Es Geloybte Aretz Continuation Thread

sorry but hasn't japan not done what they did otl? like comfort woman, banning of korean language, and attempt at cultural genocide, mass looting of the nation. Japan then went all settler colony on korea. Like im not that dumb to realise china vassal wasn't the greatest but comparing japanese rule to chinese overlordship seems not equal. Afterall china fought for korea in the imjin war etc.
No, they didn't. They won easily, and the sorry state of their finances plus the example of Germany (to whom they are looking ITTL) convinved them they needed a low-cost model to run their gains. Hence the decision to effectively satellitise Korea and Manchuria, but not interefere overly with internal affairs. Taiwan was turned into what they considered a tropical colony, but even there the money to actually extend control over the entiure island was not there, so they didn't get to around to the more oppressive shit until the 1940s.
Basically, they decided they could not afford to follow a colonial model. And of course the propaganda line for their solution writes itself. There is plenty of racism and life as a Korean or Manchurian in Japan is oppressive and regimented, but at home, you are largely left alone. Japan's presence is limited to economic exploitation and political dominance.
More random questions, does the grand german alliance (baden-baden nations, plus germanies allies netherlands, austria, sweden) form a atl nato? Second does this patches of alliance standardise their militaries with each other similar to nato with same types of ammo, etc.
Many Baden-Baden states use German gear or export versions thereof, so standardisation occurs as a side effect of that. Concerted efforts only begin in the late 20s/early 30s, when the next round of modernisation begins being planned. Here, they also get Austria-Hungary in the boat and the result is several standardised calibers, especially for high-volume stuff like infantry and AA rounds, mortar shells, and medium artillery. So in practice, it looks a lot like NATO, but the setup is very different politically. And of course there remain a lot of blind spots in easy places, like the non-interchangeable shoe laces, different types of fuel requirements for vehicles, or the current for radio and Funkortung gear.

Can i ask what happens to the monarchies of various baden baden nations during the second war do most go to germany due to their countries being overwhelmed, any captured?. Second do any members of these monarchies do anything of note during the war, like the does polish habsburg make a stand and stay in warsaw. Do the daughters become medics? sons commanders/soldiers?
Most of the monarchs stay in the parts of the country that was not occupied, and in some cases it gets turned into a heroic legend. And of course younger menh serve, and women volunteer for nursing or affiliated services. This is a media age, they all understand that. But they are never in actual physical danger except in the way everyone is, from random air raids and such.

following on how have military industry of netherlands and sweden doing? otl didn't sweden choose to develop the gripen (or another jet) over nukes as they couldnt afford both here they have nukes.
Sweden's nuclear programme is a side effect of a very muscular nuclear power industry, and because they are not bloc-free, they do not need to develop all their gear in-country. I think there will be much more of a NATO pattern, with smaller countries developing some top-notch equipment, but buying other elements wholesale. I'm not sure how that will distribute with Sweden, but they might choose to buy 'army stuff' like tanks, artillery, communications gear and AA from Germany and concentrate on deterrence weapons like nuclear-capable fighter-bombers and submarines. Realistically, this is what will pay dividends in their situation. The Netherlands will focus almost completely on the navy as they know the Germans cannot defend their colonial holdings and their land borders are reasonabnly secure, surrounded as they are by neutral Belgium, friendly Germany, and only slightly threatening Luxembourg.

On the netherlands how is the first russo-german war viewed? Like did netherlands ever fight any land battles? With russia being defeated did have any effect on the nation their small nation effectively blockaded russia pacific. Did patriotism and dutch i dunno opinion of themselves increase, like they are finally a strong military power to be feared.
That will be a very ambivalent view. They went into a righteous war and won, so there is an immediate rush of patriotism (and they were in a few land battles, the Dutch sent troops to the northern front and fought prominently in Finland and the St Petersburg campaign). But in the medium term, there is a lot of unease with the dependence on Germany this produced. Dutch national pride is prickly and fraught, caught between memories of great victories (in both wars) and the acceptance that they are a medium-sized European country surrounded by much bigger powers.

Random thought whats happening with the german nobility and royalty who married into russia like hessian princesses Elisabeth, and Alexandra daughters of princess alice? The former i feel like is their 'good' german, later no idea.
This will create a lot of hostility, emotional scenes and deep hurt within the aristocracy, but as far as everyone else sees it, they are Russian and need not be worried about one way or the other. It's still an age where a woman is thought of as following the man she marries in all things.

I keep forgetting to ask this but the status of the duchy of brunswick? I got restored otl, because Willie 2 daughter married a hannover Prince thus ending their feud so he allowed them inherit it. That princess does not exist here now right? So what's happened now with Brunswick.

Can I ask did any other countries try to join the German side in the second war like Spain etc.

I keep forgetting to ask this but the status of the duchy of brunswick? I got restored otl, because Willie 2 daughter married a hannover Prince thus ending their feud so he allowed them inherit it. That princess does not exist here now right? So what's happened now with Brunswick.
I can't say I have given it much thought, but I assume something similar. Welf-Hohenzollern reconciliation was policy for both Albert and Wilhelm ITTL

Can I ask did any other countries try to join the German side in the second war like Spain etc.
There isn't much in it, so - not likely. Certainly not Spain, they had their own issues to deal with and, being in the French ambit, would be stepping on some big toes doing that. Countries bordering Russia might, but most of them are already involved as things are.

That will be a very ambivalent view. They went into a righteous war and won, so there is an immediate rush of patriotism (and they were in a few land battles, the Dutch sent troops to the northern front and fought prominently in Finland and the St Petersburg campaign). But in the medium term, there is a lot of unease with the dependence on Germany this produced. Dutch national pride is prickly and fraught, caught between memories of great victories (in both wars) and the acceptance that they are a medium-sized European country surrounded by much bigger powers.
On the other hand, Dutch pride did survive total dependence on Britain in the colonies, so I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of balanced position like that feels kinda alright. Depend on Germany at home, on Britain in the Indies, and on the Navy to keep them connected, while vehemently denying anything but the dependence on the Navy.

As an aside, I don't find the notion that Japan would let Taiwan become independent very believable. But that might just be me.

kham_coc

Banned
As an aside, I don't find the notion that Japan would let Taiwan become independent very believable. But that might just be me.
I'm not sure Taiwan would want to be independent in this scenario - there would be decades more immigration and integration, and decades more goodwill towards Japan.
Add in the fact that any independence movement is going to have to explain what they are going to do about China.
So i think that the locals, along with the Japanese would vote for remaining.

Easy, you just watch the Military Olympics. Every four years. Teams from the world's armies compete in disciplines such as riflery, pistol shooting, equestrian sports, wrestling, MMA, gunnery, cross-country running, obstacle courses, running is gas protection, grenade throwing (distance and target), bayonet fighting, mounted lance combat, and the odd stuff (like speed-firing five blanks from a mountain gun, then disassembling it, carrying it over an obstacle course, reassembling irt, and firing another five blanks)
I can totally see it. Summer and Winter Olympics on alternating even years, the Parabellum Games (the IOC might object to its brand used for a militaristic event 😉) and the Footy World Cup on alternating odd years...

Thanks for an interesting timeline BTW!

I'm not sure Taiwan would want to be independent in this scenario - there would be decades more immigration and integration, and decades more goodwill towards Japan.
Add in the fact that any independence movement is going to have to explain what they are going to do about China.
So i think that the locals, along with the Japanese would vote for remaining.
Yeah it would probably be a Japanese settler colony with the Han Chinese upper and middle class buying in to Japanese rule the natives can be safely sidelined

can i ask with russia saying jews don't exist. Has any jews gone you what maybe violence is the answer?

Can i ask whats going to happen with the german pacific islands will germany still retain them? How would that work qingdao is gone back to china do they have any major ports even in the east now? Will germany make a agreement with the uk and its commonwealth with them guaranteeing their defence for germany? Is the rock now german?

Which monarchies stay in their countries when russia invade, does this galvanise population support for these monarchies?

Due to russia invasion does Ruthenia (sorry i cant spell its proper name the western ukraine state that starts with w) Have a much easier time breaking their culture away from russia, as in it makes the alphabet change more accepted, does catholism conversion become more widespread, does the church go mad in ukraine with the russian orthodox church probs losing all power they can fill in. How will Ruthenia treat the russian ruthenians? (rest of the ukrainians) Is there a massive attempt at assimilation, and discrimination? So a east west divide? Does the war make it easier for the elites to westernise the nations culture and religion?

Sorry again but what was the reason for britain and germany not allying with the US, france being friends and expansionist russia. Why does UK remain unwilling to support germany?

That's my sense, too.

Yeah it would probably be a Japanese settler colony with the Han Chinese upper and middle class buying in to Japanese rule the natives can be safely sidelined

Good point. I assumed that the Han Chinese would be the great majority of the people that mattered and would resent being governed from Japan. But stranger things have happened ITTL. But I do not think China would be as centrally focussed on the whole issue. Taiwan ITTL is not laying claim to Chinese identity, and the island was part of the Qing Empire for about 200 years, never really considered Chinese. There are more immediately pressing national slights for the Chinese government to focus on here (Manchuria, for one thing).

can i ask with russia saying jews don't exist. Has any jews gone you what maybe violence is the answer?
Violence kind of was the answer - that, and a uniquely welcoming policy to the west. Now obviously, not all the jews have physically left. Many were baptised, often well before the war under pressure from the pogroms and increasingly repressive policies, and not all those conversions were earnest. Others adopted false Russian identities. People will suffer a lot to stay where they live.
As to private religious practice, Russia is a big place and Moscow is far away. There are families out there where they break bread and say the blessing on Saturday, and fathers take their sons to secluded places to tell them why this night is different from the others ... but there is no more overt Jewish religion in Russia, anywhere. Millions moved West, mainly into Poland, Lithuania, and Austria-Hungary, also to Germany, Sweden, Canada and the United States.

Can i ask whats going to happen with the german pacific islands will germany still retain them? How would that work qingdao is gone back to china do they have any major ports even in the east now? Will germany make a agreement with the uk and its commonwealth with them guaranteeing their defence for germany? Is the rock now german?
The rock would be Heligoland? Yes, it is. The islands I am not entirely sure. I assume the Solomons are lumped with New Guinea and get independence with it. Probably with some kind of naval basing rights as part of the treaty, to save face. Qingdao goes to China, that is simply not a question. Samoa is the right size to be an overseas territory, I guess that makes sense. A holiday spot where you can trust the waiters to speak German and the beer is made according to the Reinheitsgebot... Probably not very nice.

Which monarchies stay in their countries when russia invade, does this galvanise population support for these monarchies?
It helps, but the main thing is that the monarchies are strongly identified with national identity, so they are insulated from fundamental criticism by that. I don't envision any of them fleeing their countries, though I think Estonia and Wolhynia may evacuate the heirs and non-military relatives to allied states.
Due to russia invasion does Ruthenia (sorry i cant spell its proper name the western ukraine state that starts with w) Have a much easier time breaking their culture away from russia, as in it makes the alphabet change more accepted, does catholism conversion become more widespread, does the church go mad in ukraine with the russian orthodox church probs losing all power they can fill in. How will Ruthenia treat the russian ruthenians? (rest of the ukrainians) Is there a massive attempt at assimilation, and discrimination? So a east west divide? Does the war make it easier for the elites to westernise the nations culture and religion?
I would think yes to all of this, though Catholic conversion is more by the church community than the individual. The churches of *Ukraine move into Catholic obedience, retaining their eastern rite. Individual conversion to Latin rite Catholicism is an urban phenomenon.
As to the russophone minority - there are no Russian Ruthenians as far as they are concerned. There are Ruthenians who were alienated from their roots and need help, education, and compassion, and there are Russians who need to be expedited back to Russia. One day, you will have to tick a box on a form to indicate which you are. That is all.
(yes, it will be ugly)
Sorry again but what was the reason for britain and germany not allying with the US, france being friends and expansionist russia. Why does UK remain unwilling to support germany?
Stupid pigheadedness on the part of Britain on the first. One of the many debt crises of central America in which the British put the thumbscrews on a little too hard, the US Navy came to show the flag and uphold the Monroe Doctrine, and politicians in londoin decided to make domestic hay by pointing out that the Monroe doctrine was not something Britain needed to honour if it went contrary to its interests. After which Britain and the USA found themselves realising they actually presented a credible threat to each other if they ever went to war, never considering why on earth they would ever want to do that. France was quick to exploit the situation, playing on republican sympathies in the US public, and for a while, Washington ad Paris reassured each other they could withstand British bullying together. It never went as far as a formal alliance requiring the other to go to war, but if Britain and France had come to blows in the 1910s and 1920s, there could well have been a Canadian front and naval battles off Cape Cod.
As to Germany, Britain is not invested in dominating the continent, it is invested in nobody else doing so. London needs Berlin to counterbalance Paris, but it is not interested in making Germany into a continental hegemon. The situation post-1908 suits them very well.

Some more questions, when the second war happens do Jews start to rally around their various flags for payback?

Second, on your mention of how Poland can't really move poles to hypothetically new gained land east, what about Jews surely the same reasons don't apply to them? If millions of Jews flee to various places like Poland. I. Theory can you not move these populations Into new Eastern lands? After all they have no loyalty to Russia now and hate them due to pogroms etc. Also wouldn't in general Jewish populations be supportive of it? A large area of Poland where Jews could be a majority surely former Russian Jews and Eastern Jews see benefits of this?

Do Ukrainians still develop a large diaspora in Canada? If so do they identify with Russia or ruthenia?

Back to the church can someone explain in simpler language what this means
The churches of *Ukraine move into Catholic obedience, retaining their eastern rite.
Does this mean they still do the ceremonies general worship orthodox way, but their loyalty is too the rome and pope over Moscow and patriarch? Will at some point will the ruthenian church start to follow more of the norms and assimilate/reform into a more mainstream style of Catholicism or just be unique? BTW are western catholics bishops fine with this? Don't the these new catholics turn more freedom like marriage etc, won't there be jealously?

How do Ruthenians view their religious history? As in we were always Greek catholics, but Russia forced us to change, or literally we were orthodox but we hate Russia so now we catholics.

Last does Austria Hungary finally adopt a flag?

Some more questions, when the second war happens do Jews start to rally around their various flags for payback?
Remember the Jewish Division? It's tradition at this point. All the infrastructure is in place. Russian soldiers are instructed to take no Jewish prisoners and always keep a bullet for themselves if fighting them. (that would be more comforting advice if the Russians could give their troops enough bullets)
Second, on your mention of how Poland can't really move poles to hypothetically new gained land east, what about Jews surely the same reasons don't apply to them? If millions of Jews flee to various places like Poland. I. Theory can you not move these populations Into new Eastern lands? After all they have no loyalty to Russia now and hate them due to pogroms etc. Also wouldn't in general Jewish populations be supportive of it? A large area of Poland where Jews could be a majority surely former Russian Jews and Eastern Jews see benefits of this?
It's not that they can't physically move people there. They don't want to go. Eastern Poland ITTL is the arse end of nowhere. The Russian Jews, uprooted and resettled a few decades earlier, are the leasdt likely candidates for that kind of project. Most of them live in urban environments now, and very few of them trust the assurances of anby government that land titles are secure and settlement is permanent. Systematic refugee resettlement from rural areas is the better bet.
Do Ukrainians still develop a large diaspora in Canada? If so do they identify with Russia or ruthenia?
I doubt it will be anywhere near that significant. The choice of identity is a personal issue at that point, though Canadian public opinion nin general tends to massively favour Ruthenia.
Back to the church can someone explain in simpler language what this means

Does this mean they still do the ceremonies general worship orthodox way, but their loyalty is too the rome and pope over Moscow and patriarch? Will at some point will the ruthenian church start to follow more of the norms and assimilate/reform into a more mainstream style of Catholicism or just be unique? BTW are western catholics bishops fine with this? Don't the these new catholics turn more freedom like marriage etc, won't there be jealously?
The Eastern rite Catholic churches are a reality IOTL, and it is pretty much exactly that. Their traditions are quite stable and notably different from the Latin rite, but their theology and obedience is in alighnment with Rome. I don't think there is a lot of jealousy involved, though many Latins tend to look down on them as 'incomplete' or 'exotic' Catholics. I don't envision very many Latin rite Catholic churches in Ruthenia, though there will be some. IOTL there are Eastern rite Catholic churches in some Western European and many Nortth American dioceses and it's not usually a problem.
How do Ruthenians view their religious history? As in we were always Greek catholics, but Russia forced us to change, or literally we were orthodox but we hate Russia so now we catholics.
I would think they view their church as the true orthodox church in alignment with the universal church of the original patriarchies and Moscow as schismatic. But I dopn't really know enough about early Ukrainian national historiography.
Last does Austria Hungary finally adopt a flag?
They will have to, but most likely it'll be a fudge again.

Question will the various german royalty still Marry other royalty outside of Germany or is that stopping? Like with no uk german rivalry will those monarchies marry into each other or no?

Is ruwanda and Burundi part of german East Africa or administrated separately?

During the second war do the colonies raise troops to help fight in Europe? How do the askaris fare in that war?

Also south africa how's it doing and what is the relations with Germany like? The Dutch are pro-german, so does south africa try and forge closer ties to Germany? Actually did the second boer war happen here?

Question will the various german royalty still Marry other royalty outside of Germany or is that stopping? Like with no uk german rivalry will those monarchies marry into each other or no?
German princesses (and princes) will still be considered good partners for marriageable princes, but other than the Hohenzollern, slightly infra dig. Someone you can marry for love or convenience, but not really a catch - not like a real ruling house. More generally, though, royals increasingly marry people from their own countries. It's generally considered safer and more acceptable to the newspaper-reading public.

Is ruwanda and Burundi part of german East Africa or administrated separately?
Rwanda and Burundi are British. They were swapped as part of the settlement in the Kongo crisis so the British could link up their Cape-to-Kairo railway.

During the second war do the colonies raise troops to help fight in Europe? How do the askaris fare in that war?
The Germans generally do not believe in colonial troops in Europe. There are exceptions to this, but they are exceptions. As a rule, colonbial troops belomng in the colonies as far as Berlin is concerned.
The Askari are expensive, and not raised in the German colonies. They are intended to cement control in Ostafrika, and only a small force is despatched to New Guinea when the probability of a Russian attack looks high. Since the landing never materialises, they are sent back.
All German citizens in the colonies are subject to the regular draft. Most are either deferred or used within the colony, but those who have special skills in high demand or wish to serve in Europe are sent there. Since the law is the law, that equally applies to nonwhite German citizens. A few of them serve in Europe. So do a number of colonial immgrants who live in Germany. The relatively few citizens are subject to conscription, the more numerous colonial subjects are allowed to volunteer. But this is a small number in aggregate, never forming discrete units.
A few Schutztruppe officers are detailed back to Germany and take along their Herero Burschen (basically, a batman). As the war gets more intense, these are unceremoniously transferred to combatant units. Again, small numbers.
The biggest exception are the "Gelbe Gang" or "Kieler Kulis", Qingdao Chinese labourers recruited by the Navy to free up men for combat duty. They grow to over 10.000 in the course of the war. Most are used in rear echelon duties, handling cargo, doing unskilled labour in dockyards, workshops, and quartermaster stores. But they so serve on shipboard, and there are no noncombatant roles on a navy ship. Though day to day, they cook and serve meals, count tins of paint, shovel coal, or clean machine parts, in combat they serve damage control, recover and evacuate wounded, and fetch ammunition. Quite a few of them end up recommended for decorations (which they cannot legally received) for their gallantry, and in the end the Emperor is so embarrassed by the case of one mess steward (Tsching Dao Ling, his passbook calls him) who manned an AA machine gun during a Russian raid, reported downed a torpedo bomber, and then risked his life carrying wounded out of the sinking wreck of the destroyer Herrmann von Saltza, only evacuating with the last raft and spending a deadly cold night adrift in the Baltic. He was picked up by a Swedish SAR party and his story made the Stockholm press. Iron Cross First Class, and that created the precedent for several more military decorations which, after the war, moved the Verwaltungsgericht Kiel to rule that disabled civilian navy labourers merited navy pensions. The government wisely chose not to appeal the ruling.
Chinatowns in German port cities are treated with significantly more respect and warmth than, say, Kamerunian or Togolese communities. Every navy veteran has a story about how Tsching was a good guy. They are usually remembered as Tsching, regardless of their actual name.
Also south africa how's it doing and what is the relations with Germany like? The Dutch are pro-german, so does south africa try and forge closer ties to Germany? Actually did the second boer war happen here?
The Boer war happened, it was contentious, but Germany had the good sense to stay well away. Relations with South Africa are - of necessity amicable. Germany and Britain are on good terms (even when they are not formally allied), and the German settlers in Südwest know that were it not so, the South African garrison alone could roll up their colony in slightly more time than it would take to walk from one end to another. There are significant populations of both Germans in South Africa and South Africans in Südwest, and though there are tensions (especially in the early years of open prospecting), they generally rub along all right. Mostly, both sides feel that keeping the natives in their place supersedes any rivalries among them. Both sides think the others are doing it wrong, but both agree it needs doing.

Rwanda and Burundi are British. They were swapped as part of the settlement in the Kongo crisis so the British could link up their Cape-to-Kairo railway
Can you share more on the Congo crisis please so Germany gave up land what did they get in return? Does Britain now own the Congo?

Can I also ask what is the relations between qingdao chinese and Germany? Is it similar to Hong Kong and the UK? From what you wrote it seems Germany likes the qingdao chinese alot. So when it comes to handover is there any movements from qingdao or Germany itself to try and stay german? Like Hong Kong is their a wave of chinese immigration from qingdao to Germany when the handover happens. Also can qingdao chinese later own still get access to move to Germany?

What's the relationship between Belgium and Germany like?

Can you share more on the Congo crisis please so Germany gave up land what did they get in return? Does Britain now own the Congo?
France owns much of it, Portugal therest. It's pretty much the political jumping-off point for the TL, and I can't really do this briefly. The first chapters cover it. Leopold is forced to give up the 'Free state', France activates the right of first purchase, a crisis ensues and is resolved at a conference. France comes away with territorioal gaoins, Britain with its railway, Germany with an Anglo-German rapprochement.
Can I also ask what is the relations between qingdao chinese and Germany? Is it similar to Hong Kong and the UK? From what you wrote it seems Germany likes the qingdao chinese alot. So when it comes to handover is there any movements from qingdao or Germany itself to try and stay german? Like Hong Kong is their a wave of chinese immigration from qingdao to Germany when the handover happens. Also can qingdao chinese later own still get access to move to Germany?
The handover is not as politically fraught, and no, the inhabitants of Qingdao cannot freely enter Germany (though there were arrangements that made it easier than for otrhers). In general, relations are friendly, but fraught. German rule wasn't particularly bad (Shandong, like the hinterland of Hongkong and Shanghai, was a safe haven for industry and people during the warlord era), but it was still colonial rule and exploitative. There is a subset of Chinese who profited from it and love the Germans, but they are not the majority. The Germans relied on Chinese to staff much of the lower rank civil service and business of their New Guinean colony.
What's the relationship between Belgium and Germany like?
Not bad, but the Belgians know uncomfoprtably well they are right between Germany and France and carefully cultivate good relatiopns with both.

Germany with an Anglo-German rapprochement
Sorry but hindsight isn't it a waste as they never get an alliance or did Britain guarantee they will protect Germany trade routes and oversea colonies? Like later on the Germans must see at as a waste surely? Lastly does France see this as a French victory and German defeat?

BTW why didn't china not join Germany in the second war even when Germany was winning? They lost Mongolia to Russia how come China just let Russia get away with it? In retrospect do the chinese regret not joining the war and how are chinese and russian relations now?

In Austria Hungary are Germans in Bohemia still being assimilated into Czech culture?

In regards to Portugal are they still Britain continental ally? Like how does this work. All the Latin countries are part of the french bloc? How does Portugal deal with that?

@carlton_bach how extensive is space exploration ITTL?
Less than IOTL, because there is no direct superpower competition. There are more space programs (just about every industrialised country has one, with Britain, France, the USA, Germany, Russia, Japan, China and Argentina having crewed spacecraft capability. But there was no moon mission, nothing comparable to MIR, the Shuttle, or the ISS. Most space flight is in low orbit, and what exploration there is is limited to automated probes. Since landing technology is behind OTL, there were fewer successful surface missions and thus no 'Mars Rover' either.

Sorry but hindsight isn't it a waste as they never get an alliance or did Britain guarantee they will protect Germany trade routes and oversea colonies? Like later on the Germans must see at as a waste surely? Lastly does France see this as a French victory and German defeat?
Well, Britain gave pretty far-reaching security guarantees and honoured them. Had France entered the war, Britain would have, too. British ports and waters were safe havens for German shipping, and Britain guaranteed access to its markets. And of course, the alternative likely would have been continentwide war, less than ten years after the Fashoda crisis.
The decision is not viewed in very emotional terms in Germany later on, though it was fiercely criticised at the time. Germans don't care that much about colonies. They define their greatness as a nation through their continental domination, not their overseas holdings. They are nice to have, but not that important.
The French view this as a triumph - over Britain. Germany was viewed as a secondary actor, a useful fool that swapped small territories with Britain out of fear of war. Most french people at the time were convinced this allowed London to save face, but that their firm stance forced the issue. In fact, had it not been for the swap, Britain would have gone to war over the Congo.
BTW why didn't china not join Germany in the second war even when Germany was winning? They lost Mongolia to Russia how come China just let Russia get away with it? In retrospect do the chinese regret not joining the war and how are chinese and russian relations now?
I am not entirely sure China didn't join the war - I need to reread my material. But if they didn't, they were just as vigorously not at war as the Russians were. And Mongolia is certainly not lost.
China and Russia are comfortable in tepid mutual hatred, the kind that does not preclude profitable business relations. It helps that their border is so far away from both sides' industrial centres that an actual war would be largely theoretical.
In Austria Hungary are Germans in Bohemia still being assimilated into Czech culture?
Only if they want to. German language and culture has legal protections. But most Bohemians will end up bilingual, though they will have an ancestral identity.

In regards to Portugal are they still Britain continental ally? Like how does this work. All the Latin countries are part of the french bloc? How does Portugal deal with that?
The Portuguese alliance survives. France has Spain and Italy as its main allies, twin daggers pointed at the jugular of the British Empire... but in reality, both countries have plenty issues of their own. And of course ITTL, Portugal and Spain never have the rapprochement they had as the only surviving fascist states in Europe after '45. THey heartily dislike each other.