguese or someone come along and steal all your trade.

Also, a quick question: regarding the new formable nation Arabia, A) will it retain the national ideas of whoever forms it and B) if I do so wit Najd would it still be possible to go for the Jihad achievement?

I just realized how the government reforms for the Native Americans makes sense (in that manpower and income drop like a rock after reforming): the huge loss of manpower and income accounts for the European diseases introduced into the continent! It's kind of grim when you think about it...