Eastern Europe and the Balkans islamised

Have all the Slavic countries of Eastern Europe and the Balkans (including Russia) as well as the three Baltic Countries, Romania and Hungary along with the Romani there be Islamised rather than Christianised.
Would all those languages be written in the Arabic script or how exactly?
What would relations be like between a Muslim Moscow and Kiev and the Tartars along with the Ottomans?
How would it change the societies of Eastern Europe and the Russian Empire?
how would it change the politics and culture of the following countries/societies:

• 19th&20th century Britain
    19th&20th century France
    German Empire, Weimar Republic, Nazi Germany
    Their colonial Empires
    The Russian Empire, the Soviet Union and the Russian Federation
    The EU
    The US

• 19th&20th century Britain
    19th&20th century France
    German Empire, Weimar Republic, Nazi Germany
    Their colonial Empires
    The Russian Empire, the Soviet Union and the Russian Federation
    The EU
    The US

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of butterflies suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Islamic Russia is going to be hard. Missionaries from Bolghar (an islamic nation in modern day Russia) actually arrived in the court of one of the old princes of Rus and attempted to convert him to Islam. You know why he refused? Because alcohol was too important to him (and to Russia, according to his words). And as far as we know, he was right - Rus of the time wouldn't want to get rid of their alcohol.

Maybe we can get Bolghars more powerful and get them to conquer Russia before it converts to Christianity and actually enforce Islam. Then, Bolghars gets toppled in time but Islam stays. That's your best chance, probably.

Islamic Russia is going to be hard. Missionaries from Bolghar (an islamic nation in modern day Russia) actually arrived in the court of one of the old princes of Rus and attempted to convert him to Islam. You know why he refused? Because alcohol was too important to him (and to Russia, according to his words). And as far as we know, he was right - Rus of the time wouldn't want to get rid of their alcohol.

Maybe we can get Bolghars more powerful and get them to conquer Russia before it converts to Christianity and actually enforce Islam. Then, Bolghars gets toppled in time but Islam stays. That's your best chance, probably.

They would have to be alot MORE powerful. I beleive it was Vladimir the Great who decided upon Orthodox Christianity after considering Islam. Vlad rejected Islam not just because of its prohibitions against alcohol but also pork and the requirement to circumcise.

They would have to be alot MORE powerful. I beleive it was Vladimir the Great who decided upon Orthodox Christianity after considering Islam. Vlad rejected Islam not just because of its prohibitions against alcohol but also pork and the requirement to circumcise.

Yes, I missed some details but the point is the same - incompatible life style.

I can't think of a way for Bolghars to be powerful enough to take on Rus. Maybe a more expansionist ruler gets them to conquer a good part of the Caspian Steppe a generation or two before Vladimir the Great, or maybe the part of Bolghar tribes that became Bulgaria never leaves in this timeline.

As I recall though, he was pretty interested in being allowed to have multiple wives.

As I recall though, he was pretty interested in being allowed to have multiple wives.

I think I recall Vlad shunning Islam for that reason. While the multiple wives was attractive, it was the mutiple mother-in-laws that ultimately forced him to orthodoxy. :p

Have all the Slavic countries of Eastern Europe and the Balkans (including Russia) as well as the three Baltic Countries, Romania and Hungary along with the Romani there be Islamised rather than Christianised.
The Balkans are relatively easy, just have the Ottomans prove as intolerant as... well... contemporary Europe.

Much else means a rather more remote POD, although stronger steppe movements that adopt Islam earlier will be a factor. If the first Muslim seiges of Contantiniople pan out then it would be more certain but you have rewrote the history of Western Europe as well
Would all those languages be written in the Arabic script or how exactly?
Most Likely.
What would relations be like between a Muslim Moscow and Kiev and the Tartars along with the Ottomans?
Excuses would be found for strife. Do not assume anything resembling a united front.
How would it change the societies of Eastern Europe and the Russian Empire?
Depends on the POD.

The Russian Empire

If that happens to the eastern Slavs, I doubt it would be called the Russian Empire, probably more like Kievid Caliphate or Sultanate, depending on the era. I also doubt they would expand past the Volga with the Sibir Khanate.

Part of the Balkans are already Muslim. The Blakans - and specifically the former Yugoslavia - have always been the frontier between three empires: Muslim, Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christian.
The Muslim Turks recruited Albanians and Kosovars to fight their battles.
The Holy Roman Empire (Germany) recruited Croatians to fight their battles.
Russian and Greek Orthodox Christians recruited Serbians to fight their battles.
Long after those three empires collapsed, local hill tribes continue the old blood feuds.
Albania and Kosovo were dominated by Muslims within our lifetimes.
Despite the best efforts of Serbian and Croatian "ethnic-cleansing" they were not able to eliminate Islam from the Balkans.
For all the Balkans to become Muslim would merely require slightly more ambitious Turkish Sultans and better soldiers. From there, it is a short stretch for Muslims to over-run Venice and start conquering their way down the Italian peninsula.

Part of the Balkans are already Muslim. The Blakans - and specifically the former Yugoslavia - have always been the frontier between three empires: Muslim, Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Christian.
The Muslim Turks recruited Albanians and Kosovars to fight their battles.
The Holy Roman Empire (Germany) recruited Croatians to fight their battles.
Russian and Greek Orthodox Christians recruited Serbians to fight their battles.
Long after those three empires collapsed, local hill tribes continue the old blood feuds.
Albania and Kosovo were dominated by Muslims within our lifetimes.
Despite the best efforts of Serbian and Croatian "ethnic-cleansing" they were not able to eliminate Islam from the Balkans.
For all the Balkans to become Muslim would merely require slightly more ambitious Turkish Sultans and better soldiers. From there, it is a short stretch for Muslims to over-run Venice and start conquering their way down the Italian peninsula.

Why down? Mehmed II launched a failed, but initially seuccessful, invasion of Italy from Salento, and if he put more effort in it (the ambition kinda sounds like a early modern Islamic Hitler) he might get a stronghold in Italy.