Europa Universalis III

No, really. Read some AAR's- Glasgow Kiss is a good one if you enjoy humour. The Wiki is also good, it has factfiles on many events and nations.
Or, press ALT-21... and input cash repeatedly. Or prestige. Or diplomat. :p

scholar

Banned
Putting this here then.

Take a guess who I am and what's going on with the map. :)

1535AD2.png

What is the best mod for EUIII?
IMO I like Death & Taxes mainly because of the map and changes it has. MEIOU makes the game a lot of different and has small provinces, but it's good aside from my nitpicks. Steppe Wolf has a timeline of 5 AD - 2010 AD, but it has bugs and can lag your computer. MPM is also fairly good because it has some new countries, modified maps which is better than vanilla imo, and some minor changes.

I like MEIOU (as you would know if you saw my user title on the Paradox boards!). It's a bit heavy, though, so if your computer already has problems running EUIII, it's probably not recommended.

Anyways, everyone has their own preference, so I would encourage you to experiment. You might find that you like a couple of mods, in different ways.

I'm not very good at this game so I just hop between nations as I'm playing. I started off my first MEIOU game as Denmark and was doing ok until England decided to declare war on me with no CB. The first time I managed to get off just with paying out most of my treasury to them, but as soon as the truce expired they went at me again and nicked a province off me. So I was like "fuck this bullshit" saved the game and started playing as Hungary because they were kicking ass. I haven't ruined them yet.

Stonewall

Banned
If you want a mod that doesn't have drastic changes but adds a lot of sweet events and features, try Miscmods! It pretty much fixes the colonial revolters, makes your colonies change names depending on your country, and adds a bunch of other goodies! Plus, 3 alternate history scenarios too!

If you want a mod that doesn't have drastic changes but adds a lot of sweet events and features, try Miscmods! It pretty much fixes the colonial revolters, makes your colonies change names depending on your country, and adds a bunch of other goodies! Plus, 3 alternate history scenarios too!

Is there a special way you're supposed to download it? just extracting the zip file to the mod folder doesn't seem to work for me.

Cool thanks. I got whole world and magna mundi, but meiou wouldn't work for some reason. I'll try the other ones later.

MEIOU is the best mod. Sure, there is some randomness, but it's not as bad as Vanilla. Plus, it's the most accurate when you begin. Archbishopric of Geneva, ftw.