Europa Universalis III

Hamachi for some strange reason won't boot up for me. As far as I know, I've removed everything on my computer that is Hamachi related. I then download the most recent version and when I try to install it, it tells me there's a more recent version available on my computer.

We're both on Mac, btw.

I played a EUIII game to completion today (okay, I did start in 1792 :eek:). Here's the world in 1821:

0V0Rtrx.png

What the actual fuck happened in the Americas. :eek:

Just completed my first game of EU III as Castille/Spain, starting in 1399. In 1779 I got elected as Holy Roman Emperor, and in November 1820 managed to pass the reform that made all HRE members vassals. Here's the world map:

map1.png

So does anyone know some really good LP guides for this game on youtube or the Paradox forums that I could look into? I am thinking about playing this game again.

I know that most people have swapped for EU4, but I think EU3 is great... for it's shear modability. I am currently making a large EU3 mod, and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to help- you don't necessarily need modding skills, just the ability to listen to directions. To show that I'm not just making stuff up, let's have a comparison between Vanilla (bottom) and my Japan. It illustrates two things well: One, that I'm not going to obsess over coastlines yet neglect the much more important inter-province borders like the vanilla map does. Two, that I'm using a projection which is closer to the real thing then vanilla- sure, I exaggerated Europe a bit and all, but it's much less extreme- and so much missing stuff can fit in instead. Plus, the oceans are now a good bit bigger and I've made a point- aided, mind, by a limitation of some software I'm using- to make the majority of islands separate provinces and colonizable. It will make for a much, much more naval oriented game, and an experience much removed from Vanilla's.

lik.png

I can't play EUIV cause of my old computer, so still playing this one. Anyhow, I'm Castilla and I lead a union with Aragon and England (which controls all its starting territory and the Normandy Coast. However, I have a larger military, high prestige. Why does England keep sending me Insults?

I can't play EUIV cause of my old computer, so still playing this one. Anyhow, I'm Castilla and I lead a union with Aragon and England (which controls all its starting territory and the Normandy Coast. However, I have a larger military, high prestige. Why does England keep sending me Insults?
From memory, if they keep the relationship between Castille and themselves low enough, then they have a chance of getting out of the union when the current monarch shuffles off his mortal coil... How far behind are they in terms of prestige?

From memory, if they keep the relationship between Castille and themselves low enough, then they have a chance of getting out of the union when the current monarch shuffles off his mortal coil... How far behind are they in terms of prestige?

My prestige is 72, there's is 25. I have like 28 infantry and 12 cavalry. Overall troops/manpower is only 1,000 higher than theirs. I understand why the insults, which is what I'm trying to avoid. My goal is to inherit as many as possible in Europe by chance or war as possible. So far, I feel I am doing really well.

My prestige is 72, there's is 25. I have like 28 infantry and 12 cavalry. Overall troops/manpower is only 1,000 higher than theirs. I understand why the insults, which is what I'm trying to avoid. My goal is to inherit as many as possible in Europe by chance or war as possible. So far, I feel I am doing really well.
Maybe beefing up your forces a bit will persuade them that they're not going to manage to escape when the head honcho dies? If you can squeeze some more manpower out, of course...

I downloaded the game recently and wanted to do a map of the Middle East as it appeared where I stopped in (Started in 1399) 1480. Not sure how to go about it. Advice wanted.

Specifically with the Steam copy I am using, I am having a lot of trouble creating a sreenshot of the game map. Attempts to use print screen did not work and I have not been able to resize the window to use screen capture software.

Last edited:
@Graham, try pressing F12 in game to get a a world map, or Shift+F12 to get a map of only your empire.

I have only completed a grand campaign in EUIII once, here's a map of it from over a year ago;

The Mughal Empire, as of the eve of 1821
EU3_MAP_MUG_1820.12.31_1.png