East Prussia joins Lithuania

How could we make East Prussia join Lithuania, a large minority of the people in East Prussia are Lithuanians how could we make East Prussia unite with Lithuania, what POD is required.

Last edited:
Well... I'm not sure I follow. You want East Prussia united with Lithuania as it is today, right? By the way, majority of people in the former East Prussia are not Lithuanians - they are Poles or Russians.
A POD to achieve of East Prussia and Lithuania would be, IMHO, eliminating East Prussia - Conrad of Masovia doesn't invite the Teutonic Order to fight Old Prussians or the Order fails. Later the territory of the East Prussia (actually, the only Prussia at the time) might be conquered by Lithuanians.
After the Teutonic Order esteblished its own state, an unification of East Prussia with Lithuania was pretty much impossible. Sure, Poland-Lithuania might conquer or annex East Prussia, but I think that most of that territory would be incorporated into Poland, with some part going to Lithuania.
And if you' re looking for a way to unite Lithuania and East Prussia witha POD in XX century then:
1. Wrong Forum
2. Almost ASB

Well... I'm not sure I follow. You want East Prussia united with Lithuania as it is today, right? By the way, majority of people in the former East Prussia are not Lithuanians - they are Poles or Russians.
A POD to achieve of East Prussia and Lithuania would be, IMHO, eliminating East Prussia - Conrad of Masovia doesn't invite the Teutonic Order to fight Old Prussians or the Order fails. Later the territory of the East Prussia (actually, the only Prussia at the time) might be conquered by Lithuanians.
After the Teutonic Order esteblished its own state, an unification of East Prussia with Lithuania was pretty much impossible. Sure, Poland-Lithuania might conquer or annex East Prussia, but I think that most of that territory would be incorporated into Poland, with some part going to Lithuania.
And if you' re looking for a way to unite Lithuania and East Prussia witha POD in XX century then:
1. Wrong Forum
2. Almost ASB

What I was talking about is an East Prussia that is united with Lithuania before 1900 since there is a Lithuanian Population in East Prussia which revived the Lithuanian culture and language after Lithuania was annexed by Russia.

, a large majority of the people in East Prussia are Lithuanians

Er no, Lithuanians were never anything more than a minority in East Prussia historically (never more than 10% at the most) and are a tiny minority in the territory that comprised it in the modern day.

Even in the Memelland, the portion that went to Lithuania and had the largest Lithuanian population, ethnic Lithuanians were only 26.5% of the population (Germans were 45%), they may make up the majority today, but that's the result of ethnic cleansing.

In Kaliningrad Oblast Lithuanians only make-up 1.1% of the population.

In Poland Lithuanians only number 8,639; to put that in prosepctive, their are more South Koreans, Irish, Mongolians, Iraqis and Greeks than Lithuanians in Poland.

Last edited:
Er no, Lithuanians were never anything more than a minority in East Prussia historically (never more than 10% at the most) and are a tiny minority in the territory that comprised it in the modern day.

Even in the Memelland, the portion that went to Lithuania and had the largest Ltihuanian population, ethnic Lithuanians were only 26.5% of the population (Germans were 45%), they may make up the majority today, but that's the result of ethnic cleansing.

In Poland Lithuanians only number 8,639; to put that in prosepctive, their are more South Koreans, Irish, Mongolians, Iraqis and Greeks than Lithuanians in Poland.

Sorry for the typo but the Prussian Lithuanians were important in the National revival of Lithuania so I was asking how they will be reunited with the Lithuanians..

Even in the Memelland, the portion that went to Lithuania and had the largest Ltihuanian population, ethnic Lithuanians were only 26.5% of the population (Germans were 45%), they may make up the majority today, but that's the result of ethnic cleansing.

In Duchy of Prussia Lithuanians comprised about 30% prior 18th century. Only later they stated to shrink in number.

In Duchy of Prussia Lithuanians comprised about 30% prior 18th century. Only later they stated to shrink in number.

That was situation on beginning of 20th century. Prior 18th century all that territory that had low Lithuanian populace in your map was Lithuanian.

The Lithuanians could remain as a large minority in Prussia, a more Lithuanian Prussia will be more interesting....