Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

I hate France so much, they're just completely unstoppable. An alliance of Great Britain, Austria, Poland and Lithuania can only fight them to a stand still at best.

I second that, in my Muscovy/Russia game they're the ones with the largest army, force limits, manpower and so far can take Austria-Hungary and the entire HRE plus Spain and Portugal alone. (I mean, they have a few vassals but I doubt they actually do anything...)

I think the real problem with them is that they have seemingly bottomless supplies of manpower. I've seen Austria and the Ottomans multiple times, and even Russia, start to struggle because they fight too many wars successively without time to recover. This just doesn't happen to France, who in my game for example have sat at well over 100k manpower for most of the last century, despite frequent bash ups between them and their neighbours.

I think the real problem with them is that they have seemingly bottomless supplies of manpower. I've seen Austria and the Ottomans multiple times, and even Russia, start to struggle because they fight too many wars successively without time to recover. This just doesn't happen to France, who in my game for example have sat at well over 100k manpower for most of the last century, despite frequent bash ups between them and their neighbours.

Pretty much that, every single time. And the worst part is that I'm using Austria as a counter-balance against the Ottomans, who always manage to kick around my armies like they were made of tissue paper (it took me three wars and huge casualties to notice that I had too few artillery:p).

By the way, how can I acquire one of those fancy two-stars generals?

Dirk_Pitt

Banned
How do they make those barbarian kingdoms threatening to Rome with the map constrained like that?

Personally I prefer MEIOU & Taxes(plus Purple Phoenix Arising when I play as the Romans). Smaller time frame(1356-1856), but man does it add to the gameplay and the map is sexy! It does run slow though.

I've also heard VeF is good. I've heard that it's sort of like the poor man's M&T. It expands the time frame from 1309-1865. It also has an alt-History start.

I find Extended time frame to be meh, but it has its merits.

I got the Iberian Wedding event as a Sunni Castille. Now a muslim queen rules Aragon, Naples and Castille, I hope the personal unions lasts.

I've only just got into the game, but I have a serious problem.

It's 1509. I'm France, and Scotland, my ally, declared war on England and I had to join the fight.

Even though I personally did really well in the war, Scotland got its ass kicked so badly by England that our side now as -15% warscore, and the negatives outweigh the positives for making peace.

I'm in a situation where I can't negotiate peace because my ally wont surrender, but I dont have the troops to beat England on their own turf. I can't even call a White Peace ffs!

I'd be really grateful if anyone had any advice for how to get out of this situation, or even just quit the war somehow.

It's 1509. I'm France, and Scotland, my ally, declared war on England and I had to join the fight.

Even though I personally did really well in the war, Scotland got its ass kicked so badly by England that our side now as -15% warscore, and the negatives outweigh the positives for making peace.

I'm in a situation where I can't negotiate peace because my ally wont surrender, but I dont have the troops to beat England on their own turf. I can't even call a White Peace ffs!

I'd be really grateful if anyone had any advice for how to get out of this situation, or even just quit the war somehow.

If you've driven all the English troops off the mainland, I don't think being at war will be much of a problem. England will focus on occupying Scotland and probably finish the war once they occupy all or most of the Scotish provinces. If you kill the English whenever they land in France and wait for the war to end, you should be fine (Scotland however, will not be fine). Is there any reason why you need the war to end immediately?

For some reason the English don't want to occupy Scotland; they'll send some troops to besiege a city or two, then leave again.
England won't be doing any landing due to their navy being on the ocean floor.

I want it over soon because the war's been going for 3 years straight and I have other war plans.

For some reason the English don't want to occupy Scotland; they'll send some troops to besiege a city or two, then leave again.
England won't be doing any landing due to their navy being on the ocean floor.

I want it over soon because the war's been going for 3 years straight and I have other war plans.
Wow. That sounds inconvenient.

Destroy England. Salt their fields and partition the land. It is the only way to avoid it from happening again.

:p

Seriously, England is one of those countries that is an incredible pain in the ass to fight against, but when you are allied to them they become incredibly useless.

Sure is perfidious up in here.

Deleted member 67076

:p

Seriously, England is one of those countries that is an incredible pain in the ass to fight against, but when you are allied to them they become incredibly useless.

Sure is perfidious up in here.
Eh once you land troops on the island you can mop them up easily.

Well England decided to make nice with Scotland and finally gave us Cumbria for peace. What a waste of time.

But I have another problem, my morale seems to run out ridiculously quickly whenever I'm assaulting a province, after two assaults its usually zero. Any idea why this could be?

Well England decided to make nice with Scotland and finally gave us Cumbria for peace. What a waste of time.

But I have another problem, my morale seems to run out ridiculously quickly whenever I'm assaulting a province, after two assaults its usually zero. Any idea why this could be?

Because you're assaulting provinces. Unless the walls are down and/or you outnumber the defenders something like 20 to 1 don't do it.

I'm playing an Ottoman "Let's see how much we can expand" game.

I just had a war against Castille/Portugal that I really should have won but was pulled into it right after another war so I didn't have the manpower to leverage a win.

I decided to start taking a look at the map, see where the blobs are, and decided to see just how much France was expanding... wait what?

E2679902B496BEB152B31718F8F012BDCEF3675B