Europa Universalis III

So Venice should be free to easily dismantle the Ottomans?

Crazy things like that happen far too often in Vanilla EU3.

EDIT: I won't try any further to convince you. Determinists find MM too free, Sandbox players find it too restrictive.

Venice should be able to recreate the Roman Empire and rule the Med. as "Mare Nostrum"

So Venice should be free to easily dismantle the Ottomans?

Crazy things like that happen far too often in Vanilla EU3.

EDIT: I won't try any further to convince you. Determinists find MM too free, Sandbox players find it too restrictive.

If I wanted a repeat of history, I would buy a book. But the most fun (if implausible) part of Europa Universalis is to get a minor nation and turn it into an unstoppable empire.

But the most fun (if implausible) part of Europa Universalis is to get a minor nation and turn it into an unstoppable empire.

In Crusader Kings there is a State for every Province, and the Provinces are very tiny. And so you could bring Calais, Lichenstein, Hamburg, Gotland* or many other tiny counties to a high status if you wanted.

*Happened to me by Sweden chnging there capital to it.
If I wanted a repeat of history, I would buy a book.

And when did Venice dismantle the Ottomans?

And when did Venice dismantle the Ottomans?

They didn't -which is the point. Victoria II, with a small nation, is an exercise of frustation, pacience and simply watching the computer roll endessly for years until you get a (censored) CB than will not get you several Great Powers dogpiling on you. I am not coughing up money for a second game like this, realistic or not. I do not buy my games for realism, I buy then to have fun.

That's true in victoria II I did have a game when I never had any CB other then cut down to size on landlocked unciv nation.

They didn't -which is the point. Victoria II, with a small nation, is an exercise of frustation, pacience and simply watching the computer roll endessly for years until you get a (censored) CB than will not get you several Great Powers dogpiling on you. I am not coughing up money for a second game like this, realistic or not. I do not buy my games for realism, I buy then to have fun.

You don`t need a Casus belli to declare war and not get everyone on you. I built an Empire in Victoria 2 From Bengal to Bulgaria with no cassus bellis.

You don`t need a Casus belli to declare war and not get everyone on you. I built an Empire in Victoria 2 From Bengal to Bulgaria with no cassus bellis.

How? With the absurd infamy hits, the six-year truces (which, admitedly, let your infamy go down) and the just-one-hundred years game?

I have created empires with small nations -I conquered half of Africa and Asia with Orange- But that was cheating and editing the files so infamy is 50.

Victoria is a good game if you play one of the 16 Powers. But any other nation means years and years of staring at the monitor.

So I've got a rather irritating problem. France has de facto ceased to exist. They are currently 100% occupied and have been for roughly 15-20 years. The problem is that like 6 different countries have at least one province, so none of them have a high enough war score to force France into accepting a peace deal. They won't go bankrupt because AI countries keep giving them war subsidies (why is the AI subsidizing such an obviously lost cause?). Their war exhaustion must be through the roof. I keep hoping that they will "break" and just cede all their provinces to their respective occupiers, but I have no idea what causes such breaks. I think it has something to do with rebels. Actually, since most of the countries taking part in the occupation are French-cultured, it seems to be a remarkably stable arrangment. I haven't seen any rebels pop up at all. I'm on the verge of just switching to France and surrendering.

Krall

Banned
So I've got a rather irritating problem. France has de facto ceased to exist. They are currently 100% occupied and have been for roughly 15-20 years. The problem is that like 6 different countries have at least one province, so none of them have a high enough war score to force France into accepting a peace deal. They won't go bankrupt because AI countries keep giving them war subsidies (why is the AI subsidizing such an obviously lost cause?). Their war exhaustion must be through the roof. I keep hoping that they will "break" and just cede all their provinces to their respective occupiers, but I have no idea what causes such breaks. I think it has something to do with rebels. Actually, since most of the countries taking part in the occupation are French-cultured, it seems to be a remarkably stable arrangment. I haven't seen any rebels pop up at all. I'm on the verge of just switching to France and surrendering.

I believe if rebels take their capital province they immediately cede all occupied provinces to their current occupiers.

Are you one of the countries attacking France in this war, or is it just a weird situation you've noticed from a distance?

Are you one of the countries attacking France in this war, or is it just a weird situation you've noticed from a distance?

Just something I noticed. I'm Wallachia.

Another problem that this situation is causing is that none of the involved nations can convert despite all their provinces being Reformed.

Last edited:
EU3-Devine Wind

Playing as Ming. It is the year 1635.
First time I have had to work with the 3 legislative branches and it is interesten even though it does make the gameplay a lot slower.
The branch in power has just changed from Eunuch to Bureaucrats and as I have a opened the options for a lot of additional buildings and have gained a lot of overseas territories I have a lot to build.
I hope I will have the bureaucrats for a long time, especcially as all provinces have already been converted to Conficianism.

Noteworthy comments.
-Ming Africa (the oldest colonial possession) and The Ming cape.
-Ming teritory on the western shore of the Kaspian sea, above Persia and South of British Asia. I did this to initiate Western Arms Trade.
-Ming teritory in South America. Just colonised it.

Vajrayana was the only power in Eastern Asia that could effectively keep the Mings in Balance. It contained The southern and middle parts of the Indian subcontinent (about 70% of current day India) + Malaca and the inhabited Indonesian regions and had several allies.
Withing 2 decades it however has decayed and lost the majority of its possessions.

EDIT: I see the picture hasnt uploaded, Ill do that later then.

Last edited:
I find MEIOU to be a superior mod.

Speaking of which, I downloaded MEIOU yesterday morning and have been having far too much fun with it. Here is my current game as Portugal, 1506.

Here is an amusing story. Castille conquered Granada shortly after the game began, but around 1485 she began to experience massive revolts brought on by war exhaustion. The rebels managed to reform Granada (without actually owning the province) and waged a war against Castille. After several years, Granada fully occupied and annexed their former oppressors. A few years later, Granada began to have uprisings of her own leading to the recreation of Castille and Leon.

It probably doesn't sound as funny with me explaining it, but seeing everything go full circle made me smile.

rX14Z.png

Here is an amusing story. Castille conquered Granada shortly after the game began, but around 1485 she began to experience massive revolts brought on by war exhaustion. The rebels managed to reform Granada (without actually owning the province) and waged a war against Castille. After several years, Granada fully occupied and annexed their former oppressors. A few years later, Granada began to have uprisings of her own leading to the recreation of Castille and Leon.

Do you have a close-up screenshot of the Iberian Peninsula? :eek:
Spain went back to the Middle Ages... wow.