Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

The should probably add some sort of clause to that event that changes it based on if France is actually winning that war or not.

I'm in the frustrating situation of being Scotland while the 100 year war has reached a total stalemate - England rules the seas while France holds the mainland, except Calais, but the bastards just won't make peace. So France can't help me if I go toe to toe with England.

Two Hundred-Years War anyone?

Last edited:
I'm trying to play as one of the Irish nations and eventually unite all of Ireland, but the game just refuses to give Tyrone or Leinster a mission to conquer one of my rival provinces. Is something wrong with the game? Its always the same Improve Presige, Papal Relations, Reclaim Meath etc etc missions.

Last edited:
Okay this is seriously frustrating.
I'm trying to play as one of the Irish nations and eventually unite all of Ireland, but the game just refuses to give me a mission to conquer one of my rival provinces. Is something wrong with the game?

When I played as Munster it did give me a mission to conquer another nation, but accepting it wouldn't give me a cassus belli.

Did you try to fabricate a claim on your neighbour's province?

Another thing. Does anyone get that 'Improvements in trade technology' event but when you accept it doesn't give you +50 Diplomatic Skill but still gives you +50% inflation! WTF Paradox?
God damn Austria. Why are they so hard to kill?

I found that out as France the hard way.

Seriously guys, all I wanted was to play Nice... :(

Looks like England's on the verge of being completely overrun by peasant revolts...Does anyone know what happens if peasants control every province in a country?

Looks like England's on the verge of being completely overrun by peasant revolts...Does anyone know what happens if peasants control every province in a country?

Tax Revenue bombs in the affected areas. Becomes more problematic when nationalists are thrown into the mix because they tend to liberate there own nations which in Englands case is Wales and/or Cornwall, Northumberland ect. Which can really cripple there early game in combination.

My converted Aftasid game:

NGk0bdn.jpg

The Pentarchical World Order of al-Andalus, Rome, Persia, India, and China; all with clearly defined spheres of influences (consider that al-Andalus colonized the New World, and China somehow owns a good chunk of Japan).

Deleted member 67076

For those experienced in England-screwing, what's the better investment, an independent Cornwall or Northumberland ?
Cornwall is easier to vassalize and get a foothold on the island, but Northumberland usually lasts longer.

I think I'll go with Northumberland this time, it removes a very productive province from England, and Cornwall can still be carved out in a future war for comparatively little warscore. Plus they have an annoying habit of buddying up with the English. :mad:

Last edited:
1.7 and Res Publica are coming out this week, Wednesday if everything goes well.

Hopefully we did a good job on the betatesting, because the dev team is on mandatory all-July Swedish vacations so any hotfixes will be slower than usual.

I feel 1.7 is quite a bit more fun than 1.6.2, hope you'll all like it. Even if you're not really into Republics or Poland, thing like being able to define a Power focus, interfering with Polish elections as a foreign power, Trade company provinces not needing to be converted anymore, new idea groups and modifiers, ahead of tech boosts, and boosts to rest of the world countries and a bunch of other things are quite nice.

The next DLC will be much bigger sometimes late this fall.

Last edited:
Ok so I exported my Normmandy game, but when I went to EUIV I saw nothing. I probably just forgot where to find it, but where is it?:confused: