Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

I usually make four big armies (Africa, Persia, Russia, Europe) and just constantly cycle through wars until the revolt risk goes down enough that I can launch a new one. Colonizing just slows me down.

I'm cycling through wars with my England in three PUs campaign as well as colonizing and keeping ahead in admin tech so my junior partners don't get loose. It can be done but it's true that it splits your focus.

I'm cycling through wars with my England in three PUs campaign as well as colonizing and keeping ahead in admin tech so my junior partners don't get loose. It can be done but it's true that it splits your focus.

England makes sense though, if you can neuter France and slap Spain down you can have almost absolute control of the Americas and become a revenue generating machine.

Faeelin

Banned
6Urk2FG.png

I still find this hilarious.

I don't get it.

How hard would it be to try build a colonial empire as the Ottomans?

Quite easy once you get through Qara Quyounlu (or Iraqi rebels) to the Persian Gulf. I'm doing a bit of it now and I'm out to Diego Garcia before 1500, and from there it's a short hop to Ottoman Australia.

Does colonization cost points other than the idea group and the cash you need to keep the colonists going though?

Quite easy once you get through Qara Quyounlu (or Iraqi rebels) to the Persian Gulf. I'm doing a bit of it now and I'm out to Diego Garcia before 1500, and from there it's a short hop to Ottoman Australia.

Does colonization cost points other than the idea group and the cash you need to keep the colonists going though?

Nice.

Also, how do you 'embrace the Renaissance'?

Nice.

Also, how do you 'embrace the Renaissance'?

1st, you need the renaissance in enough provinces

2nd, you need the required amount of cash

3rd, you need the required amount of monarch points

Since the Ottomans are in Europe, the Renaissance will come to you sooner than it will come to me (1549 as Hindustan, still haven't embraced the Renaissance.)

1st, you need the renaissance in enough provinces

2nd, you need the required amount of cash

3rd, you need the required amount of monarch points

Since the Ottomans are in Europe, the Renaissance will come to you sooner than it will come to me (1549 as Hindustan, still haven't embraced the Renaissance.)
You don't need monarch points to embrace the renaissance.

You can gain institution points in provinces by developing them though. This is the best way to get institutions to appear in other parts of the world. If you develop a province, especially in India and East Asia, it will appear in your region much more quickly than natural spread from Europe.

You don't need monarch points to embrace the renaissance.

You can gain institution points in provinces by developing them though. This is the best way to get institutions to appear in other parts of the world. If you develop a province, especially in India and East Asia, it will appear in your region much more quickly than natural spread from Europe.

Does that require a DLC?

It is the year 1543, the Age of the Reformation. The ever first colonies of Spain, Brittany and France have just been established in the New World.... where they find the freshly independent United States of America, which already controls most of the East Coast and has permanent claims on their new colonies.

My campaign to make America as soon as possible by rushing exploration and colony spamming as England has worked, with a little bit of deliberate sabotage and save switching to make sure the independence war was short and painless.

Maybe I will try and become HRE or something.

Other than min-maxing colonists I'm not really sure what idea groups to get though.

I tipped the balance, you can cross the line twice in what it refers to coalitions, now literally the whole of Europe is out for my blood.

B-29_Bomber

Banned
Things I've learned while playing as the ERE in MEIOU & Taxes:

Never invade Moldavia. They will fuck your shit right up a red wood!

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong:

Whenever I right click on a province or army, the menu that comes from the left opens and closes immediately. Whenever I left click on them, nothing happens.

I am thinking of playing a "random" game. No ironman.

Basically, I will turn on random lucky nations, turn on random new world and the country I will play as will be decided by the "Random Nation" button, and I will play that country for 50 years before switching to another nation also decided by the random nation button. Will anyone be interested?

I am thinking of playing a "random" game. No ironman.

Basically, I will turn on random lucky nations, turn on random new world and the country I will play as will be decided by the "Random Nation" button, and I will play that country for 50 years before switching to another nation also decided by the random nation button. Will anyone be interested?

Alright, started as Cleves. Fully annexed Gelre

Austria demanded unlawful territory and I said "fuck off lol" and they declared war on me and to top it all of another one of my rivals declared war on me after Austria finished off my army and sieged my capital and I quit