Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

It is activated

Open it up, then click start a new game. Switch over to view the national borders and you should see that is is there. The first time I imported a game I thought something was wrong because I didn't see any difference, but it had worked fine.

Behold the Fox, rightful rulers of Japan, Australia, and North America. Also, Britain & France just partitioned Italy and Scandanavia (formerly Denmark) & France both own parts of Great Britain.

2m5mp2r.png

Faeelin

Banned
Anyone have any advice on merchants?
I have 9 merchants, and they are in: 1) Lubeck, 2) Baltic, 3) Hudson Bay; 4) Chespeake; 5) Louisiana; 6) Caribbean; 7) Novgorod; 8) Antwerp; 9) Somewhere in Central Europe.

I just got the East India company, but I only own North America north of Mexico. The Caribbean is Spanish.

Should I spread my merchants out? I am making about 180 a month with my light ships and merchants in place, but I'm wondering if I don't need merchants in the Americas if I own the territory via CN anyway.

Impressive.

What is your historical relationship with the Holy Roman Empire? Did you fight many wars with them in the Middle Ages? What are your plans regarding them during the Age of Enlightenment?

Never fought a single war with them at all. I married them, I married the Byzantines, and I married the Ilkhanate (christian back then) when they were all at their prime to prevent wars. I eventually did end up fighting the Ilkhanate but by that time they were weaker (and had switched to Sunni).

My plan is to colonize the shit out of America and South America with nothing left for the other powers while in the east I absorb Ruthenia and then battle the Qawzin and Ilkhanate.

HellHound01

Banned
Never fought a single war with them at all. I married them, I married the Byzantines, and I married the Ilkhanate (christian back then) when they were all at their prime to prevent wars. I eventually did end up fighting the Ilkhanate but by that time they were weaker (and had switched to Sunni).

My plan is to colonize the shit out of America and South America with nothing left for the other powers while in the east I absorb Ruthenia and then battle the Qawzin and Ilkhanate.

Really no single state can challenge you.

Except maybe a centralized HRE or Russia if its ever formed.

Hilarious moment for me:

Burgundy, Austria and Aragon were duking it out in the mother of all wars, with the former trying to take Gelre (but never bothering to invade it). After four years of bloodshed, misery and destruction, and what did it ammount to? Utrecht just waltzes in halfway through and snatches Gelre right from under their noses, while they continue fighting, completely oblivious.

Oh, and Livonian Order is still an order despite being a republic by now.

Last edited:
East Frisian Nationalists have spawned......in Holstein.

Genius.

German nationalists revolt in Lucania every 2-3 years so I have an army seating on it

Forgot the pics, but

I conquered (ITTL) Finland, took a few provinces from Poland in a war, and then after conquering half of the Rus for Ruthenia, Ruthania ended the war only getting one province for themselves. Because of that bitch move (and also because now Ruthenia wasn't a suitable rival) I made the Rus one of my rivals.

IN the world of exploration, even though I own Arabia I decided to take years to circle around africa and dock my ship in Arabia, and so begins the East India Trading Company (haven't done the event yet though)

I also colonized about 4 provinces of Africa, but now in the west I'm stuck on tropical provinces.

I am colonizing the Madeiras, Azores, Bermuda, Greenland, and Cuba.

My plan
  1. Get some place in America fully colonized so I can finish the event to get something in North America.
  2. Get sometime in India if possible (last time I checked it was divided between three powers)
  3. Conquer Norway+ and Sweden cause why not?

I've heard of Britwanks but this is borderline ASB. 9 colonies at once and you've still got 24k. Over 200k manpower. What's your force limit? And is there any country in the world which could rival you?

I'd stick catholic. No rivals for the curia means it is probably the best.