Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

The Devs have mentioned that restoring Rome in CKII provides you with a different set of National Ideas in EUIV.

My first game will probably be as superpower Rome. Easy to learn the game when you're too big to fail (I assume), and that continuity is really cool.

He was Portugal in the 1508 bookmark (War of the League of Cambrai?). Portugal started out with all those colonies. I don't even think he made it to 1509 without a massive fiscal crisis blowing up.

Issue is fixed. Not sure if the fix will be in the gold master or the first patch, though. Thanks for the assist.

The Devs have mentioned that restoring Rome in CKII provides you with a different set of National Ideas in EUIV.
Wouldnt get too excited :p My understanding is that most Ck2 countries that dont translate directly may end up with the generic set, or at least, they do by default. So unless someone sits down and writes unique ideas for a converted Roman Empire (which may have happened, dont know), by default said Empire would convert but possibly with generic ideas, which aren't that great. The upside is that its fairly trivial to add new unique ones, at least in English. Its the translation issues that make it complicated.

Wouldnt get too excited :p My understanding is that most Ck2 countries that dont translate directly may end up with the generic set, or at least, they do by default. So unless someone sits down and writes unique ideas for a converted Roman Empire (which may have happened, dont know), by default said Empire would convert but possibly with generic ideas, which aren't that great. The upside is that its fairly trivial to add new unique ones, at least in English. Its the translation issues that make it complicated.

They said in the Converter Video on Youtube that the Jomsvikings and Rome will get unique ideas.